Marathon Weekend 2024

What is your preferred Value and/or moderate resort to stay at for WDW marathon weekend? I'm thinking more so for those who just want to get to different places to watch the race and not actual runners of the race.

What is your preferred Value and/or moderate resort to stay at for WDW marathon weekend? I'm thinking more so for those who just want to get to different places to watch the race and not actual runners of the race.
I think Coronado is on the marathon course, so a good spot for spectators. Caribbean Beach (and Pop) would allow spectators to use the sky liner (when it is running) to get to the Boardwalk area.
If it’s an All-Star value, I liked Sports, because it is the first stop for buses (room on the bus, and first to get off). I think there is a sidewalk that you could walk to Blizzard Beach from the All-Stars. It might be about a mile from Sports.

When you click on the images they get bigger, but also blurrier. I think it’s enough to get the idea of the artwork though. I like it better than last (this) year, but I’m going to be stuck figuring out what to do with a tshirt I don’t want. Even though I have early CRD access to expo I panicked and got the jacket bundle because it was the only jacket preorder option. I’ve heard you can’t return preorders?

When you click on the images they get bigger, but also blurrier. I think it’s enough to get the idea of the artwork though. I like it better than last (this) year, but I’m going to be stuck figuring out what to do with a tshirt I don’t want. Even though I have early CRD access to expo I panicked and got the jacket bundle because it was the only jacket preorder option. I’ve heard you can’t return preorders?

In my experience with presale items (pre-Covid) you CAN return preorders. That may have changed, but if all else fails you could offer it to someone in the group who missed out or sell it.

What do you mean by “different places?” Different from the usual or multiple spots?

Disclaimer: below advice is only applicable if the course is similar course to last year

If it’s spot with fewer spectators, Coronado is a great choice. The marathon runs right past the resort. Depending on your transportation and the runners’ pacing, you can make it to the finish. It might be tight, but my partner managed by driving himself with my 9 mm pace.

Another option is All Stars as @MissLiss279 mentioned. I have ran on that sidewalk and can confirm its existence! You need to cross the street by the McDonald’s and continue under Osceola. You could even continue so the way up to Coronado. This option would be more difficult to see the same runner in multiple spots but the runners would love the support since this is a rather boring part of the course just past mile 20.

From any of the mod/value resorts, you can take a bus to the start and then monorail to TTC/MK and then back to Epcot for the finish. These are well supported areas where your cheers may not be as noticeable but both have an amazing atmosphere.

All my DW wants is a jacket and an I did it magnet, but won't cry if she doesn't get it. She loved the post-order jacket that they did like in 2018, I think. I wish they'd do that, again.

Has anyone trying exchanging a clothing item they preordered? I'm worried about preordering, and then not fitting.
I wouldn't be worried, if it wasn't for the fact that I tried the Dopey hoodie this year in my usual size, and I couldn't fit my arms in the sleeves.

This may not be the place for this question and if not I will move it where yall suggest it be asked. For those of you who use DVC points during marathon weekend, at the 7 month mark when most of the resale places can get you a room which of the following typically would still have availability?

Animal Kingdom Studio
Bay Lake Tower Standard
Beach Club Studio
Boardwalk Studio
Riviera Tower Studio
Poly Studio

Ill move this to the DVC section if its a better fit there. Thank yall for help with my crazy questions lol.

This may not be the place for this question and if not I will move it where yall suggest it be asked. For those of you who use DVC points during marathon weekend, at the 7 month mark when most of the resale places can get you a room which of the following typically would still have availability?

Animal Kingdom Studio
Bay Lake Tower Standard
Beach Club Studio
Boardwalk Studio
Riviera Tower Studio
Poly Studio

Ill move this to the DVC section if its a better fit there. Thank yall for help with my crazy questions lol.

If you're looking for a studio, all I see right now is AKV-K Savannah, OKW and SSR . Everything else right now is pretty much gone. I don't know what things will look like in 2 months, when the 7-month window opens. But pickings are already slim.

Animal Kingdom Studio
Bay Lake Tower Standard
Beach Club Studio
Boardwalk Studio
Riviera Tower Studio
Poly Studio

In my limited experience moving a DVC reservation, I was able to get Bay Lake - Lake View at 7 months. I think the most likely to have availability would be AKL and Poly. I think the others would probably already be full.

Animal Kingdom Studio
Bay Lake Tower Standard
Beach Club Studio
Boardwalk Studio
Riviera Tower Studio
Poly Studio

Bay Lake Tower (standard), Beach Club, and Boardwalk studios, along with Riviera tower studios are all unlikely to be available at the 7-month mark.

Polynesian has 300+ studios and Animal Kingdom is a large resort, so those might have some availability. Bay Lake Tower lake view and Riviera preferred studios might also be possibilities, but less likely. Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are the most likely to have availability, but any availability for studios at the 7-month mark could be slim.

If you're looking for a studio, all I see right now is AKV-K Savannah, OKW and SSR . Everything else right now is pretty much gone. I don't know what things will look like in 2 months, when the 7-month window opens. But pickings are already slim.

Bay Lake Tower (standard), Beach Club, and Boardwalk studios, along with Riviera tower studios are all unlikely to be available at the 7-month mark.

Polynesian has 300+ studios and Animal Kingdom is a large resort, so those might have some availability. Bay Lake Tower lake view and Riviera preferred studios might also be possibilities, but less likely. Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are the most likely to have availability, but any availability for studios at the 7-month mark could be slim.

So if I wanted to try this for 2025 marathon and have a way to book with someone with a home resort it's going to be difficult to get a studio at these locations? I'm guess limited availability currently since its past the 11 month window?

So if I wanted to try this for 2025 marathon and have a way to book with someone with a home resort it's going to be difficult to get a studio at these locations? I'm guess limited availability currently since its past the 11 month window?
If you're set on where you want to stay, I'd try to find an owner renting their points ahead of the 11 month window and work with them. Other than AK, all of those resorts book up for marathon weekend quickly, especially if you're looking at studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter