May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh John1....I have a job for you :) So, in class this am we were discussing our costume choices for recital and since we are dancing to a country song we are doing jeans with colored tops. Our teacher decided that we should bedazzle our jeans along the side to make everything more sparkly on stage. No one in the group could understand why the discussion of adding rhinestones to our jeans would make me laugh so much. I couldn't really explain the bedazzled conversations here so I left it alone. So, I may actually need to buy one now! John, you still up for custom bedazzle orders?! :lmao:

Holly,

I am really curious to see how this pans out, for future reference! I am tentatively joining the dating world again and find it really hard to know what to do.

Thanks!

Jolene
Well, it hasn't worked out so well up to this point because most guys haven't been willing to only date on the nights my son is at his dad's house every week. So I keep trying. Problem is it's hard to find time to meet guys. I'm doing a speed dating event a week from tomorrow and can't wait! I LOVE doing those! Lots of fun if you're somebody who likes to talk, and we all know that suits me!

hope you are doing well...I bet it's cold where you are!

Yes it's cold, -30 wind chill today! When we came back last winter, my 2 year old learned a new word "Cold, cold, cold Mommy!" We didn't get that in Australia.

What's it like in sunny Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahrumpgirl
PJ,

Have been playing with doing name tags on my MAC and using "Pages" and have it setup to do two tags (printing on both sides) on one 4" x 6" plain file card. That results in minimum cutting. (2 cuts on the slide cutter.) This works out well only as long as we are using the 4 1/2"x 3" tag holder.

Doug

Doug I love this idea. I also have pages, would love a copy of the file once you are done. Anything to have less cutting, lol.

PJ

Hey Doug, Here is the stats for sizing - will that work on your mac? This is the exact size of the ones Ken made. So, we know it works.

Hang Type Badge Holder
Max card: 2-3/4"w x 3-7/8"h, 100ct

Holly, glad to hear Bobby made it safe and sound! Looks like he is a pretty good traveler without having much jet lag:lmao: Bet Tyler is going to be so excited to see him!

what a shame, how old is she?
She's 12. I guess the mom couldn't handle the drama of thta age and they kept getting into huge fights (the mom and daughter) until one day, she packed up the daughter, dropped her off at her dad's with all of her clothes & belongings and said, "I give up...she's living with you now." :sad2: He says he's been spending lots of extra time with his daughter because she's really upset over the situation. Understandibly. The mom is German and supposedly has a really big temper and is very strict. I remember meeting her one time all those years ago and remember thinking she didn't seem very nice. I even met their daughter when she was a baby because I remember him carrying her into Subway in her car seat carrier and putting the car seat on a table. I was nervous that she'd get knocked off on accident!

Well, it hasn't worked out so well up to this point because most guys haven't been willing to only date on the nights my son is at his dad's house every week. So I keep trying. Problem is it's hard to find time to meet guys. I'm doing a speed dating event a week from tomorrow and can't wait! I LOVE doing those! Lots of fun if you're somebody who likes to talk, and we all know that suits me!

What is a speed dating event? :confused3 It sounds interesting. . .

I must admit, I've tried the online dating thing. Nothing exciting to write about. Lots of guys on there but also lots of ones you want to avoid.

Oh John1....I have a job for you :) So, in class this am we were discussing our costume choices for recital and since we are dancing to a country song we are doing jeans with colored tops. Our teacher decided that we should bedazzle our jeans along the side to make everything more sparkly on stage. No one in the group could understand why the discussion of adding rhinestones to our jeans would make me laugh so much. I couldn't really explain the bedazzled conversations here so I left it alone. So, I may actually need to buy one now! John, you still up for custom bedazzle orders?! :lmao:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Or he can put Sophia to work!! That will keep her busy!

Holly, glad to hear Bobby made it safe and sound! Looks like he is a pretty good traveler without having much jet lag:lmao: Bet Tyler is going to be so excited to see him!
Oh, he'll be very excited! He asked me a couple days ago if he can take Bobby to school one day. I'm sure his teacher would NOT appreciate the distraction, so I told him I'd bring him one day when I pick him up from school. :thumbsup2

She's 12. I guess the mom couldn't handle the drama of thta age and they kept getting into huge fights (the mom and daughter) until one day, she packed up the daughter, dropped her off at her dad's with all of her clothes & belongings and said, "I give up...she's living with you now." :sad2: He says he's been spending lots of extra time with his daughter because she's really upset over the situation. Understandibly. The mom is German and supposedly has a really big temper and is very strict. I remember meeting her one time all those years ago and remember thinking she didn't seem very nice. I even met their daughter when she was a baby because I remember him carrying her into Subway in her car seat carrier and putting the car seat on a table. I was nervous that she'd get knocked off on accident!

Not very romanic, but what about them both coming up and doing pizza and a movie or bowling or something the kids would like? At least you would get to see him!

What is a speed dating event? :confused3 It sounds interesting. . .

I must admit, I've tried the online dating thing. Nothing exciting to write about. Lots of guys on there but also lots of ones you want to avoid.
Speed dating is an organized event where you have a few minutes to talk briefly with 12 men and you each write on a score card whether you want to hear from the other person. Here's info I copied & pasted from their website:

Cupid.com/PreDating speed dating parties are a fun, no pressure way to meet lots of potential dates. With six-minute "pre-dates" you personally meet up to twelve single professionals and see if your chemistry is right. If it is, you privately check YES on your scorecard saying you want to get to know the person better. There's no uncomfortable rejection (giving or receiving) with this new way to speed date. Get the skinny on exactly what a Cupid.com/PreDating Party is.
With parties held in over 103 cities throughout the United States and Canada, you'll find a speed dating party near you. Reservations are limited and parties fill up quickly.
Sign up to Get Notified about events in your area and be one of the first to know - before an event sells out!

Not very romanic, but what about them both coming up and doing pizza and a movie or bowling or something the kids would like? At least you would get to see him!
Maybe. Not sure. Bowling might be good. I've never had Tyler meet anybody I dated or wanted to date. Not sure about that.

dinner:
Chicken Lasagna Roll-Ups

6 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 pkg. (6 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Italian Style Chicken Breast Strips
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Ricotta Cheese
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cups spaghetti sauce
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella
Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Cook noodles as directed on package. Rinse with cold water; drain well

MIX chicken, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg and seasoning; spread 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto each noodle. Roll up tightly; place, seam sides down, in 9-inch square baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over roll-ups; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.

BAKE 30 minutes or until heated through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahrumpgirl
PJ,

Have been playing with doing name tags on my MAC and using "Pages" and have it setup to do two tags (printing on both sides) on one 4" x 6" plain file card. That results in minimum cutting. (2 cuts on the slide cutter.) This works out well only as long as we are using the 4 1/2"x 3" tag holder.

Doug

Doug I love this idea. I also have pages, would love a copy of the file once you are done. Anything to have less cutting, lol.

PJ

Hey Doug, Here is the stats for sizing - will that work on your mac? This is the exact size of the ones Ken made. So, we know it works.

Hang Type Badge Holder
Max card: 2-3/4"w x 3-7/8"h, 100ct

That is perfect.:thumbsup2 These are the same size as the ones Ken used on the 11Nite S/C cruise. Those are the inside dimensions and they are the perfect size to hold the KTTW card too

Doug

I am itching to get out of here. It sure feels like Friday. Everyone is walking around chatting, not doing anything...the bosses are out....!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter