Mama Jean's Lawn Displays 2008 Update Page 11 Post 165 - Stick a fork in it. lol

Count me in as another official member of the Mama Jean Fan Club!!! :thumbsup2

I have tears in my eyes, but not from laughter! I am truly touched that this woman goes out of her way to make people in her community happy! She sounds like an amazing woman, and I wish I could meet her. I would consider myself blessed to know such a wonderful soul. Thanks, T&Pfan for turning this into more of a "tribute" than a place to make fun of an "accentric" woman. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

I cannot wait for Easter, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY cannot wait to see her on Ellen! :yay:

-Christal

Any chance of getting a pic of Mama Jean?

Does she know she has an Internet following?

Does she need supplies? I probably have some stuff kicking around the house that she could use!

I LOVE the Kermit display!

I'd love to see a picture of her also!
And the supplies donation sounds like a great idea too! :thumbsup2

Kermits..........I was racking my brain trying to think of what she would do, but I never imagined Kermits.........she is truly an original thinker. :lmao:

Mama Jean is famous. And she was much needed. :thumbsup2

I wonder where she stores all this stuff?

That tower of Kermits is wonderful. Thank you Mama Jean.

I love it! It is amazing the amount of work she puts into these displays. Thanks for sharing!

I agree, we need a pic of Mama Jean! ::yes:: :bounce: :shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

I laughed so hard I was crying, and nearly shot Gatorade out of my nose!:rotfl2: My (homeschooled) kids were in the other room asking:"Mommy, are you OK???"
I just want to know if she's gonna have time to get Easter decorations up, as it is only a week after St. Patty's day.
Seriously though, if her goal is to brighten somebody's day, she has DEFINITELY done that!

Love the Kermits!!

I must say she does put a lot of work into all of this. I don't even put christmas lights up :confused3

Hey! You switched threads on us! I am glad I found this again. Thank you so much for posting these. I am in the Mama Jean fan club too!

Love the Kermits!!!! Please keep us posted on Easter!:cheer2:

Thanks for posting more photos and letting know her name-I feel like I am getting to know Mama Jean:)

Hooray for Mama Jean! :yay:

Thanks, Lindy, for keeping us updated! :goodvibes I hope you have more chance meetings with Mama Jean so you can tell her how much joy her displays bring to folks!

Clapping my hands with exitement like Eddie Murphy in "The Nutty Professor" when he plays the mother. "Yea Ma Ma Jean! Yea Ma Ma Jean! "

OMG, those Kermits made me think of the book "Yertle the Turtle"...instead of stacked turtles, it's stacked frogs! Mama Jean's displays rock!

Hmmm...the displays haven't changed in style, but the posts have. Funny how different things are now that we have a real person to relate to. Does anyone else see the irony? :rolleyes1

TOTALLY LOVING MAMA JEAN!!!! The Tower of Kermits is Fantabulous! I am reminded of a story Stephen Hawking relates in A BRIEF HISTORY OF TIME:
“ A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down! ”

Who knows? Maybe it's frogs...

Kermit....seems a little happy to see us.....oh my!
155152SPD-011-Kermit-Package.jpg

OMG
th_thshocked.gif
Kirmee junk!:rotfl:
th_pimp.jpg

When you'd given the Disney hint, I wondered if it was our little green friend (Didn't expect the whole family!)
Thanks for the update! Hope Ellen picks her up!!
:thumbsup2

Bless Mama Jean's heart! I'm picturing this little old lady going through the store with a cart full of Kermits and enough plastic green hats for each one. Hee hee. She must spend all of her days planning and making these displays. Note the homemade felt hats for the Kermits, and the second one from the bottom seems to be a hand puppet for which she made that scarecrow-looking outfit. What a treasure she is! Thanks again for sharing. (I was also wondering if she knows that she has an internet following. And a fan club to boot!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter