• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm curious to know what you would want, non-alcoholic, that isn't already supplied by the race? I know @KSellers88 would want Sprite. If I were to choose something non-alcoholic, I would probably want La Croix...
During long runs, I would sell the Little Mermaid’s voice for a slightly flat real coke. I’m not even much of a soda drinker regularly, but for some reason Coke becomes my fuel of choice. I stopped at an auto supply store during mile 15 of a 16 mile training run once for a Coke, much to the amazement of my running partner (who ran the last 8, so maybe just not thirsty yet.). I heard a Q&A with Jeff Galloway recently, and that’s his thing as well. I guess it’s just the cold shot of sugar?

During long runs, I would sell the Little Mermaid’s voice for a slightly flat real coke. I’m not even much of a soda drinker regularly, but for some reason Coke becomes my fuel of choice. I stopped at an auto supply store during mile 15 of a 16 mile training run once for a Coke, much to the amazement of my running partner (who ran the last 8, so maybe just not thirsty yet.). I heard a Q&A with Jeff Galloway recently, and that’s his thing as well. I guess it’s just the cold shot of sugar?
I get it. I often reach a point where I just don't like the taste of water or powerade any more. It's also why I think that during a half, pretzels or licorice and the like suddenly taste like the best food ever.

Me too! I actually drink Coke before races (well not right before). I'll skip coffee and so get some caffeine from the Coke, the sugar, some sodium and the carbonation helps settle my stomach nerves! I'm pretty sure I could handle slightly flat Coke on course too as sometimes I want carbonation if I have an upset stomach running but hate running with my bottle in races. Normally I only drink Diet Coke rarely but if it's a race I want the sugar. Same with after the race I'll take a regular Coke or Cherry Coke (of just keep filling my mug at the resort if it's at Disney).

Anyone remember All-Sport - the sports drink with some carbonation. I miss it.

Ooh thanks!! Looks like a good one :)
popcorn::DD told me that if I go to back to runDisney, she is coming with me and running the 10k. Glad to read it is a good one. Would you recommend her the 5k as well or is it redundant?

Edit: Found the maps, one early morning run around Epcot will be enough for her.

Last edited:

How can you drink a Coke after a run?
One year after the Disney Marathon they gave away Cokes and Sprites at the finish line along with bananas and the goody box.
I thought a Coke sounded good so I started to drink one.
DOH! I doubled over in severe stomach pain. :(
Evidently the acid hit me hard.
Never again.
That said, real Coca-Cola is the only soft drink I enjoy.

Last edited:
How can you drink a Coke after a run?
One year after the Disney Marathon they gave away Cokes and Sprites at the finish line along with bananas and the goody box.
I thought a Coke sounded good so I started to drink one.
DOH! I doubled over in severe stomach pain. :(
Evidently the acid hit me hard.
Never again.
That said real Coca-Cola is the only soft drink I enjoy.
I don't know but it works for me, although I'm not downing it like seconds after finishing!

I drink Diet Mountain Dew and water nearly exclusively. The unfortunate truth is that I only added water to that equation when I started running. :sad2:

Hi! My name is tidefan and I am a Diet Coke addict!

I stopped drinking Diet Coke cold turkey about two years ago because I was just drinking WAY. TOO. MUCH. of it. Now, I really only have it if I get drive-through food while I'm driving a long distance, but the minute I take a sip I get goosebumps and the little hairs on my arms stand up and I just feel this feeling of euphoria come across me, like a junkie I guess. So yeah, Diet Coke addiction is real.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter