May 10, 2008 New Ship Of Thieves...May 2008 Repo Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad everyone was able to find this new thread and continue the chatter.

YEA Holly got her money and can pay for this cruise.

As far as tax rebates go, they said that even you Holly will get $300 back. I should get $600 and it's supposed to start showing up in mailboxes in May. So we may have checks waiting for us when we get home. Nice!

Yeah.....where are our Cat 1-3 cruisers...we need to know stuff about excursion times! We need to build a "Sea Lion" group! ::yes::

I agree. It will be more fun with friends. It would be cool to put a list together for each excursion. Maybe I can convince DH to make us a website like the old ship of thieves disscussion boards.

We're doing it but doing it on our own. We want to stay at the park longer since there is so much to do.

What else is there to do? Is it cheaper on your own. If more people were booking it on their own we might be willing to go along with that.

Ok, have to go clean my house and cook for the party tomarrow. Glad I found the new thread though.

I read in a trip report that Noel hosted a party on the NYE sailing, hopefully she'll post some pictures of the suite. I am sure it was amazing!

Hopefully Noel will find her way back over here soon.....we all miss her.

I'm so glad everyone was able to find this new thread and continue the chatter.

YEA Holly got her money and can pay for this cruise.

As far as tax rebates go, they said that even you Holly will get $300 back. I should get $600 and it's supposed to start showing up in mailboxes in May. So we may have checks waiting for us when we get home. Nice!
Oooooh....ME LIKEY! That will help coming home to no paycheck from missing all those days of work.

Ok, have to go clean my house and cook for the party tomarrow. Glad I found the new thread though.

I know what you mean. I keep hopping up to check on the laundry. At least this is a thread I'll be all caught up on.:lmao:

I have to say......I was getting a bit tired of all the waiting that I did yesterday on these boards and today it's moving like lightening. I'm really happy about that.

I have to say......I was getting a bit tired of all the waiting that I did yesterday on these boards and today it's moving like lightening. I'm really happy about that.

Hopefully they will be able to fix the boards so the old threads can come back.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The other lawyer I used to work for here left our firm and went to the firm where the guys I just applied to recently left from. I e-mailed him this morning and asked him if I could use him as a resume (I already knew I could because we’ve stayed in touch as friends) and his response was, “What’s their contact info?” I gave it to him and he told me HE’S going to call THEM (because he knows them) and say, “Hey, my former secretary faxed her resume to you this morning and I think you should really take a look at it and consider her”, etc. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

:yay: :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo: :yay:

Welcome John, tell us your story.

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Well, I'd say you're in the right place!

:rotfl:

Good morning all! I probably won't be able to post again until after work (but then again, I say that a lot, don't I).

I faxed my cover letter and resume to the new firm I mentioned last night! WOOHOO! :woohoo: I just KNOW they'll call me!

AND.......I GOT MY TAX REFUND!!!!!!! It showed up in my savings account this morning. So now I have to go withdraw $$ and put it on my prepaid credit card to make the final cruise payment. This will take a couple days because the card only allows you to put $1000 on per day and limits the amount you can charge per day, but it will happen, slowly but surely. :thumbsup2

:banana:

My name is Deb and I am a DISaholic too!!! But I'm kinda proud of it!!!:lmao:

:dance3:

Oh my! I caught up with our new thread in less than 5 minutes :banana: :banana: :banana:

So everybody books Palo first.....Ohhhhh, I see why there's so few choices left for me when I go to book.....or none at all.

So the booking order is :

Palo, excursions, spas

I'm learning.

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The other lawyer I used to work for here left our firm and went to the firm where the guys I just applied to recently left from. I e-mailed him this morning and asked him if I could use him as a resume (I already knew I could because we’ve stayed in touch as friends) and his response was, “What’s their contact info?” I gave it to him and he told me HE’S going to call THEM (because he knows them) and say, “Hey, my former secretary faxed her resume to you this morning and I think you should really take a look at it and consider her”, etc. HOW COOL IS THAT?!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: So cool, that words don't do it justice...:cool1: :cool1:

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

By the time you go on this cruise, you'll already be working on your new job and making lots more money. YEA! Does the new place have any kind of benefits for you? Maybe tuition reimbursement??? How about paid days off?

Hey Holly here's some info on the rebates. I'm not sure if it applies to you, but you might get more.

Information from the New York Times, Washington Post and Associated Press was used in this report.

Just where do you fit in? How Americans in different financial situations would fare under the proposed rebate plan.

An individual with $2,500 in earned income in 2007: Disqualified because income fell below the $3,000 threshold. No rebate.

A married couple with no children, with adjusted gross income of $100,000 in 2007: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples. A $1,200 rebate.

A worker with one child, who earned $9,000 and owed no taxes in 2007: Would qualify for the $300 rebate available to individuals who pay no taxes but earned at least $3,000, plus an additional $300 for the child. A $600 rebate.

A couple with income of $145,000 in 2007, with three children: Would qualify for the full $1,200 for couples, plus $300 for each child. A $2,100 rebate.

A couple with income of $160,000 in 2007 with two children: Would qualify for a partial rebate, reduced by $50 for every $1,000 in income above the $150,000 threshold. An $1,800 rebate -- $1,200 for the couple plus $300 per child -- would go down by $500 for this family. A $1,300 rebate.

A couple with income of $200,000 and four children: Disqualified because their income exceeded $174,000, the phase-out limit. No rebate.
An individual with adjusted gross income of $23,000 and no dependents: $600 rebate.

A couple with adjusted gross income of $184,000 and two children: $100 rebate.

Hey, Everyone excited or what! I sure am, more so then I was last year.
Disney Wonder 4nights and 3 nights land 2007
Hope to meet some people before the big day.

By the time you go on this cruise, you'll already be working on your new job and making lots more money. YEA! Does the new place have any kind of benefits for you? Maybe tuition reimbursement??? How about paid days off?

Holly, Will they let you take the time off, is the bigger question. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter