Marathon Weekend 2018

they are casual shoes, not running.

the "dwarfs" are pretty much just the colors with Snow White having a bow and the witch a crown to distinguish.

on your comment, yes, they need to have a dopey running shoe. hahaha
I know they aren't for running. Either way I wouldn't get those they are not appealing whatsoever. I hope they figure out something. I have come to really like New Balance and it appears to be pretty certain they aren't coming back.

So we are a month away from our arrival and for some reason I remember knowing my bib number by this point. This will be our 4th Disney Marathon (2nd Dopey). Or am I misremembering?

Sunday question - POR. Loved POFQ so much in '16, that we wanted to try a different resort but still be close to FQ ;).

All star sports here. Waitlisted for Poly and Kidani but it is looking somewhat not going to happen at this point. Have stayed at Sports in the past so its not overly saddening.

For those that have had the early entry to the expo before - is it only early entry for the bib pick up and runDisney merch, or are all the other merchants also open during the Wednesday morning?

How many of you guys utilize your kitchen?

This is our second year at Saratoga Springs. We make good use of the kitchen. Coffee, pre-race breakfast, quick breakfast items for non-runners (bars, cereal, frozen items), lunch of sandwiches or frozen pizzas, pasta dinners. And storage of post-race carb reloading beverages.

We only have 1 ADR this year and not even sure we'll go to a park, so the kitchen is a must.

For those that have had the early entry to the expo before - is it only early entry for the bib pick up and runDisney merch, or are all the other merchants also open during the Wednesday morning?
If I am remembering correctly, I think everything (all the vendor booths and runDisney merch) was open for early entry.

Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?
Port Orleans - Riverside. This is my first time staying at either of the Port Orleans and it's a Royal Room. I'm super excited about this because my friends picked it in part because Tiana is my favorite Disney princess and in part because none of us have stayed there.

I will say I'm jealous of the BC/YC group because that's kind of my favorite hotel but it's a bit out of the price range this year.

POR/POFQ 0. This surprises me as that’s usually a popular destination.
I'll be repping for POR.

So... how much fun can DD27 and I have NOT doing parks? Is anyone else doing this or done this in the past and what did you do? We are there from Wednesday thru Tuesday afternoon. :confused:

I did Dopey #2 (and quite a few other runDisney weekends) without park tickets. Lots to do, Kind of lets you focus on the races too.

Where are you staying for Marathon weekend?

We are staying at All Star Sports. I am thinking of renting points from a friend for a 1BR DVC post Dopey....splurge.

Lots of people staying DVC/Villas! How many of you guys utilize your kitchen? Do you cook some of your preferred running meals to play it safe? Or do you eat out and enjoy a chore free vacation regardless?

I use the fridge and washer/dryer more than the stove. I don't 'cook' at Disney. About the furthest I would go is putting a Stouffer's in the oven.

Port Orleans - Riverside. This is my first time staying at either of the Port Orleans and it's a Royal Room. I'm super excited about this because my friends picked it in part because Tiana is my favorite Disney princess and in part because none of us have stayed there.

We stayed at POR 2 years ago when we took our daughter to Disney for the first time and stayed in a Royal room. Super nice rooms. Love all of the little "Disney" things they hide in them. Plus it is a very pretty walk back to the main resort area. Walking around POR at night was one of my favorite parts of the trip. We had gone in December so we saw all of the Christmas lights. They should still be up I'm sure!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter