Marathon Weekend 2024

So if I wanted to try this for 2025 marathon and have a way to book with someone with a home resort it's going to be difficult to get a studio at these locations? I'm guess limited availability currently since its past the 11 month window?
For most of what you picked, you'll want to get in at 11 months. There's also limited availability because of the demand of MW. For example, VGC at DL has no studio availability for DL1/2 Weekend, though the rest of January is wide open.

You might get lucky with a confirmed reservation, but they can get pricey.

SAFD: I registered for Dopey last week with Give Kids The World, so I am avoiding the registration madness this time around. It's my first Dopey after "just" getting Goofy last year, so I'm pretty stoked.

If anyone is looking for charity bibs for MW, I believe that GKTW still has bibs for all races and challenges. DM me and I can give you the information!

SAFD: I registered for Dopey last week with Give Kids The World, so I am avoiding the registration madness this time around. It's my first Dopey after "just" getting Goofy last year, so I'm pretty stoked.

If anyone is looking for charity bibs for MW, I believe that GKTW still has bibs for all races and challenges. DM me and I can give you the information!
Ran for them this past year. Super easy to work with and thought the amount to raise was very fair. Another charity messed up and over committed last year and rescinded my promised bib after already raising $3k. So switched mid stream and they were kind and honest

Ran for them this past year. Super easy to work with and thought the amount to raise was very fair. Another charity messed up and over committed last year and rescinded my promised bib after already raising $3k. So switched mid stream and they were kind and honest
I had the same issue last year with a Dopey bib for a charity. Got a confirmation and raised over $700 before they contacted me to say I didn't actually have a bib. I still raised money for them even though I had my own Goofy bib, but I was pretty bummed that I didn't get to do Dopey. I agree that GKTW has been great to work with and that their fundraising amounts are really fair. I've already raised all of the money for a Wine & Dine challenge bib and I'm only $300 away from my Dopey goal.

oh no you guys are making me nervous. I signed up with A Running Passion yesterday to also avoid the registration craziness. I was like, I'm good. Now, I'm not so sure :P

FWIW I ran with Dragon Master last year and it was great as well, super easy.

SAFD: I have no idea 🤪. I guess I have some idea because I’m down to 3 choices but hopefully I have some epiphany over the weekend and settle on a path forward.

19% - HM - This one wasn’t in the running until the artwork was released. I’m a big fan of this color scheme.
34% - Goofy - Goofy is one of my must stop characters during the race. But the price…aghhh. I could spend multiple days in the park for that price difference.
47% - Marathon - The big cheese. I feel like if I ran just the half that I’d regret not running the full. I did this in 2022 because I didn’t have time to train for the marathon. That was a good decision although I was a little jealous of everyone wearing their ears in MK on Sunday. This time I have time to train, so why not?

SAFD: I have no idea 🤪. I guess I have some idea because I’m down to 3 choices but hopefully I have some epiphany over the weekend and settle on a path forward.

19% - HM - This one wasn’t in the running until the artwork was released. I’m a big fan of this color scheme.
34% - Goofy - Goofy is one of my must stop characters during the race. But the price…aghhh. I could spend multiple days in the park for that price difference.
47% - Marathon - The big cheese. I feel like if I ran just the half that I’d regret not running the full. I did this in 2022 because I didn’t have time to train for the marathon. That was a good decision although I was a little jealous of everyone wearing their ears in MK on Sunday. This time I have time to train, so why not?
lol how did you calculate those percentages

Here's a question: Do I need a magic band to properly be associated with my race photos or are those off of chip/bib?

oh no you guys are making me nervous. I signed up with A Running Passion yesterday to also avoid the registration craziness. I was like, I'm good. Now, I'm not so sure :P

FWIW I ran with Dragon Master last year and it was great as well, super easy.
It wasn’t that group 😉. And ran for Dragon Master with an exceptional experience some year ago.

Here's a question: Do I need a magic band to properly be associated with my race photos or are those off of chip/bib?
As stated above, it’s by bib, but I can tell you anecdotally that someone I was downloading pics for had a *few* (the stretch before the finish line pics) show up before I entered their info, and that person ran with their MB.

But they go through and manually tag all of the pics based off bib number.

(I wish they had a preorder package for JUST the medal replica pins. The only way to get them all is to get all 19 race weekend pins which was like $350. I don't want all of the pins. I want the medal replicas!)
I only want the event distance pins (not the medals or the "I did it.") We also like to get the jumbo weekend event pin, not the smaller one that's the same approx. size as the distance pins. All we need to do is find someone who only wants the "I DID IT!" pins and we could split the cost.....assuming I managed to get registered.

With the current pricing, comparing the "everything" pack against buying all 6 event bundles separately, they're saying that the weekend event pin is going to be $45.

Last edited:
Just a little extra info about photos during a race *when parks are open* (so mostly this applies to the Marathon)… in addition to the race PP photogs, you can also utilize regular park PP photogs. You know, should you wish to commemorate, say, that beer you stopped for in the last mile with a beauty shot in Italy? BUT you still don’t need to carry/wear a MB: just ask the photog for a PP card and you can later add its code to your account to access those pics.

I miss those dream lights. Some of my best castle pictures are with those lights on half marathon and marathon mornings while waiting for you yokels* to run past!

* I use this term endearingly! ☺️

Speculation that is tangential to MW:
Do you think they'll bring back the Dream Light overlay to the castle now that the 50th is over? Thinking about castle pics and all during the half.....
I really really hope so. I love the Dream Lights. My family used to always go to Disney at Christmas time, and those lights were a staple of all of our photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter