Marathon Weekend 2021

This is my first time trying to register. So, for Tuesday, do I just head to the rundisney website? Will there be a link there for registration? It was so much easier having a direct link for the AP registration.

I keep hoping that I’ll get a confirmation email from runDisney, since I got the cc charge notification. But, the registration is not showing in my runDisney account, so I’m sure it didn’t really go through. 🥺

This is my first time trying to register. So, for Tuesday, do I just head to the rundisney website? Will there be a link there for registration? It was so much easier having a direct link for the AP registration.

Yes, the regular runDisney site, under the Marathon Weekend event page here: https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/
You'll see the events listed there now, with "Registration Coming Soon" under each. On Tuesday, those will change to buttons just like you saw on the AP site today.

Well, I missed all the mess this morning because I thought registration was at 12noon EDT. I guess I'll be trying on Tuesday! Hopefully everyone here can get registered for their desired races!

Does the early registration usually sell out so fast? For the past few years Dopey has been open for months before it sold it...today it was the first or second race gone.

For those with a "charge" to your cc, but got the "sorry folks, registration's closed - moose outside shoulda told ya", my cc shows two charges for the two times I tried to register, each with an immediate refund for the amount. Your cc company may report differently, but I'd guess that anyone who got the sold out message after hitting pay did not get in, and you should see a reversal of the charge within a few days.

For those with a "charge" to your cc, but got the "sorry folks, registration's closed - moose outside shoulda told ya", my cc shows two charges for the two times I tried to register, each with an immediate refund for the amount. Your cc company may report differently, but I'd guess that anyone who got the sold out message after hitting pay did not get in, and you should see a reversal of the charge within a few days.
I knew I had heard a story before, but couldn’t remember the result. I got the notification of the charge, but when I actually go into the app, it’s not showing as pending or anything. So I am planning on trying next week!🤞

I also wonder how many spots are reserved for Club runDisney members now since certain tiers are guaranteed a race.
I thought the club rundisney registration perks kick in for W&D 2021 onward while the Expo/Coral perks kick in W&D 2020 onward

Yes, the regular runDisney site, under the Marathon Weekend event page here: https://www.rundisney.com/events/disneyworld/disneyworld-marathon-weekend/
You'll see the events listed there now, with "Registration Coming Soon" under each. On Tuesday, those will change to buttons just like you saw on the AP site today.
I am so sorry to hear that a lot of you were unable to get your registration today.

For us uneducated folks who are now seriously stressing on not being able to get registration next Tuesday:
  • why were people logging in from multiple browsers, incognito tabs, multiple computers/phones? Is this suppose to get you in quicker?
I think I need to do some research on the registration process to ensure I am as quick as possible next Tuesday. Any suggestions on the best post to read for all the best practices while registering?

I will go through the PINNED thread to see if I better understand the process.

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear that a lot of you were unable to get your registration today.

For us uneducated folks who are now seriously stressing on not being able to get registration next Tuesday:
  • why were people logging in from multiple browsers, incognito tabs, multiple computers/phones? Is this suppose to get you in quicker?
I think I need to do some research on the registration process to ensure I am as quick as possible next Tuesday. Any suggestions on the best post to read for all the best practices while registering?
I think several of us have learned that for some reason some browsers get in before others. Whether it’s a timing issue, cookies, incognito, clicking ‘register’ a second too early may never get you in... A few years ago things used to sell out very fast (faster than the last couple of years), so you would do everything you could to try and get in quicker. I have successfully registered for events on my phone, but it was my desktop that got in faster today (even though I still wasn’t fast enough).

First recommendation (which for some reason I failed to do today, so when I did eventually get in it took me longer to get through registration and ultimately denied):
(1) Log in to the runDisney website before registration opens or create an account if you haven’t. I think it is the same as every other Disney login. It should auto-populate some things I think.
(2) Wait to put in POT. After registering, go back in and edit your registration if you have a POT.
(3) I think I have heard of people doing this in the past, but I don’t do this. You can type your credit card number out in Word or notepad or something, and then just copy and paste it when you get to that point to save you time.

I only use one browser, but multiple tabs - because more often than not, they get through at different times, and rarely does the first tab I open end up being the first to get through. Ironically, today was the first time my first open tab got through first... and I got shut out anyway.

I only use one browser, but multiple tabs - because more often than not, they get through at different times, and rarely does the first tab I open end up being the first to get through. Ironically, today was the first time my first open tab got through first... and I got shut out anyway.
sorry to hear that! Thanks for the clarification.

My first tab today went through, too. The reason for incognito windows is that we aren't sure how rD is detecting devices. Going incognito on one browser window likely forces rD to see that session as a separate user.

I never even knew it was a different website for ap login til it was too late for the 5k. Just assumed I was locked out with my ap expiring.

Well, here I am showing up late because I brainfarted real real hard and forgot today was the day! I feel incredibly lucky that all I wanted was the Marathon; we're almost three hours into the registration window and it's still available. Little depressing putting in my expected finish time of S-L-O-W, but I did my best to be honest with my guesstimate. See you at the back of the pack! Hope everyone who didn't get in today has better luck Tuesday.

Yeah, I’m willing to bet they’re severely reducing spots to limit crowding if the races happen and cut down on how many to refund if it’s cancelled. Maybe they’ll open up more spots closer to the event if the situation improves.
I bet this is it. They're already talking reduced capacity for the parks in general, and if they want to make any kind of social distancing possible at these events they're going to have to reduce capacity for the races as well.

Realizing I'm really cranky about getting shut out - (but in my defense, a whole lot of sucky things have happened this week, so I'm admittedly hypersensitive at this point) - but it would be awfully nice if rD would have mentioned that they're cutting race caps to the point where only a tiny percentage of people will be able to register, if that is indeed the case. Manage expectations so you don't lose future customers. Radio silence is not your friend during a pandemic when nobody knows what the future holds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter