May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Holly here's some info on the rebates. I'm not sure if it applies to you, but you might get more.

Information from the New York Times, Washington Post and Associated Press was used in this report.

Just where do you fit in? How Americans in different financial situations would fare under the proposed rebate plan.

An individual with $2,500 in earned income in 2007: Disqualified because income fell below the $3,000 threshold. No rebate.

A married couple with no children, with adjusted gross income of $100,000 in 2007: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples. A $1,200 rebate.

A worker with one child, who earned $9,000 and owed no taxes in 2007: Would qualify for the $300 rebate available to individuals who pay no taxes but earned at least $3,000, plus an additional $300 for the child. A $600 rebate.

A couple with income of $145,000 in 2007, with three children: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples, plus $300 for each child. A $2,100 rebate.

A couple with income of $160,000 in 2007 with two children: Would qualify for a partial rebate, reduced by $50 for every $1,000 in income above the $150,000 threshold. An $1,800 rebate -- $1,200 for the couple plus $300 per child -- would go down by $500 for this family. A $1,300 rebate.

A couple with income of $200,000 and four children: Disqualified because their income exceeded $174,000, the phase-out limit. No rebate.
An individual with adjusted gross income of $23,000 and no dependents: $600 rebate.

A couple with adjusted gross income of $184,000 and two children: $100 rebate.

Hi Cork.....just a note, when they say couple they mean a working couple, so for me and John it would be the individual category because I don't work. Just wanted to point that out, it may apply to some others here.

Holly, if you take Tyler as a dependent this year, you'll get $600.

I spoke with DCL and we are still linked with Noel. I may go ahead and try to book our Palo times just in case, something falls through. DCL said Noel was still booked to cruise.

Yes...everyone who signed up for a group meal should still go ahead and book something for themselves IN CASE the group dining request does not go through. They do NOT go on first come first serve, they look special celebrations and consider concierge requests too. I don't really think there will be a problem for this longer cruise though. Anyway, if/when it goes through DCL will cancel your individual booking for that meal type.

So everybody books Palo first.....Ohhhhh, I see why there's so few choices left for me when I go to book.....or none at all.

So the booking order is :

Palo, excursions, spas

I'm learning.

Hello Deb

Look like everybody keen on Palo first :eek:

Oh well, I am not bother if none left as there is alway on the ship when arrive on first day, go up to Palo and if any left. Sometime check on my disney everyday after 90 days.

Like my mil & fil last mins booking and they got it fine last year (med.)

We have not decide about excursions well apart from PV.

One more :

I am still thinking what to write to school again. I hope Ian's friend write a letter for me tom.

Have a nice day

Scottishwee35

Well oldest DD is on her way. We are going to the Mall.

Youngest DD is leaving for a Photography class in Utah the day we return from the PC cruise. She'll need luggage since we'll have most of it. :lmao:

Take care all.

Cork

yep, I need Palo Brunch, Palo Dinner and other than that I don't think I am booking DCL excursions! Yikes!

V...aren't you going to do the ziptour with Lisa (Liserann) and I????:cool1:
Speaking of ziptours, is anyone else doing the Outdoor Adventure in PV? (not the canopy adventure)

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The other lawyer I used to work for here left our firm and went to the firm where the guys I just applied to recently left from. I e-mailed him this morning and asked him if I could use him as a resume (I already knew I could because we’ve stayed in touch as friends) and his response was, “What’s their contact info?” I gave it to him and he told me HE’S going to call THEM (because he knows them) and say, “Hey, my former secretary faxed her resume to you this morning and I think you should really take a look at it and consider her”, etc. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

Sounds great Holly...can't wait to read the post that you got an interview!:cool1:

My name is Monica and I'm a DIS-aholic. It's been about 10 hrs since my last log in :goodvibes

Thanks for starting this mini-thread....I know I would not have made it all day w/o hearing from you guys.

Holly - great news! Keeping fingers crossed here too. Prayers going up. Bobby looked like he was having fun at your get together last night :)

SNUBA in Aruba - any one other than Jackie thinking about joining me?? If we get a bunch, not sure if the company would give us a discount.

My priorities at 90 days - Palo dinner, Palo brunch, Palo tea
excursions - thinking of the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure, and parasailing on CC, Horseback riding in ACA (Nan, is Molly going to be joining me? we'll need to coordinate times), the Canopy Adventure in PVR, and the Harbor Cruise and Scenic drive in Cabo.

Oh, OK...thanks! Never heard of celebrating that. Cool! :goodvibes
:lmao:

Hey, Everyone excited or what! I sure am, more so then I was last year.
Disney Wonder 4nights and 3 nights land 2007
Hope to meet some people before the big day.
Welcome!

Speaking of ziptours, is anyone else doing the Outdoor Adventure in PV? (not the canopy adventure)

what is the right excursion name to book?

I have already booked the sea lions at 11am on my own so they must have a separate show for DCL. Our cost was $49 each but we have to pay for the cab which should be about $30rt. We can stay in the park and enjoy the other things they have such as the bird show and all the water activities. If we had not already done the dolphins we would do them too. We have to pay for lunch ourselves but that's ok. the park opens at 10am which we hope to be there then and we will leave around 3pm leaving plenty of time to get to the ship.

By the time you go on this cruise, you'll already be working on your new job and making lots more money. YEA! Does the new place have any kind of benefits for you? Maybe tuition reimbursement??? How about paid days off?

Make sure that they know the cruise is booked and paid for so you need to have those days off.

Hey Holly here's some info on the rebates. I'm not sure if it applies to you, but you might get more.

Information from the New York Times, Washington Post and Associated Press was used in this report.

Just where do you fit in? How Americans in different financial situations would fare under the proposed rebate plan.

An individual with $2,500 in earned income in 2007: Disqualified because income fell below the $3,000 threshold. No rebate.

A married couple with no children, with adjusted gross income of $100,000 in 2007: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples. A $1,200 rebate.

A worker with one child, who earned $9,000 and owed no taxes in 2007: Would qualify for the $300 rebate available to individuals who pay no taxes but earned at least $3,000, plus an additional $300 for the child. A $600 rebate.

A couple with income of $145,000 in 2007, with three children: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples, plus $300 for each child. A $2,100 rebate.

A couple with income of $160,000 in 2007 with two children: Would qualify for a partial rebate, reduced by $50 for every $1,000 in income above the $150,000 threshold. An $1,800 rebate -- $1,200 for the couple plus $300 per child -- would go down by $500 for this family. A $1,300 rebate.

A couple with income of $200,000 and four children: Disqualified because their income exceeded $174,000, the phase-out limit. No rebate.
An individual with adjusted gross income of $23,000 and no dependents: $600 rebate.

A couple with adjusted gross income of $184,000 and two children: $100 rebate.

Cork - how about a single person, no kids, making over the $3000 threshold?

My priorities at 90 days - Palo dinner, Palo brunch, Palo tea
excursions - thinking of the Seahorse Catamaran Snorkel Adventure, and parasailing on CC, Horseback riding in ACA (Nan, is Molly going to be joining me? we'll need to coordinate times), the Canopy Adventure in PVR, and the Harbor Cruise and Scenic drive in Cabo.

Monica :lmao: :lmao: Welcome!...take a peak at the Outdoor Adventure one too...just a bit more to do on it. I think it was 15.00 more. The guy I spoke with from the company said it was his favorite tour.

:lmao:

what is the right excursion name to book?

Outdoor Adventure

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The other lawyer I used to work for here left our firm and went to the firm where the guys I just applied to recently left from. I e-mailed him this morning and asked him if I could use him as a resume (I already knew I could because we’ve stayed in touch as friends) and his response was, “What’s their contact info?” I gave it to him and he told me HE’S going to call THEM (because he knows them) and say, “Hey, my former secretary faxed her resume to you this morning and I think you should really take a look at it and consider her”, etc. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

I'd call that WAY COOL! :cool1:

So everybody books Palo first.....Ohhhhh, I see why there's so few choices left for me when I go to book.....or none at all.

So the booking order is :

Palo, excursions, spas

I'm learning.

I'm thinking for the spa...I'll just see what the daily specials are (as I'm a little cheap when it comes to spa spending). They have good deals on port days! I am, however, seriously considering the Rainforest package...I may go one day since I've never been, then upgrade to the package.

....yikes, I need to be out the door in 7 minutes...better throw on some clothes, eh?

Hey, Everyone excited or what! I sure am, more so then I was last year.
Disney Wonder 4nights and 3 nights land 2007
Hope to meet some people before the big day.

WELCOME!

my boss just told me I have to go out and audit petty cash at some of our offsite locations.

Kaylee - I thought about the Outdoor adventure but I can't do the speedboat.

Hello Deb

Look like everybody keen on Palo first :eek:

Oh well, I am not bother if none left as there is alway on the ship when arrive on first day, go up to Palo and if any left. Sometime check on my disney everyday after 90 days.

Like my mil & fil last mins booking and they got it fine last year (med.)

We have not decide about excursions well apart from PV.

One more :

I am still thinking what to write to school again. I hope Ian's friend write a letter for me tom.

Have a nice day

Scottishwee35

Hi Deborah,

I think we're all set for our Grills dinner. It'll be nice on the water and the kids will all have a chance to get to know each other before boarding.

I have to do a Palo brunch and would like to do tea......dinner I can give up. So I better book it first this time.

Good Luck with your letter today. I'd say if you're having a hard time writing it, get a friend to help. It will make it so much easier......no stress!

You have a fantastic evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter