Marathon Weekend 2018

Struggle-face Mickey maybe? The side they show has him crossing the finish line with the words "You Can Do It!".

++++++++++++++++

The REAL question ... how many luggage tags are we going to get this year?
OMG LOL!

Love love love!!! So sparkly and the ribbons look really nice too! Agree that Goofy is my least favorite, but I actually adore that Dopey medal! That is the iconic Dopey image, with him holding the gemstones up to his eyes, so perfect! :love:

Am I the only one that feels like Mickey is a "medal-bomber"? I mean, does he have to be on every medal?

That said, I really like Dopey and damn well better finish the race to get it! (Oh wait, it's Disney. You don't have to finish........)

Actually the challenges you have to finish all the legs to get the challenge medals.

I like the Goofy medal most of all. The others are too "busy" and I've never been a fan of primary colors. I'm running the Half and I think it's the worst of the bunch.

Oh my gosh I love these medals! Like most everyone else, Goofy appears to be my least favorite but who knows once I see them all in person.

So now that I'm looking at the them for longer. I feel like I can provide a better analysis of my feelings on them.

- 5k: My only disappointment is that it isn't just Pluto on this medal but that's because Pluto is my favorite. That being said despite the fact that Mickey and Pluto are running the same direction (as opposed to the opposite directions on the 10k and the Half) it feels cohesive with the rest of the set.
- 10k: Love the sparkle. I kind of wish they had more color on Minnie and Mickey so I could see who was who at first glance instead of searching for the bow on that reflective surface. Also, this and the 5k medal don't have that it is the anniversary year for these races which seems odd but maybe they just want to focus on the marathon.
- Half Marathon: Fits in with the others. Not much to say here.
- Marathon:I think this may be my least favorite. I feel like the full color Mickey with the 'You Can Do It' is a little much. Of course I can do it Mickey. I just ran 26.2 miles to earn the medal saying I can.
- Goofy: On the one hand I really like this. I think the shape is cool. What I dislike is that it's the only one that shape. If you just run the Goofy that's cool because you get two round medals and one cool shaped one. Put it in the middle for display purposes. If you run Dopey however, you end up with a bunch of round medals and this one medal that sticks out because it haddddd to be different.
- Dopey: So I like this overall. I almost wish the gems were Dopey green instead because it would look less out of place but overall a nice and round medal.
- Castaway Cay Challenge: Really nice. Not much else to say.

I like them all, but I like bling, so there's that. :)

Not so sure I love Goofy, but it's not as bad as last year's half one. LOVE Dopey and LOVE the marathon medal. Overall, I'm super happy. I don't see any of these usurping my 20th anniversary Mickey medal though as favorite of all time.

- Marathon:I think this may be my least favorite. I feel like the full color Mickey with the 'You Can Do It' is a little much. Of course I can do it Mickey. I just ran 26.2 miles to earn the medal saying I can.

I know, I'm so tired of the 'I did it' everywhere. But DW had a theory that the other side of the spinner says "If you can dream it..." If true, that would make it awesome.

To be honest while I like the Dopey medal I am a bit surprised it's not a spinner. Since runDisney seems to like to do spinners with anniversary races.

To be honest while I like the Dopey medal I am a bit surprised it's not a spinner. Since runDisney seems to like to do spinners with anniversary races.

I was hoping for a spinner as well. Just have to wait for the 10th anniversary I guess

Sigh...the medals look amazing, you guys. I’m especially bummed to not be running this year, but I hope the keep the color splashed on the medals in the future. It really makes them pop.

I love that Marathon medal!! I think it's a cute theme that Mickey is present on all of them. Not sure about Dopey yet, will need to see it in person..it's very SDMT.

I like them all except for Goofy
Goofy looks similar in design to the Half Marathon medal from this year.
This. For exactly the same reason!

for the design and color of the race shirts!
YES! I think I am almost more excited to see the shirts than the medals...is there anything we can read into the potential design based on the look of the medals?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter