Marathon Weekend 2021

So, if I were to register for the marathon, and then try to upgrade on Tuesday...would I lose my marathon slot, or just face not being able to get Goofy?
I would like to know this, too. Can I register for the marathon now then switch it on Tuesday assuming I get through? I would like to know I at least have the marathon (bird in hand). But how would that work and would you get charged the change fee?

So what are all the tricks everyone is using to make sure they get the race booked?

Here is what I am seeing so far:
The only clarification I would suggest is to start some of the tabs/browsers a few minutes before 10:00 and some just a few seconds or so after 10:00. For both W&D and today's sign-up, several folks said that the one started just after 10:000 opened first. Could be a quirk, or random, but you may have a better chance doing both.

The only clarification I would suggest is to start some of the tabs/browsers a few minutes before 10:00 and some just a few seconds or so after 10:00. For both W&D and today's sign-up, several folks said that the one started just after 10:000 opened first. Could be a quirk, or random, but you may have a better chance doing both.
So, will the "Registration Opening Soon" text change to the buttons before 10:00AM EST?

I think I'll leave my spot to someone who is experiencing it for the first time or needs it to stay perfect.

From what I read on Facebook (so take the appropriate grains of salt), the perfect Dopeys were given a special link from runDisney on Tuesday, after the AP/DVC registration opened up, so they could register separately and guarantee their spots.

Another data point for this... I got in the queue yesterday before 10 AM and never got in. My DW got in right at 10 AM, registered, logged out, logged into my account on her computer, got back in the queue, and registered me. I'm convinced.

From what I read on Facebook (so take the appropriate grains of salt), the perfect Dopeys were given a special link from runDisney on Tuesday, after the AP/DVC registration opened up, so they could register separately and guarantee their spots.

I heard this but I’m not 100% confident in rD contacting everyone. From talking to my sister it doesn’t seem she had received a link yet. Hopefully she has now. Either way, I’ve been wanting to do a little lighter schedule and to focus on one race for a while. This is the perfect year for that plan.

DH is Perfectly Goofy. No link has shown up for him. We are anxiously looking for one. Then we can focus on getting my spot on Tuesday.

SAFD: I realize that I'm well past Sunday, and the discussion has changed, but I wanted to get mine in--

non-rDisney:

--the trip after DS got scuba certified, and got to dive in the tanks at Epcot while we watched. I think he was 14 at the time.
--the trip when other DS was a toddler, and met Suzy Mouse. He was enthralled with her. I cherish the pictures.
--two different trips when we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Garden Grill.
--the year we surprised the boys with a trip. We packed for them, woke them up, and put them in the car. We made funny things like an "Elephant Driver's License" with their school pictures so they could show the CMs when they rode Dumbo.

rDisney:

--my first Princess in 2013. It was my first ever HM (and I thought it would be my only--I've done several dozen since!) Turning the corner and seeing the castle lit up, running down Main Street while DH cheered for me and the Christmas lights twinkled is something I'll never forget.
--going back the next year and doing the Glass Slipper.
--running the nighttime W&Ds with DH, experiencing the Disco Tunnel and Osborne lights.
--finishing my first full in 2016. Going back for 2019 and 2020.
--having DS (the one who scuba dived, now 24) coming with us and doing the half.
--all the planning, making costumes, being on the Boards, daydreaming of the upcoming trip--and then deciding to stay an extra couple of nights because we could.

Hey everyone - new member here so I thought I’d introduce myself. Signed up for the marathon yesterday. Was undecided going into it. Maybe goofy, maybe dopey...marathon was all that was left so I took it! :-) It will be my first RunDisney event and my first time back racing since 2015. I’ve spent the recent years being pregnant and raising little humans, and supporting my husband in his endurance races. I’m a little nervous about diving straight into the marathon distance and the FL heat but luckily I have a lot of time to train. I’ve been enjoying reading through everyone’s posts and so thankful for the info that’s shared. Hoping I can get a half in before the deadline for POT but around here races have been cancelled all the way into September. Anyone else in the same boat? Looking forward to following everyone’s training and good luck to those of you aiming to register next week!

Hey everyone - new member here so I thought I’d introduce myself. Signed up for the marathon yesterday. Was undecided going into it. Maybe goofy, maybe dopey...marathon was all that was left so I took it! :-) It will be my first RunDisney event and my first time back racing since 2015. I’ve spent the recent years being pregnant and raising little humans, and supporting my husband in his endurance races. I’m a little nervous about diving straight into the marathon distance and the FL heat but luckily I have a lot of time to train. I’ve been enjoying reading through everyone’s posts and so thankful for the info that’s shared. Hoping I can get a half in before the deadline for POT but around here races have been cancelled all the way into September. Anyone else in the same boat? Looking forward to following everyone’s training and good luck to those of you aiming to register next week!
Welcome! You’ll enjoy this group, and find lots of good advice here. The marathon will be a blast!

Welcome! Also from WI here.

SAFD: I realize that I'm well past Sunday, and the discussion has changed, but I wanted to get mine in--

non-rDisney:

--the trip after DS got scuba certified, and got to dive in the tanks at Epcot while we watched. I think he was 14 at the time.
--the trip when other DS was a toddler, and met Suzy Mouse. He was enthralled with her. I cherish the pictures.
--two different trips when we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Garden Grill.
--the year we surprised the boys with a trip. We packed for them, woke them up, and put them in the car. We made funny things like an "Elephant Driver's License" with their school pictures so they could show the CMs when they rode Dumbo.

rDisney:

--my first Princess in 2013. It was my first ever HM (and I thought it would be my only--I've done several dozen since!) Turning the corner and seeing the castle lit up, running down Main Street while DH cheered for me and the Christmas lights twinkled is something I'll never forget.
--going back the next year and doing the Glass Slipper.
--running the nighttime W&Ds with DH, experiencing the Disco Tunnel and Osborne lights.
--finishing my first full in 2016. Going back for 2019 and 2020.
--having DS (the one who scuba dived, now 24) coming with us and doing the half.
--all the planning, making costumes, being on the Boards, daydreaming of the upcoming trip--and then deciding to stay an extra couple of nights because we could.
I just realized that I wrote about the Christmas lights in February. Oops! That would be mixing two different memories into something I said I’d never forget. Perhaps I should remember accurately first! Either way, both are very nice memories, of running Princess, and of running with Christmas lights.

Has there been any announcement as to a severe limitation on the number of entrants for each Marathon Weekend race due to Covid-19?
The reason I ask is because of the concern of some on the board about the urgency to sign up for the single Marathon, JUST IN CASE!
Typically the marathon doesn't sell out until very late in the year. I remember signing up on December 13th a few years back.
I know that is no longer viable, but still.
Is there really any reason that someone needs to panic when the aren't doing the Dopey, 5K, or 10K?

Woot Woot WI! Welcome!

Has there been any announcement as to a severe limitation on the number of entrants for each Marathon Weekend race due to Covid-19?
The reason I ask is because of the concern of some on the board about the urgency to sign up for the single Marathon, JUST IN CASE!
Typically the marathon doesn't sell out until very late in the year. I remember signing up on December 13th a few years back.
I know that is no longer viable, but still.
Is there really any reason that someone needs to panic when the aren't doing the Dopey, 5K, or 10K?
No announcement but that’s the large assumption.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter