Marathon Weekend 2023

Do charities ever have Castaway Cay Challenge bibs for people who have already booked the cruise?

If you get Club RunDisney when it opens in May, does that do anything for your corral placement in next years marathon or do you have a to be a member when you register to get the corral perks?

Where do i find information about @DopeyBadger? Thanks!

Here are some posts I've written in the past:

Advice for Newbies #1
Advice for Newbies #2
Advice for Newbies #3
Advice for Newbies #4
Advice for Newbies #5
How I write a custom training plan

I agree with others. The key is to find a training plan that revolves around your life so that your life doesn't revolve around running. There are many ways to be successful with a variety of methods. But the key is being honest in choosing the plan and being able to realistically believe at the start that you can commit to what it's asking with as few as changes to what the original author wrote. And if you choose to use a plan you find online, one thing I find critically important is to confirm the pace scheme they want you to use for your current fitness level.

The more I read the luckier I realize I got… I managed to get the full, drawn out excruciatingly with re-sign in, panic POT look up, panic forgetting my CC number and running around to find it in my room, and then did the 10k separately from another browser… I think the luck was in the browser though, with no solid pattern like others are maybe seeing.

Edge computer 1- 2 tabs 9:45 spinning, incognito after 10 loading dwarves and eventually spinning
Safari computer 2- two tabs 9:50 spinning
iPhone- dwarves all morning and then spinning before noon I think

the two safari tabs each said more than an hour, the two edge 5 min each, and the iPhone 19 minutes. so my first open and spinning was what got me in fastest, but the iPhone done later than the safari was faster than those. I used both edge tabs opened at 9:45 to get in 🤷‍♀️

ETA I was done by 12:48
I feel the same way. I had four devices (phone, tablet, laptop, desktop) but no real pattern to which ones were the first to get into the queue or to open to registration. The one I ended up using was Safari on the tablet, but it was neither the first tab I started nor the last. By the time I got into Dopey (12:01CST), only one of the others were under an hour and that one only at 28 minutes. I'll celebrate today ... and get to my Dopey training tomorrow.

Alright guys - it's been fun, but I think I'm out. It's now almost 2am and I am falling asleep. So sad, I hope by some miracle there will still be places available in the morning.
I'm up again now - website won't load, I'm guessing they're all sold out? :( I left my waiting room screen open and it turns out I would have got in at 3:15am - I couldn't have waited another hour so I'm not too upset that I left.

It just sucks, because I could have set a later alarm to get up around 2am and I would have made it...

Guys, all of my virtual queues were over an hour because I selected sign up for dopey. For giggles I opened up a new tab, selected register for 5k, and it took me right into the registration page. Just got registered now. Try that!
This was exactly what worked for me.

Just catching up here after work - wow, what a poop show this was! By sheer luck, my family was able to get everything we wanted - Dopey for me, the half for my oldest daughter and my husband, and the 5K for my youngest.
I feel so badly for all of those who got shut out (including my BRB - best running buddy)!
I am hopeful that more spots will open up - the races just sold out way way faster than anyone expected, so hoping that the tech glitch that took the website out maybe also caused an error on how many runners can register for each of the races.

If you get Club RunDisney when it opens in May, does that do anything for your corral placement in next years marathon or do you have a to be a member when you register to get the corral perks?

The membership year is October to October, so your perks align with that timeframe. Any races or registrations in that timeframe apply. It's very confusing because there are registrations for races in that membership period (W&D and MW) that fall outside that window.

If you were to join for this coming year at platinum level, you'd get early expo entry, bib designation and the corral bump for the November 2022 and January 2023 races, but you've already missed out on the early/guaranteed registration. Let's say you decide not to renew for the next year, you'd still get early/guaranteed registration for the November 2023 W&D and January 2024 MW races because you're still a member when those go on sale. But you would NOT get any of the perks on-site for those races.

The membership year is October to October, so your perks align with that timeframe. Any races or registrations in that timeframe apply. It's very confusing because there are registrations for races in that membership period (W&D and MW) that fall outside that window.

If you were to join for this coming year at platinum level, you'd get early expo entry, bib designation and the corral bump for the November 2022 and January 2023 races, but you've already missed out on the early/guaranteed registration. Let's say you decide not to renew for the next year, you'd still get early/guaranteed registration for the November 2023 W&D and January 2024 MW races because you're still a member when those go on sale. But you would NOT get any of the perks on-site for those races.
Thank you and yes a bit confusing..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter