LIVE from Beach Club Villas!!!

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
Let me start by saying that this was a terrible day and I'm really hoping to have better things to report tomorrow. :(

We sadly left the Poly this morning, but were very excited to try BCV's for the first time. We took the monorail to MK and then the bus to BC. Just as I had remembered when we stayed at the YC last fall the bus was grouped with Swan, Dolphin, YC, BC, BCV, BW, and BWV. Many people have tried to explain the reasoning behind this but I still think it stinks. But so far everything is running smoothly. We arrive at the BC and when I check us in the CM informs me that they received my fax and have preblocked a room for us and it's READY! :) This is great news because we weren't expecting a room that early in the morning. So we anxiously head over to our room, and after going through a gerbil maze of halls and turns we found it. Unfortunately the room was dirty. :eek: :eek: So we head back through the gerbil maze and down to the lobby where I luckily found a manager standing right there. She apologized, went to the back room, and came out with another room for us.... but she went up first to check and make sure it was clean. When she returned to the lobby she gave us our new keys and also a comp dinner at Cape May which we were very grateful for. When we got to our room (a studio by the way) we were so happy to see that our balcony was HUGE!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it. DH measured and it was 32 feet long and in the shape of a triangle wrapping around the corner of the building. We joked that this must be the room they give to the problem people to cheer them up, and it sure did! :) Not only was the balcony huge but we had a view of the entire Epcot center, Future World and the World Showcase. :)

Our bags had not yet arrived from the Poly, so we decided to go have lunch and then hit Stormalong Bay that afternoon. Sadly our bags didn't come til almost 4:00 pm, after they had told us they were guaranteed by 3:00 pm, so that put a damper on our plans. Also when we got back from lunch our room was very hot. We cranked up the a/c, but it was blowing out warm air, so dh called maintenance. While he did that I took the laundry down to the laundry room to wash our 6 days worth of dirty clothes. When I got down there the vending machine for detergent was empty, so I picked up the house phone and asked if someone could restock the machine or at least bring me a couple of boxes of Tide. I waited, and waited, and waited, nobody came. I called again, and waited, and waited, and waited, still nobody. So I call our room and dh says the we have more bad news... the a/c is broken and they had to call an electrician and they have NO IDEA when he will come. So dh is in the process of calling the manager, again, and I tell him to also add that I'm still waiting for detergent. I waited a little while longer, then called housekeeping for the third time. At this point I'd been sitting in the laundry room for 45-50 minutes with my clothes all loaded up in the machines ready to go, lets just say I wasn't happy. :mad: About 5-10 minutes later dh and the kids walk in and dh says that the manager was able to find someone to fix the a/c (HOORAY!!!!) and that he also gave us some additional comps, which was nice. I was really trying to be happy but I was still waiting for detergent! :rolleyes:

So after an hour in the laundry room someone finally brought me some detergent. But they didn't restock the machine and wouldn't you know that 3 people came in to buy some while I was loading my clothes. They didn't seem to happy... and when I came back to fold the dry clothes they still hadn't refilled the machine. :eek:

So, after getting the laundry done, which took pretty much the whole day, and getting our a/c fixed I was really trying to be happy. LOL :) But things just kept going wrong. :( First of all, these studios are teeny tiny. You could fit 2 of them into our Poly room we had last week. So it has taken some adjustment to get use to it. I would never stay in a studio again after this. It's just too cramped and small. Also, there is no water pressure. :( I could barely get my hair washed, and I still don't feel like I got all the soap out. I was really missing the Poly at that point. Especially after I noticed we only had one tiny small trash can for the whole room, and with a one year old in diapers that just isn't going to cut it. So I'm making hourly trips down to the trash room. Love that. :rolleyes:

Things have gotten better though. Illuminations was wonderful, and our room is nice and cool now. I just keep saying "4 more nights after tonight". Isn't that sad??? :(

If anyone has any questions about BCV's or anything feel free to ask me. ;)

I am sorry you are having all those problems.i hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.BCV is our home resort, we have not stayed there yet but this kinda worries me though.

You are right. Today was a terrible day, but look on the bright side. It can only get better tomorrow:) What were you additional comps?

I must try the fax "thing". It seems to have worked well for you.

Hope the rest of your trip goes as well as the first days at Poly.

Talk to you soon.

I posted on your Poly thread but I see that you have moved on since then. Sorry to hear about the day you have had. I know with two small children in tow that it must have been a challenge. On the other thread I noticed that you were at the Poly with a 1 year old. We will be at the Poly in June for 9 nights with our 6 yr old and 1 yr old. How is the Poly for a 1 yr old?? How has your little one been doing inside the parks?? Any thoughts or advice you can give would be great. Also I am sure that you will have a better day on Monday!! Have a magical end to your trip and can't wait to hear your trip report when you get back.

Kathy

I didn't read far down enough. I just saw that you answered my questions before. Thanks for the great list of rides that your little one has enjoyed. I am glad to hear that he is having a great time. We are planning on getting his first haircut on Main STreet and also going to Crystal Palace to see Pooh and gang. How has your little one done with the characters? Have a great day:)

He will walk up to the characters, but doesn't really want to touch them. We don't push it though.... I think it's one of those things that will just come with time.

Don't forget that each park has a baby care center where there are changing tables, high chairs, and any type of baby item you'd ever need. ;) Our youngest has already made 5 trips down here so we've become experts on WDW with a baby. :)

It's really important to keep them cool and comfortable. One time our son got a horrible rash from the heat. :( Mornings and evenings are the best times to go out.

One year olds are free to eat at buffets, but at other restaurants you might find yourself wasting a lot of food. We usually order him a grilled cheese, that's his favorite, or just feed him off our plates. It seems kind of silly to spend $10 on food they can't possibly finish. :)

The Poly is a great resort for kids. It's very kid friendly, there are tons of them walking around, and at the pool. They have sand to play in, and zero depth entry pool, and plenty of other things to keep them busy. Many times we took the boat to MK. We found it was faster than taking the monorail.

If there is anything else I can help you with just let me know. :)

First I read your post about grad night days being crowded (I am going to be in MK on the last grad night day), then I read about your not so great experience in your BCV studio (I am renting one for my trip in September). You are terrifying me, LOL! My DH saw your BCV post and now he is talking about cancelling and starting from scratch! I hope that the rest of your stay is better. Please let us know!

Don't let my experience scare you off. I think it's good to try the resort for yourself. I just wouldn't recommend a studio for more than 2 people. It's very small. I'm sure things would have went better for us if we'd rented a one bedroom or two bedroom like we usually do. I chalk it up to a mistake on our part. Except for the problems with the dirty room, a/c breaking, the laundry episode, etc. I blame those on the management. I don't feel like I'm in a deluxe resort. :eek:

Well, I do hope it gets better. I'm sure you'll write a letter when you return home (I would!). We are renting a studio as well; it will be two adults and our 2-year-old DS. I hope it isn't too cramped. The 1-bedroom is not in our budget this year. We will end up saving $245 by renting the studio (we originally had ressies for a standard BC room). All I care about is having access to SAB and being close to the Boardwalk, Epcot and MGM. The studio also ends up costing less than the Swan (and that's at a discounted rate). We'll be in the area in a couple of weeks, so maybe we'll go to BC and find out if we can get a tour of the villas.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Erika, sorry to hear about your problems. BCV is my home resort and I absolutely love it and really hate to hear when management isn't up to snuff there! There is no excuse for the laundry soap being empty or taking so long to get more, you were more patient then I would have been, I would have been walking down the halls looking for a housekeeper. I normally just bring my own Tide tablets. Admittedly I have not stayed in a studio and don't think that I will, although I have seen one since it is my kids bedroom in the 2 bedroom we get. It seems like it is the same size as the regular rooms at the Beach Club.

Illuminations from your room and then putting the kids to bed is really nice isn't it? I really hope you have a better time the next few days, look on the bright side, your in WDW!

I feel for you! I hate when that happens when you move, during your trip!

Were you in the BCV laundry room, or the main Beach club laundry room but there quiet pool?

Are you DVC? On points? If not: Thinking about cutting your losses and moving out of the studio? Last year after our poly trip, we moved to the swan and in 1 day, I tried to return to the poly, but it was booked, trust me if you are in a position to move, and things aren't getting better, call cro and see what they can do for you. They want to make you happy.

Whatever happens, I hope it all turns arounds, and the magic finds you QUICKLY!!!!! sending emergency PIXIE DUST ************!!!!! Good Luck!

MKY

Hmm. I have reservations for BCV for the 1st week of November but am really strongly considering changing to the Poly. Your posts are starting to push me more over there.

Have you been to the SAB yet? How far is it from BCV? How does the SAB compare to the Volcano pool for the little ones? I have 3 girls (7, 5 and 2) none of whom are strong swimmers, but all could spend the day building sand castles if I let them.

My oldest daughter would probably like the WL best, but my dad who will be with us doesn't want the daily boat rides WL would require so that is out. I'm thinking the Poly might be next best choice and we would be able to get to Ft. Wilderness easier for the pony rides there, than from BCV? We were at WDW 3 years ago and my daughter still talks about the pony ride ..

When you say that you don't feel like you're at a deluxe resort, is the general atmosphere, the problems you've been having or something else? I really want our vacation to be wonderful and am worried that BCV is just not going to be right for us this time...

Thanks for taking the time out on your trip to keep us up to date on your vacation.

P.S. One more thing. Is the renovation work very intrusive at the Poly? Since I won't be going until November I am thinking it should mostly be done by then? I hate to pay a bunch of money for deluxe and be surrounded by construction work. Also, was there any noise from the speedway? I heard some people complained that the noise from the speedway was really loud.

Thanks again!!

At least your porch sounds great! What room are you in? I've stayed in a studio at BCV once (solo, so that's probably why the room seemed big enough), but I didn't get a porch like that! Hope things get much better after your first day.

that porch sounds great...I need that room number lol.

Hello everyone! :) We're back to the room for naps so I thought I'd get you up to date on our stay here. After many attempts last night they never did bring the bedrails we requested. :( I even had it on our fax. So this morning I went down and found Shannon again, she's the manager, and told her they never arrived. I hate to say this but she was very condesending to me. :eek: She makes me feel like I'm asking for unreasonable items. Gee, would you want a dirty room? Or no a/c? Or to have your child fall out of the bed in the middle of the night?? Am I being unreasonable??? So we left the resort and headed for MGM.

Overnight last night we had several incidences of kids running in the halls and randomly knocking on doors. I haven't seen this type of behavior since back when we stayed at the All Star Music. Maybe people feel that because they OWN this resort they can do whatever they want?? It's very annoying. My son got run down in the lobby this morning by an older child running and the parents never said a word to us. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we can't change resorts because we rented points from a dvc member. We had done that before on two occasions for a two bedroom villa at OKW and enjoyed it very much. DH and I still keep asking each other why we even rented this studio... I guess we thought it was going to be similar to our rooms at the other deluxe resorts (GF, Poly, YC, BWI, etc) but we have certainly learned our lesson on that. And because there is no maid service and the room is so small I feel like we're wall to wall in dirty towels, trash, unmade beds, etc. That was another mistake on our part. But I'm not sure if we can add maid service at this point??? Does anyone know?? I'm scared to ask for another thing here.... we've been made to feel like we're being very difficult.

The manager told dh that they've had a lot of problems with the a/c units here. He said that they must have gotten a batch of bad units. Uhhhh.... is that our fault? Why make excuses?? It's like passing the buck, you know? What's the first lesson in customer service??? I don't think they know that here.

Let me now try to answer some questions.

Mkymouseforever = I was in the laundry room on the 4th floor of the villas. I actually did walk the halls looking for a CM or mousekeeper but I never found anyone. Seeing a disney employee of any type doesn't happen very frequently here. I think it's because most people don't use the maid service... so they don't have a reason to be around. This resort is kind of a "do it yourself" place. Bring your own laundry detergent, and don't bother calling to ask for anything. It took 4 calls to get the detergent, 5 calls to get the bed rails, 4 calls for the a/c, etc. Get the picture?? ;) I really wish we could leave. But at this point we'd have to lose the money we spent for this room and start from scratch with CRO. Which wouldn't be good.

BCVnovember = We did go to SAB yesterday for about an hour. We had been there before when we stayed at the YC last fall. It's a very nice pool. Our 3 year old loves the sand. I really don't think it's that much better than the GF and Poly pools.... it's just bigger with a few more extras. In order to get to the pool you leave your room, take the elevator down to the BCV lobby, then take the walkway to the BC, then cross through the BC lobby and walk right past Cape May. I'm not sure how many minutes it is... but you definitely want to wear a cover-up since you're walking through the main part of the hotel.

The fastest way to Ft. Wilderness from BCV's would be to take the bus to MK and then the boat to Ft. Wilderness.

The reason I don't feel I'm at a deluxe resort is the lack of service and kindness by the CM's. At the Poly everyone is greeting us with a big Aloha... we felt everyone was very friendly. Also there are certain emenities you give up by staying here, morning paper, turndown service, etc. These are things I never really noticed were so important until they were gone.

The renovations at the Poly will be all different by the time Nov. rolls around. The bus stop will be done in 2 months but I think I read that they are going to renovate some other buildings???? So that might be taking place, I'm not sure. I think they do a great job at covering the construction so as to not ruin anyone's vacation.

I haven't heard the speedway? Is that at Wild World of Sports?? I'm not sure about that, but I don't think it would be an issue at the resorts.

Cris = Our room # is 455.

TigrLvsPooh - I'm sorry to hear about the problems your having at BCV. You can get housekeeping for a fee. I believe it costs $25 per day to have a studio cleaned. So, if you feel it's necessary, just call housekeeping and they'll do it for you.

hang in there! Remember your at WDW! You waited all this time to get here. Focus on the positive ...... ( I 'm trying to hypnotize you) :rolleyes: :D

When I moved out of swan last year we went to BC H20 view over quiet pool, and would cut through the bcv to the parking lot all the time (stay out of rain). So we saw a lot of it. We did tour the rooms and I thought they appearred smaller than when I stayed at the bwv but its been a while, so maybe not? :confused: I like the BC overall the theme and location, prefered to the yc because its a little more laid back, (like poly). We even considered the bcv and studio for august, but am glad I changed it now. Sorry about your circumstance's I suggest you start keeping a detailed record and names and times of people you talk and deal with so that you can write a very interesting letter upon your return, since you are getting no where there. And no I do not feel you are asking for too much! :cool: Hang in there, Here is some more pixie dust! ********;) MKY

One more thing I wanted to add. When we originally talked to the manager yesterday about the room being dirty she said, "Well, let me go check it out", and went to the room! :eek: Did she think we were lying?? Why would we come all the way back down and make up a story about the room being dirty??? I thought that was weird.

Also, when the second manager came yesterday evening to talk to us about the broken a/c and our laundry issue he said, "Well what do you want, more free dinners?". :eek: :eek: My dh was so mad. He told the guy that we can buy our own dinners just fine, we just want a cool room for our one and three year old children. Can you believe he said that?? Did he think we were just trying to get free stuff?? He actually offered us park tickets, which we could have accepted and then sold or something, but we were honest and told him we were already annual pass holders. What is wrong with these people??? :confused:

Ugh! I'm so annoyed. This has totally ruined our vacation. I am counting the days to get back home. And I certainly won't be staying here again. And I definately don't want to buy into the dvc if this is the way they treat their "members". You'd think the management and customer service would be the best on property. :confused:

OK, to end on a happy note, we are going to try and catch Fantasmic tonight. :) I just love that show. :)

OMG will it never end!!!!!!! :eek: Just as I was sitting here typing this two guys with walkie talkies stopped right in front of our room at started yelling at the top of their lungs and woke up my one year old. I went out there to see what the heck was going on and wouldn't you know that our room is right next to some type of maintenance/storage room. :p :p :p :p :p This is actually getting comical. What else is going to happen??? ;)

Well Erika it certainly doesn't sound very magical to me at all. I am so sorry that you and your family are having this experience.

If money were no object would you go back to the Poly? Or would you go to the GF?

In reading these boards and other lists nothing sounds "perfect" any more. I've heard that the GF is stuffy and over priced, Contemporary needs updating and can be loud, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom are both too remote and have limited dining. Then I read that someone had just been at the Dolphin for 5 days and there was no housekeeping the entire time, even though she repeatedly called the front desk. They offered her $50 off her bill when she checked out. That would have totally ruined my vacation and $50 wouldn't have begun to compensate me.

I thought planning this vacation and choosing a place to stay at WDW would be so much fun, but I feel like it is overwhelming and has made me weary. I don't want to have to be constantly on guard and demanding. I want relaxation! I want to be carefree!! Sometimes I just hate being the adult in the family...

Thanks for the update and I hope you get some joy out of this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter