May 2012 Car Rentals

Sorry! If I had noticed you didn't get an answer, I would have posted.:blush: Way to go with the discount! I assumed you entered the AA code of AD2359FDF, right? (just checking :) ) I have been combining it with the AA corp ID of 7014136, or my Insider's ID.:thumbsup2

Yes, this what I used:thumbsup2

I've got 2 reservations right now with Alamo for 5/4-5/13 for an economy for $108 and a intermediate for $120 for 9 days.... not sure which I should keep just 2 adults. I learned a very important fact this trip Alamo gives annual passholders an additional 20% off discount!!!:cool1: stack a corporote id and a alamo insiders code and you are golden!!!

Just jumping in...but are the AA coupon code and corp ID good for anyone to use?? I have an amazing rate (Alamo, economy, 5 days, $59) and these codes can drop it another $7!!
Thanks for posting

Just jumping in...but are the AA coupon code and corp ID good for anyone to use?? I have an amazing rate (Alamo, economy, 5 days, $59) and these codes can drop it another $7!!
Thanks for posting

I'm pretty sure anyone can use them.... I've never been asked for anythingand usually use the kiosk at the airport.:)

Hi Kat,
I didn't think you were able to stack the Insiders code with any other ones. I understood it was one code and one coupon . Does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks:thumbsup2

The AA card id free to signup for on their website just to be on the safe side!

WOW!! :yay::yay:

If you're a Costco member, run, don't walk to their website! Their prices for my week (5/12-18) have just dropped through the floor. I just rented a compact for $63.25, taxes included!! (I included the AA coupon too; I'm a member of both.)

I only need a compact but prices for all types of cars, from all the companies they participate with have dropped.

Thanks for posting

The AA card id free to signup for on their website just to be on the safe side!

As kat said, anyone can use them - but I agree with rdsx28, I would be sure to go to American Airlines website and join AAdvantage, if you aren't a member. We are rarely asked for membership cards, but it does happen.

I would book the rental first, no point in joining and then missing the discount.:)

Hi Kat,
I didn't think you were able to stack the Insiders code with any other ones. I understood it was one code and one coupon . Does anyone know if this is the case? Thanks:thumbsup2

This has always been my understanding as well. Maybe gmeh1 will be along to clarify.

I've got 2 reservations right now with Alamo for 5/4-5/13 for an economy for $108 and a intermediate for $120 for 9 days.... not sure which I should keep just 2 adults. I learned a very important fact this trip Alamo gives annual passholders an additional 20% off discount!!!:cool1: stack a corporote id and a alamo insiders code and you are golden!!!

Oh please explain this to me, I have an AP but didn't know a thing about the 20% and how do I stack?

Was just going to ask if they ask for you to show the AA card. According to the website it takes 4-6 weeks to get the card. I leave for our cruise in 3 weeks! For the $7 savings doesn't seem worth a risk to have problems.

I found the code on the AP site and used that with my insider and the AA code and got a full size car 1 May - 8 May for $95 taxes, fees, everything.

I am going to cancel my mini van and save the $100. The SN stroller will fit in this truck which was what we worried about.

Thanks for this great board and the information. I will use my yellow tags on my luggage and got a great deal on the car.

As kat said, anyone can use them - but I agree with rdsx28, I would be sure to go to American Airlines website and join AAdvantage, if you aren't a member. We are rarely asked for membership cards, but it does happen.

I would book the rental first, no point in joining and then missing the discount.:)

This has always been my understanding as well. Maybe gmeh1 will be along to clarify.

I am thinking that people are mixing up corporate codes, rate codes and coupon codes. There are only so many boxes in that field. Your ID/Corp Id, your Membership Id, Rate Product Code and Your coupon code.
If you leave your Insiders Id and add say a AA membership Id and any coupon code, it is going to default to an Insider's rate with any coupon deducted. The ID/Corp Id box is what "decides" the rate. You can add anything you want to the Membership and Product code boxes and it will still default to the Insider rate, it will take the coupon code and deduct that. The page that breaks down the cost of the reservation will let you know what programs you are using. IE: if you use the Alaska airlines Member ID, it will say Alaska airlines on the Contract Id line.

Thought I had a great ALAMO rate of $244 from last month through VISA. Just got a new rate for 5/4-12 Standard SUV $220 all in. Using Insiders ID and AA coupon AD2359FDF.

Minivans & Crossovers are the same $220.

Was just going to ask if they ask for you to show the AA card. According to the website it takes 4-6 weeks to get the card. I leave for our cruise in 3 weeks! For the $7 savings doesn't seem worth a risk to have problems.

You should get a number you can print out as a temporary card - we did, but it has been several years. In fact, that print out is all I have, if we got the actual card it got lost!

I am thinking that people are mixing up corporate codes, rate codes and coupon codes. There are only so many boxes in that field. Your ID/Corp Id, your Membership Id, Rate Product Code and Your coupon code.
If you leave your Insiders Id and add say a AA membership Id and any coupon code, it is going to default to an Insider's rate with any coupon deducted. The ID/Corp Id box is what "decides" the rate. You can add anything you want to the Membership and Product code boxes and it will still default to the Insider rate, it will take the coupon code and deduct that. The page that breaks down the cost of the reservation will let you know what programs you are using. IE: if you use the Alaska airlines Member ID, it will say Alaska airlines on the Contract Id line.

I thought this might be the case, someone earlier in the thread got mixed up about corp ID and membership ID, coupon code, etc. Thanks for the clarification - great info, as always!:goodvibes

Thought I'd post - Alamo rates for the second week of May are moving again! Went down $10 in the last hour! Not yet down to the $82 for 6 days midsize I booked a couple weeks ago, but in the low $90s.:thumbsup2

wings91 - I see you posted about this for SUV, great rate!

Thought I'd post - Alamo rates for the second week of May are moving again! Went down $10 in the last hour! Not yet down to the $82 for 6 days midsize I booked a couple weeks ago, but in the low $90s.:thumbsup2

wings91 - I see you posted about this for SUV, great rate!

Do you all start a new ressie each time or modify your current ressie to check for price drops? Thx:surfweb:

Do you all start a new ressie each time or modify your current ressie to check for price drops? Thx:surfweb:

I start a new one each time - not sure if the new rate shows up in a modified? Maybe someone else will know. I book again, and cancel the old one when I get the confirmation.:)

I found that at least on Alamo, you should start a new ressie. I had been modifying my current one and while the price would be correct on the page listing all of the types of vehicles, the total would NOT be correct.

I just had a huge price drop for a 2 day picking up at MCO and dropping off at Dolphin. I couldn't get less than $175 from Alamo for any size. Just last night I tried again and got $44! BUT if I modified my current ressie, it showed the $44 for the car on the one page, but on the totals page it said $187! So I did a new one and got the $44 rate, then cancelled my original ressie.

Dropped Budget ressie and I'm goin with Alamo which just dropped again!! Couple bucks but I'll take it ;)

Used Entertainment codes for total f $46.70 with taxes for 3 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter