Live Halloween trip

Have a safe trip home, if your bored on the transatlantic leg and the plane has wifi have a look for some flights for us :rotfl2:

safe trip home
thanks for taking us all along on your trip

we too are heading for a week in WDW next month

Have a safe trip home, if your bored on the transatlantic leg and the plane has wifi have a look for some flights for us :rotfl2:

No Wifi, I slept the whole flight. Woke for a bite to eat but it was poor food, meal almost cold, dry bread, margarine(I only eat butter on bread) so just went back to sleep, woke 45 mins from landing with breakfast, just ate the croissant with jam. I also slept most of the flight up from TPA to Chicago so in total over 7 hours sleep. Luggage was thru as soon as we got to the carousel, 10 min wait for Meet & Greet to return car, nice easy drive home, just under 3 hours.
Certainly worth flying from London again, £70 for petrol & £28 Travelodge but saved about £1,000 compared with MAN plus MAN were 2 stops or really bad flight times with 1 stop, we would not have paid MAN prices this time, just stayed at home.

Will finish off the last couple of days when I get chance.

No Wifi, I slept the whole flight. Woke for a bite to eat but it was poor food, meal almost cold, dry bread, margarine(I only eat butter on bread) so just went back to sleep, woke 45 mins from landing with breakfast, just ate the croissant with jam. I also slept most of the flight up from TPA to Chicago so in total over 7 hours sleep. Luggage was thru as soon as we got to the carousel, 10 min wait for Meet & Greet to return car, nice easy drive home, just under 3 hours.
Certainly worth flying from London again, £70 for petrol & £28 Travelodge but saved about £1,000 compared with MAN plus MAN were 2 stops or really bad flight times with 1 stop, we would not have paid MAN prices this time, just stayed at home.

Will finish off the last couple of days when I get chance.

Ha, I think margerine should be illegal unless requested. I can't stand the stuff. It's lurpak or bust :lmao:

When I was searching the other night, I also found a huge difference between London connections and the ones from MAN. I though MAN would be cheaper but we were talking hundreds of ££ difference. Of course that can change from one minute to the next but it definitely seems to be the current trend.

Glad you had a good trip and hope you feel well rested for it. Welcome back to the sunny UK .....

Welcome back Wayne. Sounds like you had a brilliant time! It's nice to do a trip with not much Disney for a break. We love Seaworld and Busch - I think we spent the most time in those parks when I went as a child.
:)

7 hours sleep - I managed about 1hr and DH and DD none!

DD has been asleep all day from 9.30am-til 6.30pm - was no waking her - will be an interesting night!

Thanks for setting up the dis meet - nice to meet you at last.

7 hours of sleep!!! wow! you must have been mighty tired to manage that!!!
I usually have to put headphones on with music to drown all the plane/people noise, not this time, closed my eyes and went, probably helped having an empty seat behind me, could lay back all the way without considering anyone.
I also knew I needed sleep to do the 3 hour drive home from London.

7 hours sleep - I managed about 1hr and DH and DD none!

DD has been asleep all day from 9.30am-til 6.30pm - was no waking her - will be an interesting night!

Thanks for setting up the dis meet - nice to meet you at last.

Welcome home, If we ever let Matt sleep we don't allow him more than 2-3 hours, he is never in the best mood but its the only way. this time he slept on the plane quite a bit so he has stayed up all day same as us.
I like to put faces to people I talk to online, usually better if more turn up but it was a very enjoyable hour.:goodvibes

Agree much better to stay up but was absolutely no waking her. She had been up til 1am at MNSSHP Thursday then no sleep at all Friday night.

She was absolutely dead to the world - kept checking she was ok and breathing!

Her hairdo from Bibbidi bobbidi boutique on thursday has survived - she is hoping to show Grandma tomorrow.

Pics from last Wednesday & Thursday.

Wednesday we went to IOA, WWoHP, Matt & Karen did the Forbidden Journey single rider, straight on. Picked up a couple of HP passholder pins which are quite nice, http://www.orlandounited.com/forums...-for-Universal-AP-Holders&p=196454#post196454

That evening spent an hour at DTD margarita bar for mini DISmeet, called at Xmas shop and Art of Disney (David E Doss was there with a display of his work) before going onto Chili's.

Frozen Butter Beer in Hogs Head
P1100363Medium.jpg

Starbucks in Universal
P1100375Medium.jpg

And Chili's
P1100392Medium.jpg

P1100393Medium.jpg

P1100394Medium.jpg

P1100395Medium.jpg

P1100396Medium.jpg

Last full day, Thursday. Geocaching this morning, Watertower at Celebration then into Celebration town and final one we found at the outlet on SR535. While in Celebration we had lunch at Market St Cafe.

P1100401Medium.jpg

Me in the field looking for the cache(it was in the tree)
P1100398Medium.jpg

P1100402Medium.jpg

Into Celebration
P1100405Medium.jpg

P1100404Medium.jpg

P1100407Medium.jpg

P1100408Medium.jpg

Lunch
P1100414Medium.jpg

P1100415Medium.jpg

P1100416Medium.jpg

P1100417Medium.jpg

Evening meal at Cheesecake factory, again best meal of the trip. For lunch best meal was Bubbalou's IMO.
P1100418Medium.jpg

P1100419Medium.jpg

P1100420Medium.jpg

P1100422Medium.jpg

I had lunch at Celebration, at the market street cafe also and had the same Philly Cheesesteak, best I had on my trip.

I dont think we have ever had lunch at Market Street Cafe but we have done breakfast there a few times. Really good food, and a nice relaxing way to spend a Sunday morning away from the parks.

Will you be able to wait that long ;)

Not much choice, Matt has A levels in Jan which rules out Xmas, I have to work Feb half term for Valentines day, Easter I have to work Good Friday which is right in the middle of the school holiday, May half term is around final A levels.

July 18th for 24 nights, 3 nights offsite then 21 nights at OKW & free DDP.:goodvibes

Ha ha, I glanced over that line and didn't read it properly at first glimpse, but it made me do a double take and re-read it properly. I saw "24 nights offsite" and "23 nights at OKW..." Thought you were perhaps emigrating :rotfl2:

I meant to say yesterday, there are a couple of really great photos of you and Matt together. :thumbsup2 You need a couple of you and Karen now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter