LIVE from Beach Club Villas!!!

UH OH, We will be there in five days :eek: This is depressing news...I hope things get better for you :D

There is no excuse for the way you have been spoken to by employees of Disney.

Nothing irritates me more than when you experience a problem, report it to the appropriate person and then they try and throw it back in your lap or accuse you of lying. Completely unprofessional.

I know it is hard to look at anything in a good light when things get started off on the wrong foot.

I certainly wouldn't hesitate to speak to the manager again if you experience any more problems.

Oh, TgrLvsPooh, I feel terrible for the experience you're having. We had a somewhat similar experience on our first trip "home" after we bought-especially the attitudes of the CMs like "Why are you complaining. You should just be lucky to be here?" BCV? No, VWL! That trip ended with me dissolving in hysterical tears in MGM when my rejected room key for a charge was met with a "[sigh/shrug] I don't know why" when I called VWL. Yet, there are people on these boards who've had nothing but wonderful experiences at VWL. I went to BCV on my next trip (after seriously second-guessing my decision to have bought into DCV) and had a wonderful time. I even met one of the nicest CMs ever, the CM who brought up my luggage. But I'm so scared to go back-the attitudes of the CMs make such a difference! Please keep us posted. Hope something goes better there.

Hi Erika!

We're at the Poly for 6 nights in June and then back in July to a 2 bedroom at BCV - first time staying on a comeback rate.

We so love the Polynesian that I hoped not to be disappointed. After reading all of your posts, both from the Poly and BCV, I'm seriously considering changing resorts for our July trip. I realize with a 2 bedroom we'll have more room, but no a/c in July is not a fun thing.

Additionally, my kids are at the age where they love the pools and we're spoiled by the Poly where the pools are convenient to just about all the longhouses.

Do you feel the 2 bedroom would make your trip more enjoyable? We've also stayed in a 2 bedroom at OKW and are defintely spoiled by the size. Maybe we'll save a few bucks and return there.

Let's hope your trip improves! :D

Erika, I am really hoping that you have just run into a streak of bad luck that has ended and that the rest of your vacation has some magic.

I know that you have had some miserable luck, but would you mind posting what room your in, I know that several people over on the DVC board really look for those rare rooms over there with huge balconies. Thanks and sorry once again. I feel somewhat responsible since BCV is my home, but I never let me kids run in the hallways really!

I'm so sorry for all the problems you are having but I do think this is the exception, not the norm. We just came back from a 2 BR at BCV and it was wonderful. No problems at all. I don't think I would like a studio for 4 people. We stay in a studio often when it is just my husband and me. With children the washer/dryer in the 1BR and 2BR is so convenient.

We were at Disney for 37 days between middle of Nov. and middle of April. Everyone at BCV and BWV went out of their way to be helpful.

June

At this point, I would have insisted that they move me to a one-bedroom, or to another deluxe resort at no extra cost. I would have pitched such a fit in the front desk area that the manager would have to do SOMETHING. I could care less if management thought I was asking for too much. We all pay good money to stay in these resorts, and there is absolutely no reason why you should be made to feel that you are a bother. You are already 2 days into your stay and I know you have more nights to endure. I would ask to be moved to someplace that better suits your needs. (But that's me). If I have to ask once for something, it's OK. Twice, I'll let it slide. But four or five times? That's absolutely unacceptable.

Erika, I hope it gets better! We're thinking about staying at BCV in January (2BR), but now I'm nervious. Maybe we should stay at a different DVC resort (cause I can't make up my mind to begin with!). Which DVC's have you stayed at?

Erika, I am so sorry that you havr had such a difficult time. It seems that some people have a bad stay at a resort while others seem to have it perfect. We were at BCV in jan and have no complaints and can,t wait to go back.
I do think that when you have come from a deluxe hotel and go to DVC you must be prepared for the lack of daily housekeeping. I also feel the studios are small except at OKW. If you are used to 1 bedrooms it is difficult to go back to a studio. This may be some of the disatisfaction you are having.

There is no excuse for unclean rooms, rude managers etc. I am sorry you had to deal with this. I hope that things get better.

Barb

Oh my goodness! These problems are unacceptable and I can't believe the attitude of management! I would definitely make a list with all pertinent information including names of anyone and everyone involved. There was a thread which listed important addresses for writing letters. I'm sure you could do a search for it.

We will be going home to BCV for the first time in June and now I'm concerned about the issues. I can understand running out of laundry detergent and even the A/C being broken but after numerous phone calls, the CMs should've been more accommodating! Your first room was dirty! You didn't make it that way and someone should've checked it before you were given the key.

Keep us posted on the rest of your trip. So sorry it's not what you expected.

Annmarie

Please do keep track of things. One person you really should contact when you get back is Jackie Lueders, DVC Member Satisfaction Manager (I think that's her title). Be sure to let her know that if renting points, treatment like that definitely does NOT make one want to be a DVC member. Also, current DVC members might have second thoughts about whether being a member is a good idea after treatment like that. She called me to discuss my concerns (Unfortunately, though, one was also that we'd been given a Handicapped-Accessible room without being told). I also received a call from a manager at VWL who'd been contacted by her and given instructions to call me and discuss the situation. I'm sure that members on the DVC board would give you the address, and please, do follow up. Your treatment has been horrible!

We stayed in a studio at BCV last July and had a great time. We have a six night stay coming up in June. BCV is one of our homes and we think it's great. Most DVC members bring their own laundry detergent and fabric softener sheets with them so we don't have to rely on the vending machines. Did you check the store to see if they had any detergent?

As for being moved to a larger unit? Sorry, you rented DVC points and all you got was enough for a studio. Why do some people think you are entitled to a larger unit? Maybe a different studio, but no way a one bedroom. You aren't entitled to it.

Also, the AC units at BCV are on a cycle that warms the unit up when it is not occupied as a way to save energy. Now it doesn't get hot, just not as cool as you might want it to be. Maybe that was what was wrong with your unit. Maybe someone messed with the controls and it wouldn't cool back down.

I hope it gets better for you. I really like staying at BCV and am looking forward to our stay there in June.

TigrLvsPooh,
I'm not sure I understood your first post correctly. Regarding the first room you were assigned to: was it not cleaned properly or did they assign it to you before it was cleaned at all?

June

Originally posted by DeeCeeSW
At this point, I would have insisted that they move me to a one-bedroom, or to another deluxe resort at no extra cost. I would have pitched such a fit in the front desk area that the manager would have to do SOMETHING. I could care less if management thought I was asking for too much. We all pay good money to stay in these resorts, and there is absolutely no reason why you should be made to feel that you are a bother. You are already 2 days into your stay and I know you have more nights to endure. I would ask to be moved to someplace that better suits your needs. (But that's me). If I have to ask once for something, it's OK. Twice, I'll let it slide. But four or five times? That's absolutely unacceptable.

I don't condone any of the problems the guest has had, but she has the room through renting points from a DVC member. She is not a paying guest at a deluxe resort like she was at the Polynesian. She can't insist they move them.

Actually when you rent points I am not sure who you complain to, as you are not the member that the points belong to.

BC Villas is a Home Away From Home resort, so in many ways yes it is a do it yourself resort. You don't get turn down service, you will not get a daily paper, and you don't get daily maid service unless you pay extra for it and you have to empty your own trash.

The Beach Club and Yacht Club resort are deluxe resorts and amenties would be the same as the Polynesian.

I do agree that the studios are small especially after being at the Polynesian. Also for information purposes the air conditioning systems at the BCVillas are the new kind that are activated if someone is actually in the room. So when the room is empty the air turns off. There have been many complaints about it, but it is what all the resorts will have eventually.

I am sorry the guest is having a bad time and many of the complaints are very justifiable. However some I think are due to not being aware of the differences in a studio at a Home Away From Home resort and a deluxe resort.

I personally don't recommend to friends moving from one resort to another with small children. It just does not seem to work very well. As to moving your luggage we were told not to expect it until after 3pm and we were never told it would be guaranteed to arrive by 3pm. Another reason I don't suggest a move with small children.

Many people love the BCVillas and have enjoyed wonderful stays. Just as many have complained about problems at the Polynesian. There is no perfect resort, as they are run by humans. Things happen, people have bad days, and sometimes it's just bad luck.

Hopefully things will improve.

First of all I just want to state that I never asked to be moved to a bigger unit. Actually the thought never crossed my mind. The room we were assigned was dirty, beds unmade, totally not clean. The manager even went up to inspect our claim just to make sure we were telling the truth. We would never lie or make up false reasons to be upset. Basically what had happened was a computer error... the CM at the front desk said her computer screen showed a clean room, but it hadn't been cleaned yet. She apologized, and the manager apologized. The incident with the a/c also had nothing to do with the automatic shut off when people aren't in the room. We were all in the room for a long period of time and the a/c was blowing out hot air. When the maintenance man came he said it was broken and they had to call an electrician. This was not a mistake on our part, or an inability to operate the thermostat correctly. So that should clear up your misconceptions.

Now, to move on. I have written down the names of the two mangers we have been dealing with. I have also written down every problem we've encountered. I really don't feel the managers have been very nice. My husband was shocked by the way they spoke to us.... it is something we have never faced on Disney property. I'm guessing that some people come here and complain for no good reason, maybe that's why they are skeptical???

BCVnovember = If money was no object and I could pack right now, lose my money, and leave, I'd probably go back to the Poly. I also love the GF, the YC, and the BWI. We had fantastic stays at all of those resorts. I'm anxious to also try the AKL, we have yet to stay there.

Disneypoly = We definitely enjoyed the two bedroom villa we had at OKW last April and last October. This being our first stay in a studio I didn't bring detergent on the plane because I had read they had it for sale in the laundry room. Even when I realized the machine was empty I wasn't upset... it was the fact that I called four times and finally had to get VERY upset to get someone to come. By the time I'd been sitting there almost an hour I was crying hysterically and the lady who answered the phone at housekeeping probably thought I was out of my mind. ;) I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was about to lose it.

CaliD = The only other dvc resort we've stayed at was OKW. It is TOTALLY different in every way from this resort we're at now. I'm not sure how things are at BWV or VWL, but I don't think I want to find out.

jbthi = The room had not been cleaned at all.

Anyway, we are having a nice vacation and I'm trying not to dwell too much on the negative. We go home on Friday and won't be back to WDW until November. I hope my bad experience here doesn't offend or upset anyone. I'm just reporting our experiences as they happen, I'm sure many people have had wonderful stays at the BCV's.

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
First of all I just want to state that I never asked to be moved to a bigger unit. Actually the thought never crossed my mind. The room we were assigned was dirty, beds unmade, totally not clean. The manager even went up to inspect our claim just to make sure we were telling the truth. We would never lie or make up false reasons to be upset. Basically what had happened was a computer error... the CM at the front desk said her computer screen showed a clean room, but it hadn't been cleaned yet. She apologized, and the manager apologized. The incident with the a/c also had nothing to do with the automatic shut off when people aren't in the room. We were all in the room for a long period of time and the a/c was blowing out hot air. When the maintenance man came he said it was broken and they had to call an electrician. This was not a mistake on our part, or an inability to operate the thermostat correctly. So that should clear up your misconceptions.

Now, to move on. I have written down the names of the two mangers we have been dealing with. I have also written down every problem we've encountered. I really don't feel the managers have been very nice. My husband was shocked by the way they spoke to us.... it is something we have never faced on Disney property. I'm guessing that some people come here and complain for no good reason, maybe that's why they are skeptical???

BCVnovember = If money was no object and I could pack right now, lose my money, and leave, I'd probably go back to the Poly. I also love the GF, the YC, and the BWI. We had fantastic stays at all of those resorts. I'm anxious to also try the AKL, we have yet to stay there.

Disneypoly = We definitely enjoyed the two bedroom villa we had at OKW last April and last October. This being our first stay in a studio I didn't bring detergent on the plane because I had read they had it for sale in the laundry room. Even when I realized the machine was empty I wasn't upset... it was the fact that I called four times and finally had to get VERY upset to get someone to come. By the time I'd been sitting there almost an hour I was crying hysterically and the lady who answered the phone at housekeeping probably thought I was out of my mind. ;) I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was about to lose it.

CaliD = The only other dvc resort we've stayed at was OKW. It is TOTALLY different in every way from this resort we're at now. I'm not sure how things are at BWV or VWL, but I don't think I want to find out.

jbthi = The room had not been cleaned at all.

Anyway, we are having a nice vacation and I'm trying not to dwell too much on the negative. We go home on Friday and won't be back to WDW until November. I hope my bad experience here doesn't offend or upset anyone. I'm just reporting our experiences as they happen, I'm sure many people have had wonderful stays at the BCV's.

Yes you are correct many do complain without justification and it ruins it for those that have real concerns as you have learned.

JFI the management at the Yacht Club Resort is the same for Beach Club Resort and Beach Club villas.

A 2 bedroom villa at OKW is huge, the studios there are also larger and have 2 queen beds.

All the units at BCV are smaller than OKW.

Hope your stay improves.

Sammie = I totally agree with you. Renting points is always at your own risk. We've never asked to be moved to a bigger unit or to another resort. We actually never asked for anything except a clean room with a working a/c. I don't think that's asking too much.... especially with a one year old and three year old who are sweating and crying. I don't really feel I have anyone to complain to because we aren't dvc members. If we were I'd probably have information on someone to contact at dvc when things go wrong. But since I can't do that we're just going on with our vacation and hoping for the best. Also, if you read my above post you'll see that we were already aware of the automatic a/c. That had absolutely nothing to do with our problem. I already knew how the new a/c systems operated, and you are right, they do take some time to cool down the room once you get back.

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
Sammie = I totally agree with you. Renting points is always at your own risk. We've never asked to be moved to a bigger unit or to another resort. We actually never asked for anything except a clean room with a working a/c. I don't think that's asking too much.... especially with a one year old and three year old who are sweating and crying. I don't really feel I have anyone to complain to because we aren't dvc members. If we were I'd probably have information on someone to contact at dvc when things go wrong. But since I can't do that we're just going on with our vacation and hoping for the best. Also, if you read my above post you'll see that we were already aware of the automatic a/c. That had absolutely nothing to do with our problem. I already knew how the new a/c systems operated, and you are right, they do take some time to cool down the room once you get back.

I understand cpmpletely, my post about changing rooms was not to you, as you had made it plain you understood that.

But to someone else that said they would demand a new room. Just wanted them to understand that when you rent points for DVC you can't demand to be moved, as a paying guest would.

I saw later after I posted you did have a problem with the air other than the usual complaints.

I truely hope things improve, as we have had wonderful stays at the BCVillas and hate to hear of your bad time.

Maybe tomorrow will bring a better day.

TigrlvsPooh-
You have every right to expect a clean room and working A/C! I would be upset too in your position! Those are things anyone at any hotel be it Disney or other hotel would expect!
Maybe when you get back you can contact someone with DVC to express your concerns about your problems. I would also write to Disney to let them know of your problems and how they weren't solved in a timely manner.

Hope you have a wonderful rest of your vacation! I have enjoyed your post concerning the Poly. We are staying there in June again and your post are making the wait a bit easier. I could almost feel the breeze off the beach ! :)

Other than sending a letter to Jackie, I also recommend that you
write a letter and send it to the person you rented points from and ask that they your letter to their DVC guide as well.

Cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter