Marathon Weekend 2024

SAFD: half for that sweet sweet c2c medal 🤤 mmmmm

every time I open this thread I get nervous that I missed the registration!
Seems like a lot of folks have this thinking about just the half for the C2C and now I'm getting less confident about how easy it will be to register!

Quick question about registration. If my girlfriend is running the half, does she have to sign up under her own Disney account or can it be done through mine, since we are both staying on site?

You can register her through your account, though the registration will eventually have to be transferred to her account so she can sign the waiver. I've done this with my DW all the time.

But if you don't do the transfer, or of the transfer doesn't happen right, she can still sign the waiver at the expo.

SAFD: I had been thinking Goofy plus 10k (at least after this year’s race), but now I’m thinking ‘Who am I kidding?? I’m running Dopey’. It’s easier to register -single vs multiple. However, I don’t plan on arriving until expo day, so if I have flight issues…
It looks like my AP will be blocked out until Thursday, so no need to come any earlier (unless I want to pay a lot extra to get an extra day or two). I plan to stay a day later.

I’m hoping a couple browsers on my phone and chrome and edge browser on my desktop will work. I will log into runDisney ahead of time and have gift card info typed out somewhere and easy to copy and paste.

Question about registering a minor. I'm planning on registering myself for Dopey first, and only after going back to register my son (or will have my husband do it if he can get in while I'm registering).
Will I have any issues registering a minor with no adult under the same registration?

SAFD: I think I’ll aim for either “just” the half, “just” the 10K, or the 10K + half. I’d like to avoid needing to go to the expo on Day 1, and I’d like to stick around until Monday to spectate the full and do the Sunday night celebrations.

I’ll have multiple devices going, but will be stalking this thread in case my devices fail and I need an available URL! And will of course, donate any unused URLs I might have that would pay it forward.

Side note about running for a charity:
DH ran the MW 10k in 2022 on a leftover MS bib (we paid the cost of the bib and a $50 donation) and since then the amount of solicitation mail we get is enormous. We have hundreds of return address labels now. And they're from all sorts of different organizations (DS, MS, Special Olympics, United Way, Shriners, ACS, etc.)

Also (and this is probably just a "thing" that happens to us because we are those "if it can, it will" people) we got a whole bunch of monthly thank you letters for our donations (of almost $800/mo!) that caused no small amount of panic that our card was being auto-charged without us knowing it, because when I signed him up I was essentially taking the coordinator's word for it that we wouldn't be charged the full fundraising amount later on. We were NOT being charged, which was a relief, but also super weird that for some reason their system thought we were donating thousands of dollars.

Last edited:
SAFD: Plan A is Dopey, followed by Goofy and then "just" the full if things sell out too quickly.

As for tricks or special plans for registration, I just plan on being online with an open browser at 10AM on the 11th. I'm still a bit irked with Disney for taking away early registration for DVC members, so I'm not going to try multiple devices, etc., to register. I still enjoy RD events tremendously, but if the Mouse keeps making it harder for me to give them my money, I'm not going to expend too much extra effort to register. I'm going for a marathon in all 50 states and still have 35+ states to go, so it's not like I can't find races to fill my calendar.

SAFD: Hoping for Dopey once again. I told myself two years ago I was going to be one and done with Dopey. Here I am trying for #3.

As for trying to get registered successfully, of course I will be like everyone else and have multiple browsers open on my computer and my phone. Last year I was able to get in because of Disboard family sharing links that were about to get through. I am sure our family will do the same again this year and I am very thankful for everyone who helps out here. I don't think I would have got in last year without the assist.

Anyone have recs for good charities to work with if you don’t get a race you want?
I'm running the Disneyland half for Give Kids the World. It's my first experience running for a charity, so I don't have anything to compare it to but they've been great. I really love what they do, so I'm glad to be able to fundraise for them.

https://www.gktw.org/run/index.php

SAFD: Hoping for Dopey once again. I told myself two years ago I was going to be one and done with Dopey. Here I am trying for #3.

As for trying to get registered successfully, of course I will be like everyone else and have multiple browsers open on my computer and my phone. Last year I was able to get in because of Disboard family sharing links that were about to get through. I am sure our family will do the same again this year and I am very thankful for everyone who helps out here. I don't think I would have got in last year without the assist.

That was my DW when she did her first Dopey. After the race, she was like "that was fun, but I'm never doing that again."

Week later: "I miss Dopey." So I registered her for the next year's race.

Mile 9 of the Marathon (old course through ESPN, so by the waste facility), I get a phone call from her "What have I done???"

Next week, I'm registering her for Dopey #5...

Registration day for ClubRD Gold and Platinum. The one day of the year I regret not giving Disney more of my $ to avoid the stress of the next week. On plus side, hopefully the ClubRD folks can tell us if/what pre-order merch there is.
When does the invite e-mail come out?

When does the invite e-mail come out?

When they feed the hamsters to spin the wheel that powers the machine that presses the giant red button that flashes the light and sounds the buzzer that wakes up the IT guys to press "send"......

Seriously, for the most recent registrations, it appears that the email(s) have come scattered throughout the day and for some people sometimes not at all.

Quick question about registration. If my girlfriend is running the half, does she have to sign up under her own Disney account or can it be done through mine, since we are both staying on site?

Registration Run-Down w/ Images! (A comprehensive run-down of the registration process)

This link will help you through what registering multiple different people looks like as well.

Question about registering a minor. I'm planning on registering myself for Dopey first, and only after going back to register my son (or will have my husband do it if he can get in while I'm registering).
Will I have any issues registering a minor with no adult under the same registration?

I haven't heard of any issues around this. I imagine it shouldn't be an issue because there's got to be some 17 year old minors running some of these races solo without an adult. So I doubt the system would kick them out without an adult registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter