Mick Jagger becomes dad again at age 73

Hopefully the child will be healthy - older men tend to have mutated sperm, causing genetic disorders and disabilities. There's research out there showing the link between a father's age and the child having autism.

I was reading that Ronnie Wood just had twins not long ago. For a bunch of old guys, they will be touring with a lot of nannies next time!

Yup. From the neck down, he is in great shape! And his father lived to 93!
It will be interesting to see how much affect drug use had. I doubt that his father was heavy into them, but, I could be wrong. It is going to be tough to say how bad drugs are to our kids even due to the fact that Keith Richards is still upright. How do we prove that they are bad for you. OD'ing yes, but, it doesn't seem to be a bad thing for those that don't OD.

Hopefully the child will be healthy - older men tend to have mutated sperm, causing genetic disorders and disabilities. There's research out there showing the link between a father's age and the child having autism.
Are you sure of that? Unlike women where every egg you will ever have is there at birth they age with the person, men produce new little tadpoles at an alarming rate. Brand new, not old stuff. If the glands are working properly, that shouldn't be a age related thing.

Are you sure of that? Unlike women where every egg you will ever have is there at birth they age with the person, men produce new little tadpoles at an alarming rate. Brand new, not old stuff. If the glands are working properly, that shouldn't be a age related thing.

This article from a few months ago talks about links between birth defects and not only the fathers age, but also his lifestyle.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160515183716.htm

I got to give it to him, but will say this if he wasnt rich and famous he might still be a virgin

Some years back, a local DJ asked listeners to call in with nominations for the ugliest people in rock: Rick Ocasek, Meatloaf, Lemmy, etc. Then, one caller wanted to know if he could nominate The Rolling Stones - ALL OF THEM. The DJ stopped taking calls after that one :worship:

Which means the cells that create those new sperm are old - more chance for mutations. Mutations occur when the DNA is being copied. "Aging" eggs do not mutate, as the DNA is already done.

Tony Randall had a baby at 70. He died at 75. He left behind a 5 year old child, who grew up without a father.

I think it is selfish to bring a baby into the world at that ridiculous age! Just because you can doesn't mean you should!

It will be interesting to see how much affect drug use had. I doubt that his father was heavy into them, but, I could be wrong. It is going to be tough to say how bad drugs are to our kids even due to the fact that Keith Richards is still upright. How do we prove that they are bad for you. OD'ing yes, but, it doesn't seem to be a bad thing for those that don't OD.

I'm pretty sure Mick's use was pretty limited. Not to say he never did anything, but a lot of that was hyped up and deliberately put out there to enhance the "bad boy" image.
Now Keith did everything he could get his hands on.

I'm pretty sure Mick's use was pretty limited. Not to say he never did anything, but a lot of that was hyped up and deliberately put out there to enhance the "bad boy" image.
Now Keith did everything he could get his hands on.
Oh, I think that Mick did more then his share. They all did in the late 60's. Mick was hardly an angel and if Keith was all messed up and Mick wrote songs with him... oh, yes... he was rolling stoned.

Oh, I think that Mick did more then his share. They all did in the late 60's. Mick was hardly an angel and if Keith was all messed up and Mick wrote songs with him... oh, yes... he was rolling stoned.

Maybe he just "didn't do a lot" by rock star standards. I'm guessing by average joe schmo standards he did a lot.

And I thought MY extended family had some weird stuff: My mother and two of her brothers are older than their aunt, and there's a cousin who was married 3 times before he was 30. The third marriage lasted quite a number of years, but when that ended he went back to live with but not remarry Wife #1. The last I heard he's with Wife #2 again.

Same here. My cousin (who had twins right after graduating high school) had her fourth child a few weeks after one of her twins (who was 18) had his first child. She was a grandmother and a mother in the same month. Granted, she was only 37 at the time.

I have read other studies, also that links fathers age with autism.
Yup, and some have linked it to vaccinations as well. In other words, just speculation. People work on getting their doctorates and spew forth different theories, back them up with what is probably slanted testing and statistics and publish it and the next thing you know afternoon and evening thundershowers are at fault for hang nails. Believe nothing that you read or hear and only half of what you actually see.

Yup, and some have linked it to vaccinations as well. In other words, just speculation. People work on getting their doctorates and spew forth different theories, back them up with what is probably slanted testing and statistics and publish it and the next thing you know afternoon and evening thundershowers are at fault for hang nails. Believe nothing that you read or hear and only half of what you actually see.

The vaccination study was found to be purposefully altered and thus invalid. The scientific process covers this, when done correctly. Results have to be repeatable. The vaccination study was not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter