LIVE from Beach Club Villas!!!

Originally posted by peachgirl
From the postings here, it would seem that most DVC'ers think that if you rent points you're not entitled to much!

Peachgirl...I think you're way out of line with this quote!! Just because a couple of DVCers express an opinion of theirs, don't lump us all into one category. If you're renting points from someone that is their choice. They are giving those points up to you for a nominal fee, and thus you should receive every benefit a DVC member does.

By the way...daily cleanings aren't included in a DVC villa for members, but you can pay a nominal daily fee to get it if you want.

Brian

Peachgirl...I think you're way out of line with this quote!!

I hardly think so. In fact, if you'd read what I posted you'd see that I made sure not to lump all DVC'ers into one category. I said...."FROM THE POSTINGS HERE".

I wasn't speaking about the entire DVC community and since I was commenting on the posts that were in this thread I thought that was abundantly clear. Apparently not.

As far as renting the points for a "nominal" fee...We're booked through CRO and are paying less than if we had rented. So, if points are rented for a "nominal" fee...what would you call what I'm paying?

Hi,
I just want to say, "Save the laundry for when you get home. I will be married 22 years this August, I have 4 kids. I used to be like you, on vacation, have to do laundry. I know little kids go through a lot of clothes. I will only do it if absolutely necessary and it don't interrupt anything else.

But when we go on vacation, we unload out bags, put them in dressers, and then we proceed to put the dirty clothes in the bags.

This last trip to Florida, when I opened the bags, I just about fell over, but I quickly shut it up and forgot about it.

Ya, my machine runs at least 72 hours straight when I get home! My kids made me realize I was nuts to do laundry on vacation, actually my nickname is Laundry Queen. LOL

With a washer and dryer right in my room at no extra cost, I always go home with clean clothes. I can do a little each day or night when we get back to the room. Since I often get up early, I can put a load in and get it in the dryer before anyone else even gets up. And with 15 days for my trip this time, I will need that washer and dryer. I don't begin to own enough clothes to last that much time.

Erika, glad to see that you turned your "lemons" into "lemonade" :)

As far as laundry goes - I agree with the mentality that you're on vacation, no laundry....

but if it's sitting there, and it's free..... I may throw in a load to get back that Downy smell. ;)

We just didn't own enough shorts to have a clean pair everyday, and I refuse to wear sweaty old smelly park clothes. We had enough clothes for the first week, then I washed everything at the halfway point, and that lasted us the rest of the trip. :) But if I had 12 pairs of shorts I wouldn't have done the laundry. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter