May 2012 Car Rentals

Can someone please help me? I have tried to read through all of the info and I have to admit I am getting more and more confused. Looking for a standard to mid-size rental 5/11 - 5/23. What are the best discounts? Thanks! You guys are amazing at these codes!

If you're a Costco member you can get a midsize right now for $180.83 total. I got the same one from 5/18-5/31 for $140 total so your price might get better but I would book now to be safe. You can always cancel and rebook. Also, I would recheck daily!

www.costcotravel.com

Can someone please help me? I have tried to read through all of the info and I have to admit I am getting more and more confused. Looking for a standard to mid-size rental 5/11 - 5/23. What are the best discounts? Thanks! You guys are amazing at these codes!

Do you have a BJ's or Costco membership? Those seem to be the best rates.

Just to clarify, Alamo does not charge extra driver fee for a spouse? Right?:listen:

It totally depends on what code you use to book the car. Insiders members are allowed a free driver and some codes like Costco give a free add. driver.
In other words, Alamo does charge for an extra driver, but, some codes incude that free driver. You have to play with the codes.

We are picking up a fullsize from Alamo at MCO and was wondering what was in the full size row other than Impalas.(the similar car?)

I know gmeh1 has posted this in the past but I can't find it.

The Alamo base rate for my dates went up yesterday afternoon (we travel next week for 6 nights) from $95 midsize to $114 or so - then, this a.m. it went up to over $200!! Yikes. This afternoon, it is back down to $121; better, but I'm glad I booked several weeks ago when it was $82 all in.:goodvibes

I keep thinking it might drop again, and I would upgrade, but looks like not.

No I do not have a Costco membership. There is not one in my area. I do however have a Sams Club membership. Thank you to all who responded, I aooreciate your help!

We are renting a car for 2 days (picking up on May 17th at 9 am and returning at 5 pm on May 18th), using National. I used our Emerald Club membership and a free one car class upgrade coupon from my employer. The best that I could find for reserving a midsize (but getting a standard) was $93.63 (with all taxes and fees). This seems high when I see others getting a car for a week for less than that :confused3. Does anyone have any tips for getting a better deal? Thanks :)

We are renting a car for 2 days (picking up on May 17th at 9 am and returning at 5 pm on May 18th), using National. I used our Emerald Club membership and a free one car class upgrade coupon from my employer. The best that I could find for reserving a midsize (but getting a standard) was $93.63 (with all taxes and fees). This seems high when I see others getting a car for a week for less than that :confused3. Does anyone have any tips for getting a better deal? Thanks :)

Hi Kathy!!

Do you have a Costco membership? You can get an intermediate for $44 bucks total!!

It totally depends on what code you use to book the car. Insiders members are allowed a free driver and some codes like Costco give a free add. driver.
In other words, Alamo does charge for an extra driver, but, some codes incude that free driver. You have to play with the codes.

We usually rent from National so i'm alamo rusty;) but I thought that if you initially sign into your insider account and price out a reservation with the default code, you can then switch the corp code at will and still obtain the spouse free...you just need to stop at the counter and add them to reservation.popcorn::

2 days away and I'm still checking rates. Rates for our trip next week 5/5-5/13 have fallen on 2 vehicles. Premium car $128 and Midsize SUV $130.(both those rates are total with taxes.)

We have a full size car that we booked a couple weeks back for $(98) so we probably won't change, but I thought those were good rates.

Use your Alamo ID and ad2359fdf for a coupon code.

2 days away and I'm still checking rates. Rates for our trip next week 5/5-5/13 have fallen on 2 vehicles. Premium car $128 and Midsize SUV $130.(both those rates are total with taxes.)

We have a full size car that we booked a couple weeks back for $(98) so we probably won't change, but I thought those were good rates.

I am officially hooked on checking rental rates:stir::lmao:

Thanks, I checked my rates after reading your post and for Sanford Alamo, it's now down to $98 for a fullsize for a week.

I used AMEX code 7014291 and coupon code AD2359FDF

:cool1::cool1:

We usually rent from National so i'm alamo rusty;) but I thought that if you initially sign into your insider account and price out a reservation with the default code, you can then switch the corp code at will and still obtain the spouse free...you just need to stop at the counter and add them to reservation.popcorn::

It will all depend on the code you used, sometimes it will drop the free add. driver, but, according to my managers, you are entitled to a free driver as an INsider's member. You can add them at the kiosk or exit booth.

It will all depend on the code you used, sometimes it will drop the free add. driver, but, according to my managers, you are entitled to a free driver as an INsider's member. You can add them at the kiosk or exit booth.

Ok so I add dh at kiosk? I am a insider member. We usually use budget and spouses are automatically covered (I think). I want to do the online check in and kiosk for Alamo.:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter