Marathon Weekend 2023

since I only signed up for myself today, can someone confirm/deny/explain how I can register in the future for another person.

Do I register like normal, register myself for one race but don't yet pay, then I get to a point where I can add a second registration for a completely different person and finally pay all together?
Yes. At the bottom is a button that says “add another registration.”
@Z-Knight: just be careful as it is very easy to miss that button

(whispers)

This was a big conspiracy today to force you all to buy runDisney Genie+, err, I mean, Club runDisney
I hate to say it but I wouldn't be surprised! The only Club runDisney perks that would be of value to me would be:

1. A guaranteed opportunity to purchase one registration in each race weekend through early registration
2. Club Early access to runDisney Merchandise Shop

That falls into the gold membership category, but those two perks alone are not worth $531.93 per person based on my situation. If they offered these a la carte I would consider it but I guess that would lower their bottom line...

Very excited to have registered myself and my boyfriend for our first Dopey! 🥳 I also can’t wait to start all the training (I swear that isn’t sarcastic)!
I had the same issues as a lot of people, where the queues I joined before 10 had over an hour wait but the links I got around 11:30 had less than 30 minute waits

Now that the morning fiasco has passed, did anyone else notice the new PoT cutoff times? Back up to 4.5 hours! Are they going to have multiple PoT corrals this year?

We had multiple PoT corrals this past Marathon Weekend with a 4:00 PoT cutoff, so I'd expect them to add another with the looser requirement. I'd guess 3 PoT corrals with the third also hosting Platinum CrD members. I guess they could always just beef up the size of the two current PoT corrals, but it's not what I'm expecting.

Now that the morning fiasco has passed, did anyone else notice the new PoT cutoff times? Back up to 4.5 hours! Are they going to have multiple PoT corrals this year?
Is that what the POT cutoff was pre-covid? I don't have a chance for MW but I'm wondering if that means I can go back to a 10K at the previous cutoff time for a half marathon POT.

My comments on the timing for joining the queue this morning:

I joined the queue from a standard web browser on two separate computers at 9:41am EST. Both of those browsers ended up having a wait time of more than an hour when things finally opened up.

When everyone was commenting on getting the 7 dwarfs on the main runDisney website, I opened up a new incognito web browser and kept refreshing it. At around 1:43 minutes into the opening delay, the main website came back and I joined the queue from this incognito web browser. This web browser ended up being the fastest one. My wait time refreshed with 23 minutes.

Based on what I have been reading from others and what I experienced, it appears that those that join after the opening time had better wait time than those that were early. It seems to be more of a first-in-last out type of queue this morning instead of a first-in-first out.

I am so happy about the new PoT cutoffs. The race I submitted is a HM and is right at the estimated cutoff for dopey/marathon equivalency, so hoping it is enough to get my into a PoT corral.

I am so happy about the new PoT cutoffs. The race I submitted is a HM and is right at the estimated cutoff for dopey/marathon equivalency, so hoping it is enough to get my into a PoT corral.
The new PoT cutoffs helped me decide on doing Dopey again. I'm running a half at the end of May and I'm targeting (and on track for) 2 hours. That gives me a 15 minute buffer if something goes wrong that morning.

So the PoT was only for the Marathon and only if you were less than a 4.5 hour, right? I figured there would be one for the Half Marathon but I didn't see it.

So the PoT was only for the Marathon and only if you were less than a 4.5 hour, right? I figured there would be one for the Half Marathon but I didn't see it.
There should definitely be a POT for the half marathon. Only races that don't require a POT to be in the earlier corrals are the 5k and the 10k.

The new PoT cutoffs helped me decide on doing Dopey again. I'm running a half at the end of May and I'm targeting (and on track for) 2 hours. That gives me a 15 minute buffer if something goes wrong that morning.

Careful with that buffer time. I think you need a 2:07 or so half marathon to equate to a 4:30 marathon.

Be sure to check your credit card. For each of the unsuccessful attempts (I clicked charge my card then got the now registrations available message) I was charged. It appears only one of the three unsuccessful attempts has been reversed. UGH!!!!

Attachments

• 728E7033-8DA3-4173-8AD1-81A9D52BD32A_1_201_a.jpeg
    728E7033-8DA3-4173-8AD1-81A9D52BD32A_1_201_a.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 14
How are the sizing on the shirts. I am not sure if I should go with a mens or womens style.... I feel like the womens are usually shorter than I like....
I believe you can exchange shirt size at the Expo if one does not fit, but depending on when you pick up, there may less ability to exchange shirt size.

Yay! I was wondering about you.
<3!!!

My friends in LA had a few browsers/devices going so that they could register people who were less available (me) and I think we all got what we wanted.

I was at an interview fair with 9th graders all day, running some team building activities between interviews. But when it opened at 12:30 during lunch, I put one of my 12th grader volunteers in charge of the 12:45 activity (she CRUSHED it) and opened a browser on my phone to wait for the countdown. So I was able to register on my own. My friend Eric was registered by our LA contingency.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter