• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MaxPass / Digital Fastpass - Discussion Thread

Yep, was in the park earlier today and noticed the handful of rides that had their FP return time within 5-10 minutes of the current time. The only rides I noticed that did not follow this were Indy, Space, and Matterhorn. I wonder if this is something they intended to work in or was just a glitch in the implementation of MaxPass?

Yep, was in the park earlier today and noticed the handful of rides that had their FP return time within 5-10 minutes of the current time. The only rides I noticed that did not follow this were Indy, Space, and Matterhorn. I wonder if this is something they intended to work in or was just a glitch in the implementation of MaxPass?

We've experienced this on Splash for years. While not the 5-10 mins like today, the return time is often a shorter wait than the stand by line. I will say, that when added to extremely quiet mornings, it's made for enjoyable days this week.

Standing at Buzz now and the midterm system of scanning your ticket instead of handing over the FP has gone live today. A few hiccups they've said and lots of explaining. They said it's gone live on all FP attractions. FWIW, they said MaxPass will go live sometime next month and that Disney didn't make an announcement about this current change so not to confuse the roll out of MaxPass.

ETA: Just used the system on Space. You have to scan twice - once at beginning of line and again when FP line merges with regular line. The chances of my children losing their APs has just increased exponentially.

Last edited:

Standing at Buzz now and the midterm system of scanning your ticket instead of handing over the FP has gone live today. A few hiccups they've said and lots of explaining. They said it's gone live on all FP attractions. FWIW, they said MaxPass will go live sometime next month and that Disney didn't make an announcement about this current change so not to confuse the roll out of MaxPass.

Thank you for your report, I was expecting to open this thread and found an official announcement from Disney but still quiet. So I know they say next month, but it just seems too rushed, if they are not going to beta test Maxi Pass it will probably blow up on their faces..... SO I think in my opinion they push out this a couple more months or are stubborn enough to go live without really beta testing it..

UGH. :) Thanks for the confirmation!! If you get a chance, would you ask if people would be turned away if they only had the paper FP reminder instead of their ticket? I am wondering if there will be any leeway since a lot of people won't know about the change. Or are there CM at the FP machines telling people the new info? Thank you!

... Just used the system on Space. You have to scan twice - once at beginning of line and again when FP line merges with regular line. The chances of my children losing their APs has just increased exponentially.

I thought about this, too. I think I see Witz cases in our future.

Question...
Can you get your next FP before you use the FP you currently have?
Or do have to scan the FP and ride the attraction first before you can get your next FP?

I am still not sure how this Max Pass works.......
You have to obtain a FP from the phone app, not the FP machine, then they scan your Disneyland pass???

--Lori

Question...
Or do have to scan the FP and ride the attraction first before you can get your next FP?
Looking at the reminder looks like you can hold two once your window opens up.

Question...

The CM whom I spoke with explained that nothing about the FP service itself has changed. So look at the time on your FP reminder ticket. Either you will be able to get another FP when your return time has opened or two hours after you got the FP. Look at the photo above in post #227. You can see the return time and at the bottom it says when another FP can be obtained. In this case, the return time and next FP time are the same. But sometimes the next FP time is earlier than the return time. Hope this makes sense.

2nd question...
Can you scan your entry/AP tickets onto the Disneyland App. Will the FP machines scan the tickets on the phone instead of using a physical ticket?

That way a person who is not riding can use the physical tickets to get more FP while the riding guests use the mobile app to get through FP.

Last edited:
Interesting, they only canceled a portion of it. Now interested in seeing how it all works...

2nd question...
Can you scan your entry/AP tickets onto the Disneyland App. Will the FP machines scan the tickets on the phone instead of using a physical ticket?

That way a person who is not riding can use the physical tickets to get more FP while the riding guests use the mobile app to get through FP.

I have no idea on the answer but I'd like to know the details to cut down on frustration. Good question. We use a FP runner. If the tickets have to be in the line with the person, it may be harder to get new fast passes.

I was so hoping Maxpass would start today. Going June 30-July 1 and was hoping to get Photopass for $40 for both days AND be able to pull fastpasses on the app. Bummer. I kind of figured this wasn't happening today when I didn't see an update for the app. Without a way to link your ticket to the app there's no way to pull the fastpass from your app. Oh well, now I have to take my camera...

I am very interested to know if the scanners will use the app or screen shots of the barcodes. We are also hopping to use a FP runner throughout the day.

I logged into my Disney account through the app and found my AP and my husband's AP. I clicked on something about adding a pass, but it wanted me to scan an AP barcode. I clicked cancel and at the bottom there was a message about updating or adding something to my account. I am now able to see a lot of tickets I have bought over the years, and maybe even old AP numbers. I took screen shots of the APs and the tickets we are using for the people traveling with us, just in case we can use them at the FP scanners. They are still on the app, but I have to scroll over quite a few times to get to the correct tickets, and that would take forever.

The problem is you can't just give out Magic Bands and that's it. There's a huge rollout involved in terms of infrastructure. Essentially you need to upgrade every room to include locks that accept the magic bands. You need to upgrade the turnstiles and fast pass machines with magic band readers. You need to equip all photopass photographers with magic band readers. You need to upgrade all retail and dining outlets with magic band readers.

the whole appeal of the magic band system at WDW is that it's a one-stop-shop for all your needs. If you have it on your wrist, you don't need your wallet, room key, photopass card or ticket. Offering it JUST for fastpasses would undermine the value of the system, so IMO if you're going to roll out magic band, you need to do it completely across the board.

I say this as a huge fan of the magic band system. I would love to see it at DLR. Just realistic in terms of the amount of work it would take.

I have contacts at Disney Imagineering and they are quietly working on it now. It should be rolled out sooner rather than later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter