• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good morning, runDisney all-stars! Marathon weekend kicks off in 198 days!

Today's Sundays are for Disney question is which of the original, opening day attractions at Walt Disney World is your favorite? You can find the list of opening day attractions here.

I can't even imagine what Haunted Mansion would have been like back in 1971, but thanks to updates over the years, I think HM holds up really well and is still one of my favorites at WDW.

Have a great week, everyone!

Sundays are for Disney:

I like a few of the opening day attractions. Jungle Cruise, Tea Cups, Peter Pan, Dumbo, etc. Somewhat reluctantly Haunted Mansion has even grown on me. But my most magical experience every time I’m in Disney is walking through the entrance, seeing the sights and sounds on Main Street, USA, and just taking everything in.

Also, Happily Ever After is the natural progression of the opening day fireworks, so maybe I’d go with that.

SAFD:
Well, I'm from Queens, so I think my borough will disown me if I don't say it's a small world (even though the original is at Disneyland and has been desecrated with Disney characters and the WDW one is just a copy).
Funnily enough, I'm going to the Mets game today, so I'll be right near the former site of the original it's a small world.

During long runs, I would sell the Little Mermaid’s voice for a slightly flat real coke. I’m not even much of a soda drinker regularly, but for some reason Coke becomes my fuel of choice. I stopped at an auto supply store during mile 15 of a 16 mile training run once for a Coke, much to the amazement of my running partner (who ran the last 8, so maybe just not thirsty yet.). I heard a Q&A with Jeff Galloway recently, and that’s his thing as well. I guess it’s just the cold shot of sugar?
I ran a 10K as part of the Cape Town Marathon course and I’m not kidding, the fluid station had baggies of Coke alongside water. It’s actually treated as race fuel in South Africa.

Today's Sundays are for Disney question is which of the original, opening day attractions at Walt Disney World is your favorite? You can find
If we are just talking about opening day at the Magic Kingdom/WDW then I would say Haunted Mansion. While slightly different from the original at Disneyland, it is equally as good (well...until DL one upped WDW with the hatbox ghost. He's amazing!)

If we are considering the opening day attractions at othe WDW parks, Living with the Land. Who remembers when you had an actual CM as your guide?!? That was a quality Epcot attraction!

If we are just talking about opening day at the Magic Kingdom/WDW then I would say Haunted Mansion. While slightly different from the original at Disneyland, it is equally as good (well...until DL one upped WDW with the hatbox ghost. He's amazing!)

If we are considering the opening day attractions at othe WDW parks, Living with the Land. Who remembers when you had an actual CM as your guide?!? That was a quality Epcot attraction!
Yes, I remember the CMs on Living with the Land, but honestly don't miss them. Some of our last rides with CMs, they were terrible, one I think maybe it was his last day, kept swinging on the side poles & really not doing his role at all. Some others sounded like they wanted to be anywhere else but there, just very blah. So, I think maybe it was for the best they went to the recording in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter