• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2020

Thanks for the fun run suggestions. As we get closer to the race, I'll post a chart with the "opportunities", the mile number, and the time it opens. Then, knowing your corral (start time) and your estimated pace, you can get some idea of what is possible. For example, @rteetz posted that he arrived at EE about 20 minutes before it opened and had to decide whether to hang around or not.

Thanks for the fun run suggestions. As we get closer to the race, I'll post a chart with the "opportunities", the mile number, and the time it opens. Then, knowing your corral (start time) and your estimated pace, you can get some idea of what is possible. For example, @rteetz posted that he arrived at EE about 20 minutes before it opened and had to decide whether to hang around or not.
Yeah and it really depends on the year. Sometimes things open earlier than other times.

SAFD Celebrations: I prefer a sit down meal because it involves a guaranteed reservation. I've dined at various places with varying degrees of success. No post race celebratory meal has ever been bad, but I've learned that my first post race meal is always an adventure at Disney World. I'm not sure what I'll feel like and sometimes my 6 month ago choice was perfect and other times I should have waited. I'm beginning to wonder if selecting the first post race meal based off the dessert menu is the way to go.

Other post race traditions involve medal photos in the parks and character medal photos, but I don't make a point to seek out every single character. I focus on my favorite characters and include race appropriate characters where applicable.

This is something I've made in the past. More than willing to do it again or pass the torch. See attached example from 2018.

Attachments

• 2018 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2017_12_28 FINAL 2.pdf
    963.1 KB · Views: 33

SAFD: After both my marathons, went to MK in the afternoon with all-you-can eat at Liberty Tavern for dinner. I like MK because it's the heart of Disney and easy to get around, and Liberty has just the right food for post-marathon: tons of carbs in the stuffing and potatoes. If I make it back this year, I'll do the same.

SAFD: After both my marathons, went to MK in the afternoon with all-you-can eat at Liberty Tavern for dinner. I like MK because it's the heart of Disney and easy to get around, and Liberty has just the right food for post-marathon: tons of carbs in the stuffing and potatoes. If I make it back this year, I'll do the same.
That’s my plan for after the Star Wars half this year!

This is something I've made in the past. More than willing to do it again or pass the torch. See attached example from 2018.

Billy, that looks fantastic; please don't pass the torch to me as I don't think I could duplicate your effort! Your chart, along with a "comprehensive" list of opportunities would be perfect for me, and I hope for others as well. Fortunately, we have about 10 months to figure it out.

Hopefully I can join in on the fun of this thread! Just finished Princess Weekend and looking forward to tackling Marathon #2 in 2020! Trying to decide between running Goofy or The Sweetheart Challenge (10K and marathon- I think @ZellyB deserves the credit on that name?). Excited to train alongside you guys!
Welcome! Keep us posted on what you decide!

I like getting brought into the discussion because of shots. #OfficialPreRaceShotDistributor
Seriously (not really), I’d like to know how alcohol affects people if taken:
  1. The eve of a race
  2. During a race
  3. Right after a race
In other words, when running Dopey, when should my last drink be and when do I resume? I am slightly affraid of the dehydration/alcohol combo but I don’t see it being a problem on the 5k or 10k and I once had a beer after a Half (I was not driving and I had not pushed that one). I wouldn’t want to offend #OfficialPreRaceShotDistributor or any other DISer by not participating!

1. The eve of a race
  2. During a race
  3. Right after a race
In other words, when running Dopey, when should my last drink be and when do I resume? I am slightly affraid of the dehydration/alcohol combo but I don’t see it being a problem on the 5k or 10k and I once had a beer after a Half (I was not driving and I had not pushed that one). I wouldn’t want to offend #OfficialPreRaceShotDistributor or any other DISer by not participating!

Those the three times I drink during Dopey. A beer or two the night before, a beer at Thirsty River Bar at mile 13, one more in Germany and/or a margarita in Mexico, and then several parking lot beers once across the finish line. Aside from making me want to sign up each year, I don't see any ill effects.

1. The eve of a race
  2. During a race
  3. Right after a race

When I ran Dopey, my only regret was not buying two beers in Germany during the marathon. It tasted so good I guzzled it and then had to make myself stop so I would have some left for my finish line photo. :P

My last rd race was the final night wine and dine(I’ve been signed up for several since, but missed them for one reason or a baby). The only problem I had drinking after the race was not being able to get them quick enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter