• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2018

Staying at WL BR, looks like only ones there right now. Am I missing something, is this not a good spot for race weekends? Was hoping for Boardwalk or Beach Club but those are tough to get for this weekend. Still stalking DVC page trying to find openings. One seller for WL was the post race feast at Whispering Canyon.
Hi we stayed there Marathon weekend 2015. It was nice, very relaxing. The only issue at all was that DH had a hard time getting around to spectate with WL as a jumping off point. Beach Club was much easier for example. I had no problem with the race or expo buses though. It will be nice!

Another reason to always carry your own race nutrition. When I started running 10 years ago, I tried to use sportbeans. But I quickly found that the idea/fact/mechanics/zen of chewing while running was not gonna work for me. Nor was drinking vast quantities of sports drink. Gels work,but I have to say, I am not a fan of either Gu or Clif (too thick), so unless Disney decides to do PowerGels, I'll bring my own!
PowerGels are my choice too.

Now that corral information is on the horizon, I'm prepping the DIS List for everyone that runs during the weekend. I put together the list which includes all sorts of information that one may find helpful for the weekend including costumes, corrals, early/late arrivers, where you plan to line up, expected pace, estimated start time, estimated time to milestones (like Cinderella castle) and estimated finish time of day. In prep, I have two questions that will be helpful for coming up with the 2018 version:

1) If you ran Dopey in 2017, what was your 5k/10k corral and HM/M corral? I use this information to help determine 2018 Dopey Corral assignments into 5k/10k assignments which helps with my timing. While 2016 was not equal to 2017, it helps some to have 2017 official info. For example, I was in Corral B last year for the HM/M and Corral A for the 5k/10k.

2) If you ran either the 5k or 10k as a solo event in 2017 (not a Dopey bib), what was your estimated pace based on your registration (still available on Active.com by selecting "My Events" and "Past Events") and what corral were you assigned? I'm trying to see if I can find a correlation between Dopey bib assignments, the pace estimation of solo 5k/10k runners, and the final assignments for both.

While each year is individualistic based on the runners who have entered for that particular year, it should enable me to make relatively close guesses. Thank you in advance for your help.

Now that corral information is on the horizon, I'm prepping the DIS List for everyone that runs during the weekend. I put together the list which includes all sorts of information that one may find helpful for the weekend including costumes, corrals, early/late arrivers, where you plan to line up, expected pace, estimated start time, estimated time to milestones (like Cinderella castle) and estimated finish time of day. In prep, I have two questions that will be helpful for coming up with the 2018 version:

1) If you ran Dopey in 2017, what was your 5k/10k corral and HM/M corral? I use this information to help determine 2018 Dopey Corral assignments into 5k/10k assignments which helps with my timing. While 2016 was not equal to 2017, it helps some to have 2017 official info. For example, I was in Corral B last year for the HM/M and Corral A for the 5k/10k.

2) If you ran either the 5k or 10k as a solo event in 2017 (not a Dopey bib), what was your estimated pace based on your registration (still available on Active.com by selecting "My Events" and "Past Events") and what corral were you assigned? I'm trying to see if I can find a correlation between Dopey bib assignments, the pace estimation of solo 5k/10k runners, and the final assignments for both.

While each year is individualistic based on the runners who have entered for that particular year, it should enable me to make relatively close guesses. Thank you in advance for your help.
Looks like for Dopey last year, I was in corral C for the 5k/10k and corral H for the Half/Full.

Btw, I love how active this thread is lately with all the excitement.

No joke, I don't usually check on weekends so this morning I had almost 10 pages to go through.

Sundays Question: We are fortunate enough to be staying at Shades of Green. Although we miss out on some of the "Disney" aspects it is a better fit for us.

I also look forward to the @DopeyBadger spreadsheet, and thank you for all the time and effort.

5K/10K I was in E. Half and Full I was in L

Sorry, I was gone for the weekend. I'm staying at Port Orleans Riverside too! Did my 18 miler yesterday. I feel surprisingly good today with just a little bit of quad soreness but not too bad :) Only one more super long run left for me, 20 miles in 2 weeks.

Corral A for the 5k/10k and Corral E for the HM/M.

5k/10k B
HM/M H

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter