May 2012 Car Rentals

It will all depend on the code you used, sometimes it will drop the free add. driver, but, according to my managers, you are entitled to a free driver as an INsider's member. You can add them at the kiosk or exit booth.

even better, i thought you had to stop at counter in terminal, thank you:thumbsup2

Ok so I add dh at kiosk? I am a insider member. We usually use budget and spouses are automatically covered (I think). I want to do the online check in and kiosk for Alamo.:surfweb:

You can add the driver at the kiosk, counter or exit booth.

Nothing is automatic, as in adding a spouse. Unless that name is listed as an authorized driver on that contract, that person is NOT authorized to drive that vehicle. If stopped, the police/trooper is NOT going to accept, oh, he was automatically added or I was told he was automatically added. Get it in writing with that add's name on that contract and keep the contract in the car, it will do you no good in your hotel room. It is the registration/authorization for that vehicle.

Just a quick price update. I booked on Wednesday with Alamo using Insider code and Visa $30 off coupon and was able to snag a premium car for 5/26-6/2 for $167.00 total.

The past 2 days, using the same codes, the cheapest I've seen a premium care is $239.00 and I could only get a full-size for $156.

Hopefully prices start tumbling soon. But, I'm still happy with the premium car (never rented one before).

Just a quick price update. I booked on Wednesday with Alamo using Insider code and Visa $30 off coupon and was able to snag a premium car for 5/26-6/2 for $167.00 total.

The past 2 days, using the same codes, the cheapest I've seen a premium care is $239.00 and I could only get a full-size for $156.

Hopefully prices start tumbling soon. But, I'm still happy with the premium car (never rented one before).

Keep in mind, Premium does not mean bigger. It means there may be a few extra "nicities" in it. Personally, I would save the 11.00 and go with the full size.

Keep in mind, Premium does not mean bigger. It means there may be a few extra "nicities" in it. Personally, I would save the 11.00 and go with the full size.

We don't necessarily need the bigger, it's just me and my wife. We just wanted something a little more comfortable. And I don't want to get stuck with an Impala. I was kind of looking forward to a Taurus or seeing what else might be on the premium aisle that day.

Has anyone seen anything lower than $20 per day for a minivan in May? That is the lowest I have seen so far, and wondering if it might go down any more.

We don't necessarily need the bigger, it's just me and my wife. We just wanted something a little more comfortable. And I don't want to get stuck with an Impala. I was kind of looking forward to a Taurus or seeing what else might be on the premium aisle that day.

Think Maxima, Chysler 300, Crown Vics, Grand Marqs and maybe a Taurus.

Think Maxima, Chysler 300, Crown Vics, Grand Marqs and maybe a Taurus.

Oh, then maybe I will save the money and drop down to the full size. Other than the dreaded impalas, what could I expect to find on the full size aisle?

And thanks for your help!!:worship:

Oh, then maybe I will save the money and drop down to the full size. Other than the dreaded impalas, what could I expect to find on the full size aisle?

And thanks for your help!!:worship:

Glad to help. Personally, I like the Impalas, good steady car, but, that is my preference. Malibu, Fusion, Camry, Altima, Galant, Mazda 6, Charger, Sonata and the dreaded Impala are what I have listed as Full size. Please note, we cannot guarantee the make of the car, only that you will have a choice of full size cars. Save yourself even more, perhaps, by going with a Standard car. We don't have a Standard section, so you will select from Full size. ;)

Glad to help. Personally, I like the Impalas, good steady car, but, that is my preference. Malibu, Fusion, Camry, Altima, Galant, Mazda 6, Charger, Sonata and the dreaded Impala are what I have listed as Full size. Please note, we cannot guarantee the make of the car, only that you will have a choice of full size cars. Save yourself even more, perhaps, by going with a Standard car. We don't have a Standard section, so you will select from Full size. ;)

Gmeh1 which rental company are you referring to with no standard cars? I have a full size booked with Alamo and if I can get a full with a standard rate I will do that.:wizard: thx

Gmeh1 which rental company are you referring to with no standard cars? I have a full size booked with Alamo and if I can get a full with a standard rate I will do that.:wizard: thx[/QUOTe

I am referring to Alamo (and National also at MCO).

You can get a Premium with Budget for $151 or $154 with Alamo inc taxes.
http://www.costcotravel.com/#11_rentalCars

3 days ago, i booked a midsize car from MCO for 9 days for $100 through expedia.ca!!! (including all taxes and fees)
The car rental company is Dollar. Our dates are from May18 AM to MAY26 PM
Booking through Dollar directly was WAY more expensive! I cant beleive what a good deal i got on Expedia! :goodvibes

Looks lke the rates I got 3 weeks ago are the best. Nothing new has shown up. With a little over a week to go, we'll see if there are any more reductions.

Nothing has moved for mine...best rate I got was over a month ago.
$246 for a minivan for 12 days...our best rate ever BTW :)

I am officially done checking Alama rates multiple times in a day..leaving in the morning for our trip!!

Thanks for everyones help...you helped me save over $300 with a little knowledge about how car rentals work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter