Marathon Weekend 2020

I made some of my votes based on the Disneyland version of the attraction. Should be interesting to see. Star Tours might win the day for me although the Disneyland Space Mountain is my favorite roller coaster of all time. I like the Florida version of Space Mountain, but it's not close to its Anaheim counterpart.

Do any non-DVC people have their hotel booked for Marathon weekend? My normal travel agent isn’t booking anything special for MW this year and I won’t know if I’ll have DVC points avail in April. I just checked Wine and Dine weekend and there is not much DVC availability so I’m nervous about MW.
My travel agent had a bib offer for marathon weekend, but it had to be booked by today. Opting to save money this time and stay at All Star Movies. I'm having a twinge of regret now, but with a second trip already planned for Rival Run 2020, I think it's the right decision. I've never stayed at All Star Movies before though so I think that will be fun.

Wow...this is great, and tough. Will it turn into a coaster love-in, or will some unique, yet unthrilling attractions have a chance? My toughest choice is Mickey's Philharmagic vs RnR Coaster. While, I love the coaster, I think MP is one of the best 3D shows in the parks. Decisions, decisions.....

Seriously (not really), I’d like to know how alcohol affects people if taken:
  1. The eve of a race
  2. During a race
  3. Right after a race
In other words, when running Dopey, when should my last drink be and when do I resume? I am slightly affraid of the dehydration/alcohol combo but I don’t see it being a problem on the 5k or 10k and I once had a beer after a Half (I was not driving and I had not pushed that one). I wouldn’t want to offend #OfficialPreRaceShotDistributor or any other DISer by not participating!

All the power to those can drink before, during, and immediately after a race, but I can only drink well after. I am not sure a beer or glass of wine the night will make a big difference as long as you hydrate enough after and you leave enough time. As far as during, it sounds fun, but in practice it makes the run harder-and I’m not a great runner to begin with. Alcohol typicically slows recovery and forces your body to work harder. As far as after, it still slows recovery, but if I don’t have a serious run/race for awhile I will go for it. If it is at a race sometimes I will drink, but if I have run hard enough I usually don’t want to. I got a beer after my last race and after two sips, I sat it down. I wanted it, but it just made me feel sick to my stomach. By that evening, however, I am ready for some fun.

. Do any non-DVC people have their hotel booked for Marathon weekend? My normal travel agent isn’t booking anything special for MW this year and I won’t know if I’ll have DVC points avail in April. I just checked Wine and Dine weekend and there is not much DVC availability so I’m nervous about MW.

I have Pop Century booked. I'm considering Port Orleans too, but I have always loved staying at Pop and with the gondolas coming, I'm looking forward to staying there again.

Super fun idea to forget it's freezing out for a few minutes with the bracket. Some were so hard to choose, others super easy. I am one (and maybe only one) who did not pick Flight of Passage. I like it, but it goes on too long and I start to get ill & want off, but then it's opponent was Figment, it's like the total underdog especially it's current version.

Good morning, runDisney all-stars!

March is here and that means Spring is (hopefully) around the corner, along with warmer days, grass instead of snow and, of course, a little March Madness. Now, we might not all be college basketball fans, but I suspect most of us Disney fans. With that in mind, for an entire month's worth of Sundays are for Disney, I present ... Walt Disney World March Madness!

Great idea! My votes are in with some tough choices made.

Seriously (not really), I’d like to know how alcohol affects people if taken:
  1. The eve of a race
  2. During a race
  3. Right after a race

Obviously like many things, your mileage may vary on stuff like this...

For me, absolutely no issues having a drink the night before. As for after, thinking of a good bourbon waiting for me is often times what keeps me motivated in the late miles (sad but I've actually had the mantra "bourbon and a shower" in late miles before). That being said, I have a hard time drinking during. I find that when I drink a beer during I feel like my stomach is the can shaking the beer up the rest of the run.

I’ve had hard alcohol during one race but that was the race that I had to deal with my dog dying during it. My time was my personal worst but pretty sure the alcohol wasn’t what caused that.

We’ve split bottles of wine before races but we make sure we’re also having lots of water as well. Doesn’t seem to affect us race day.

I made some of my votes based on the Disneyland version of the attraction. Should be interesting to see. Star Tours might win the day for me although the Disneyland Space Mountain is my favorite roller coaster of all time. I like the Florida version of Space Mountain, but it's not close to its Anaheim counterpart.

My travel agent had a bib offer for marathon weekend, but it had to be booked by today. Opting to save money this time and stay at All Star Movies. I'm having a twinge of regret now, but with a second trip already planned for Rival Run 2020, I think it's the right decision. I've never stayed at All Star Movies before though so I think that will be fun.

Different strokes for different folks! I adore the Florida version of Space Mountain but was pretty lukewarm on the California version. It's a fun coaster, but there's something about the bobsled style coaster that makes it stand out for me; the California version reminds me more of roller coasters I can ride elsewhere.

Super fun idea to forget it's freezing out for a few minutes with the bracket. Some were so hard to choose, others super easy. I am one (and maybe only one) who did not pick Flight of Passage. I like it, but it goes on too long and I start to get ill & want off, but then it's opponent was Figment, it's like the total underdog especially it's current version.

I did pick FoP, and if it had been nearly anything else opposite it I think I would not have. I like FoP but motion simulators in general don't do a lot for me anymore. I have trouble believing the illusion and getting into it. Journey into Imagination, though...I voted everything based on current versions and while it's a fun little ride it's not among my favorites.

As an aside...I never got to ride the original Journey into Imagination, and for ages I've assumed I missed it by years. I was reading about it this week, though, and discovered that it closed on October 10, 1998. My first visit to WDW was the last week of October in 1998. I'm just...I'm really mad about that now.

I did pick FoP, and if it had been nearly anything else opposite it I think I would not have. I like FoP but motion simulators in general don't do a lot for me anymore. I have trouble believing the illusion and getting into it. Journey into Imagination, though...I voted everything based on current versions and while it's a fun little ride it's not among my favorites.

I’m interested to see how FoP does in the tournament. I appreciate what it has accomplished from a technical and theming standpoint, but the ride left me feeling sick.

I have Pop Century booked. I'm considering Port Orleans too, but I have always loved staying at Pop and with the gondolas coming, I'm looking forward to staying there again.
I have the reverse this time: My mom is coming and has fear of heights. I am avoiding Pop and the gondolas resorts just in case they reduce the bus service... I am waiting for TA to get some form of deal or group rates. My ideal would be BC but if completely unavailable/unaffordable by the time we get the bibs, I will likely choose POFQ.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter