Mick Jagger becomes dad again at age 73

Well you said you were "skeeved" by it so doesn't that mean you're bothered?

No, it just means I'm sharing my opinion on the subject.
Is a 73 year old having sex with a 29 year old something that I think about and am bothered by it. No, not ever, although I have seen some pretty funny movie titles about such things that have made me cringe :rolleyes1

Why do people always feel the need to criticize age gaps in relationships? Truly mind boggling.

This is the DIS. You will find criticism to just about anything you want to post.....go ahead, name a topic.......

Some things you will agree with, some you won't.....just the way it is.

Do I feel a "need?" Nope, but hey, since we are DISCUSSING, I will share my opinion.

I am not quite sure why this boggles your mind.

I can be bothered by it and still allow others to disagree with me.
And I can be entitled to my own opinion about why a 29 year old would be interested in having a 73 year old's baby.

I never said others can't disagree. My point was that I just don't get why a large age gap between consenting adults bothers people. I just don't understand why it matters, and yes, I find it mind boggling.

I never said others can't disagree. My point was that I just don't get why a large age gap between consenting adults bothers people. I just don't understand why it matters, and yes, I find it mind boggling.
Because it's gross, skeevy, and repulsive. of course they don't care about my opinion, but I'm entitled to feel that way, your understanding notwithstanding.

Well you said you were "skeeved" by it so doesn't that mean you're bothered?
Doesn't bother me either, but I can second the "skeeved" comment. The thought of being in bed with his naked body...........:faint: :scared1: But, if you can stomach it, I guess it's a good retirement plan. These girls have to know that there is no chance in having a happily ever after with him. But a nice house and a pay off....................if you can keep from getting sick........:thumbsup2

I read this and it reminded me of President Tyler. John Tyler was born in 1790. He became the 10th US President back in 1840. As of February 2016 he has 2 living grandsons. He fathered his 13 of 15 kids Lyon Tyler at 63. Lyon then fathered 2 kids when he was 71 & 75 and both as of September are both alive and kicking. It just boggles my mind. Not that it takes much.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/29842/president-john-tylers-grandsons-are-still-alive

I guess for me it's like this - does she make him happy? does he make her happy? We don't know and we probably shouldn't care. Whatever floats their boat. Will the kid lose out on a father - maybe. Not for me to judge because it is their choice. The kid will have a father whether it's Mick or someone after Mick dies.

Doesn't bother me either, but I can second the "skeeved" comment. The thought of being in bed with his naked body...........:faint: :scared1: But, if you can stomach it, I guess it's a good retirement plan. These girls have to know that there is no chance in having a happily ever after with him. But a nice house and a pay off....................if you can keep from getting sick........:thumbsup2

See, if I ever fell in love with a man significantly older than me (as opposed to just the six years older that my husband actually is), I think that would be the hardest part of it all...

Not the fellow's "naked body" (since it really IS entirely possible to love someone for more than just their naked body, and thank goodness for that), but the judgments people would make about me and my motives.

"if you can stomach it, I guess it's a good retirement plan."

"At least she'll get a nice house and a big pay off out of it."

I already have a husband I love very much. But, I can definitely see the attraction in someone like Mick. He's intelligent. Interesting. Creative. He seems to have an excellent sense of humour. I'm sure if I ever met him, I'd find him entirely fascinating.

And yes, plenty of people fall for folks where there's no chance of a "happily ever after" (not that it's ever guaranteed). People fall in love with people who have life-limiting disabilities, heart conditions, cancer, etc. People fall in love with people in wheelchairs. People fall in love with physically unattractive people. People fall in love with "free spirits" and "starving artists" who will never have two nickles to rub together. Old, young, fat, thin, healthy, sick, able-bodied, disabled, rich or poor, people still somehow find each other and pair up, and love each other.

If you're skeeved at the thought of you, yourself, getting it on with Mick, that's fine. Clearly old rockers aren't your thing. But attraction's a funny thing. The same person who might make you think, "Ew! Never!" might make someone else think, "Oh, interesting!"

Just by way of comparison, I remember back when lots of women were getting all twitterpated over Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic. The thought of getting it on with him frankly skeeved ME. Ew. I like men, not hairless, barely-pubescent-looking, boy-men. But, I certainly didn't judge other women for finding him sexy. Each to their own.

And I'm happy to give the same benefit of the doubt to Mick's current wife former girlfriend. I hope they're both making made each other very happy, for whatever time they have together.:hippie:

Last edited:
Everyone has written about it and the people who they are writing about also say it, but that is just what they want you to believe, they aren't really like that?

Do you have some inside information that says that all the publicists and the people they are writing about are actually lying to get you to believe it?

OK, you are right.

Everything that is written about celebrities is always and absolutely true.

See, if I ever fell in love with a man significantly older than me (as opposed to just the six years older that my husband actually is), I think that would be the hardest part of it all...

Not the fellow's "naked body" (since it really IS entirely possible to love someone for more than just their naked body, and thank goodness for that), but the judgments people would make about me and my motives.

I already have a husband I love very much. But, I can definitely see the attraction in someone like Mick. He's intelligent. Interesting. Creative. He seems to have an excellent sense of humour. I'm sure if I ever met him, I'd find him entirely fascinating.

And yes, plenty of people fall for folks where there's no chance of a "happily ever after" (not that it's ever guaranteed). People fall in love with people who have life-limiting disabilities, heart conditions, cancer, etc. People fall in love with people in wheelchairs. People fall in love with physically unattractive people. People fall in love with "free spirits" and "starving artists" who will never have two nickles to rub together. Old, young, fat, thin, healthy, sick, able-bodied, disabled, rich or poor, people still somehow find each other and pair up, and love each other.

If you're skeeved at the thought of you, yourself, getting it on with Mick, that's fine. Clearly old rockers aren't your thing. But attraction's a funny thing. The same person who might make you think, "Ew! Never!" might make someone else think, "Oh, interesting!"

Just by way of comparison, I remember back when lots of women were getting all twitterpated over Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic. The thought of getting it on with him frankly skeeved ME. Ew. I like men, not hairless, barely-pubescent-looking, boy-men. But, I certainly didn't judge other women for finding him sexy. Each to their own.

And I'm happy to give the same benefit of the doubt to Mick's current wife. I hope they're both making each other very happy, for whatever time they have together.

You are right, everyone finds something different attractive. What I find sexy, someone else might not. And that is a good thing. For me, the thought of being with a man that is old enough to be my grandfather is gross. It's like, these grown woman who look at teen or young boys and find them good looking and lust after them. I'm thinking about how a lot of women were with the Twilight movie and those actors. It grossed me out because if I am old enough to be their mother, there is absolutely no way I can see them in any romantic or sexual way. Other women don't have a problem with this.

When I said "happily ever after" I wasn't referencing death. Trust me, I know that life is fragile and none of us are guaranteed a set number of years with a loved one or spouse. People die all the time, from accidents, disease, violence, etc. I was referencing his track record with woman. He doesn't really seem like the settling down and marrying type. As a matter of fact, he is no longer with this woman anyway. They were never married. Just dated for a bit, and she got pregnant. He is already hooked up with some other young 20 something year old ballerina, I believe.

Now, whether or not this woman hooked up with him for love, or lust or to get pregnant by him so that she could get a slice of his estate, we will never know. But there are plenty of woman out there with no morals who will happily sleep with what ever athlete, music star, actor or whomever has money just so that they can get pregnant, because it is a paycheck to them.

I don't know why but I find this so funny when in context of being attracted to elderly people.

And I'm happy to give the same benefit of the doubt to Mick's current wife. I hope they're both making each other very happy, for whatever time they have together.

I don't believe they are married. :-) He's still single.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter