May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my firstborn daughter when she was just four. She was here one day and gone the next. So many things I wish we had done together and places we had gone together. Now I do not put off anything I can do today with my kids such as this cruise. Hence my name I am all about Making_Memories.

I'm so sorry, how difficult that time must have been.

It changed last summer sometime I believe. It is now 12 midnignt Eastern time.

I had to get up and be ready for 5am when I booked our resrvations for our Dec cruise. Then the site wouldn't let me!!:mad: Said I hadn't paid in full. Went back to bed a little upset and later that morning I tried again and it was ok. someone told me i should have logged out and back in again, but really how are you supposed to know?

I'm hoping things are ok this time. At least i am at 90 days and not 75 like then, plus there are more days and sea days for brunch.

Same thing happened to us for our Dec cruise. I emailed DU and got an immediate response (yes at Midnight eastern time!) to try again. I guess it was just taking the system a few minutes to boot up or something. :confused3 I tried again and got it all set up.

:rotfl2: I WISH it were Johnny Depp! You all would see me magically disappear for a while! :rotfl:

P1000342.jpg

Bobby has arrived safely in Lansing, MI and is handling the single digit temps quite well.

You had me going for awhile Holly, then :lmao:

Doug I love this idea. I also have pages, would love a copy of the file once you are done. Anything to have less cutting, lol.

PJ

I have Pages too!

Oh John1....I have a job for you :) So, in class this am we were discussing our costume choices for recital and since we are dancing to a country song we are doing jeans with colored tops. Our teacher decided that we should bedazzle our jeans along the side to make everything more sparkly on stage. No one in the group could understand why the discussion of adding rhinestones to our jeans would make me laugh so much. I couldn't really explain the bedazzled conversations here so I left it alone. So, I may actually need to buy one now! John, you still up for custom bedazzle orders?! :lmao:

I only do panties, bras, and boxers. :rotfl2:

Time to go home!

Have fun hitting 48K everybody.

pirate: pirate: pirate: :rotfl2:

Amy and I will be out on the town!

When the show was over I loved Miley singing with her dad
MileysingswithBillyRay.jpg

We all sang Happy Birthday to my daughter in our suite and ate cake
Stillsinging.jpg

She said it was the best night of her whole life. She was so excited and so happy I felt like crying. :cloud9: I have this picture of her framed in my room and when she looks at it she always says it was from "the best day ever" :lovestruc People said I was nuts for taking 20 of us and going all out but really she was so overjoyed I would do it again in a instant.
Outsidebeforetheconcertresized.jpg

I lost my firstborn daughter when she was just four. She was here one day and gone the next. So many things I wish we had done together and places we had gone together. Now I do not put off anything I can do today with my kids such as this cruise. Hence my name I am all about Making_Memories.

My only mission in life is to make sure my children will always remember mom was fun, we did big things together mom and I, and she loves me more then anything in the whole world.

So sorry to hear of you losing a child. I can't even think of what that pain must be like.

I totally agree with your life plan, life it to the fullest. I'm also known for going OVERBOARD with my kids and parties and such, but I think it's just too short of a time we get with them so enjoy it all while we can.

The HM pictures are so great. I wish I could have gone with Molly, she was luckily invited to join a friend, so it saved me trying to get those crazy tickets. Did you go the concert in Oakland? Molly saw her at the HP Arena SJ.

Hi Everyone from Sunny Sydney Australia!!

This is my first post, and just wanted to say that we are coming along on this cruise too! 22 hours to get to Orlando and it will be worth every moment!!

My husband (DH 42) , myself and our 6 year old daughter will be there - Cat 4 - anyone else?

AND we are getting married again (a late 10th anniversary thing) whilst on board!!

AND it will be my 39th birthday on the 3rd last day as well

All in all, a big trip for us

Look forward to meeting with people on board!!

Take Care
Leanne
:banana: :yay:

Welcome Aboard Leanne!! My kids want to move to Australia!! Would you like a few extra teenagers??

We did a Med cruise last year that was all the celebrations!! So much fun!!

party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1: party: :jumping1:
: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Off to drive home, got onto the subway this morning and it was broken. Had to go back up and drive into the city. Ticked me off becuase I had already paid my fare and parking and they do not give that back, they expect you to wait til it is fixed or use the shuttle buses which never end up coming, so all you do is huddle in the cold waiting on a bus that never arrives.

PJ

OK and before my daughter catches a peek of her pics on here and none of her brother here is my son at his birthday party.
DominicsFourthBirthdayParty.jpg

Here he is putting on a song and dance routine in the ladies bathroom on Castaway in 2006. He was so happy on that cruise he never walked, he just skipped or danced the whole dang time! He still plays his "mickey guitar" when we go to the beach to this day.
November2006trip273.jpg

Ok so it is your turn people! I wanna see pictures!!!!!

Your son is a cutie as well.

Boys are great fun & I LOVEEEE mine, but having a daughter has been the icing on my cake of life.

Thanks Kelly. Today I was just waiting for a return phone call from the pediatrician's office to see whether she wants to see Tyler or if we should go directly to our neurologist. The pediatrician wants to see him first, but she's on vacation and won't be back until a week from Monday, so that's when our appointment is.

I didn't see either of those. But he must have been well known because he was the talk everywhere I went today. Sad.

Welcome, Dave! We've seen pictures of you and Allison & Deborah has told us about you both too. Looking forward to meeting you both! :goodvibes

Hi Hollytyler

OMG! you have seen our pictures!....I wonder which ones deborah has shown you!....hope it was good ones!...i am slowly learning to navigate around this website!....it can be very slow loading up or is it my overloaded laptop!!!......there is so many lines to read that it taken me 2 hours to go back to my 1st post! LOL.
Many thanks to all who have welcomed us aboard and looking forward to meeting you as well.:cheer2:

Well, I spent the day printing and deleting PMs for all the various lists and then I added more names to the master list and for today I am now listed out and will take a break. I didn't get as much done as I had hoped because the DIS was so slow and I needed to do the printouts first. It took forever! But we're up to 89 DISnames on the list with plenty more to add. That's not a count by person, just DISname. I can't work on it tomorrow coz it's bill paying day, but I'll get back to it next week and hopefully get it finished then. YEA!

I took a break and did some more treadmill and ballet barre work. I feel really great when I do that. I've got to keep it up. I don't feel like I have lost any more weight. I feel heavy and bloated.....even though I'm sticking to the diet food and exercising. I think we have to wait a little longer for the metobolism to come back to normal. In the meantime, I'll keep at it and eventually, I'll have to lose something. Thank goodness I have three more months. I'm going to need the time.

Well done on the lists Deb. So, at the moment that is 89 cabins, basically. I mean most couples/families only have one Disname. We're a big group.

You are going to reap the benefits of the diet, exerciswe and of course the stopping smoking, but it is hard for you at the moment. You can achieve a lot in 3 months Deb - keep going.:hug:

Signing off now till Monday night(here) or Tuesday morning. Have a good weekend all.

My only mission in life is to make sure my children will always remember mom was fun, we did big things together mom and I, and she loves me more then anything in the whole world.

Okay, I really like your style. I am so sorry about your daughter....I truly understand as I lost my sister when we were kids. I have always thought and worried about losing one of my children after what happened to my sister. So many of my friends say I spoil my kids....but they are happy and healthy and well adjusted.

I am the light of Daniel's (my DS18 who is sailing with me on this cruise) eyes. Everyone says he will never get married as I have ruined him.....:lmao: :lmao:

Well done on the lists Deb. So, at the moment that is 89 cabins, basically. I mean most couples/families only have one Disname. We're a big group.

You are going to reap the benefits of the diet, exerciswe and of course the stopping smoking, but it is hard for you at the moment. You can achieve a lot in 3 months Deb - keep going.:hug:

Signing off now till Monday night(here) or Tuesday morning. Have a good weekend all.

Have a great week-end!

Some people have more than one cabin.

I will keep it going.

Have a great weekend in Northern Ireland Marilyn.....enjoy your time with the family. We'll miss you and see you on Monday. Stay safe.

V, are you at work? Is it quiet?:lmao:

Wow, they are so comfy(ugly yes). I have pair I use as slippers which I take to WDW to wear there around the resort though I wouldn't go to the parks in them.
When I get home here from a shopping trip or longish walk and my feet ache, I can't wait to get in my crocs - like walking on air.

Now is the time.;)

Mmmm, Monica, what do you think???

Yes, about the crocs. I love, and I don't care what anybody thinks about what they look like on my feet. :rotfl: I worked a 12 hour yesterday, with no sit down time, no lunch, no breaks, etc. AND my feet are absolutely wonderful. I don't know how they do it. I too, wore Dr. Scholls, but these are 200% better. YES !!!:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter