LIVE from Beach Club Villas!!!

Sorry, I think didn't about kids napping, mine are too old to nap...But actually that's one of the reasons we bought DVC, I always wanted two rooms so that they could nap and I didn't have to sit in silence.

Glad you're still having a wonderful vacation, maybe its all the other posters that are making sound like you are not.

It sounds like you have a great attitude. Your mood definately comes across in your posts.

I hope you continue to have a good vacation and much better luck next time.

:D :D

Erika,

I don't think you should feel that people aren't being nice to you. I am betting that every one of these people that have posted to this thread have had an encounter similar to yours at one point or another, whether it be at Disney or somewhere else.

I can remember a time that my family and I were driving down to Georgia, and we had a room reserved at a hotel just over the KY/Tenn line. Well...we had the confirmation and everything, yet magically we get to the front desk and NO ROOM!! What gives? Luckily they were able to find us another hotel, but it wasn't ready until the next day. We had to sleep in the car!!!

I realize that having a room that hasn't been cleaned and a broken A/C isn't what I'd call desirable, but look at the bright side, at least you didn't have to spend the night in a car.

I guess what I am trying to say here is that you have to "roll with the punches". You know it usually boils down to the fact that once you let something get to you, Murphy's law takes over and the snowball effect starts in earnest.

As you can see from below, my family and I are still a ways away from our first BCV visit. While your post has me a bit concerned, I do know that I have had other Disney stays that have been great. Don't let it sour your opinion of BCV or DVC in general.

Enjoy the rest of your stay!!

Brian

Erika ...

Do you find Stormalong Bay to be extremely crowded?

I am sorry for the problems OP is having. I am sorry for people anytime that they pay a lot of money and spent a lot of timing getting excited for something that doesn't live up to their expectations, for whatever reason. It doesn't sound to me like it is a lot to expect to be treated respectfully by management, particularly when they have caused YOU a problem.

However, the reason I am posting is because I disagree with the posters who have stated that if you rent points, "you are not a paying customer and therefore you have no right to ask for anything..." If point renters are not paying customers, what are they, squatters? If you rent points from a DVC member, you stand IN the shoes of that DVC member as a customer who has traded DVC points (worth $$) for a given reservation. If Disney allows point rental, which they do, they are obligated to treat renters who are given a "license" to use the points by the DVC member, in the same manner that the DVC member himself would be treated. It is absurd to suggest that point renters have no right to ask for anything or expect anything. Point renters are no different from "paying" customers at non-DVC disney properties - it is just that instead of paying disney directly, you pay a middle man (the DVC member), who then pays Disney in equivalent points.

OK - I just had to stick up for point renters!

I too want to thank you for taking time out of your family vacation to let us all know how things are going in the "World". I came out of hybernation to make my first official post to tell you how much I've appreciated it and I'm glad I skipped over all the debating garbage in the middle to hear the support from the prior posters.

I almost left the thread completely but thought, hey I'll jump to the last page and see how it's ending.

My personal opinion Erika, I'd stay off the computer from now on, not worry about anyone else but your family and have a great time! Just update us at the end, okay? ;)

Originally posted by JLS
It is absurd to suggest that point renters have no right to ask for anything or expect anything. Point renters are no different from "paying" customers at non-DVC disney properties - it is just that instead of paying disney directly, you pay a middle man (the DVC member), who then pays Disney in equivalent points.

OK - I just had to stick up for point renters!

Hear! Hear! As someone who rents points to others I also feel sorry for the person who rented the points to TigrLvsPooh :(. I hope and expect that every renter is treated as well as I am when using DVC points.

TigrLvsPooh

I also want to thank you for taking time from your vacation and write to all of us about your experiences. I'm sure sorry to hear about your problems and I hope the rest of your trip turns out well.

Wow. It looks like you are really having a string of not just bad luck, but really BAD luck. I hope you luck turns around for you, and FAST.

Just to ease other peoples minds about the BCV. I have stayed there 2 times before in a studio and have never had a problem. Granted, there were just 2 adults and found the room to be plenty big. I agree, with a third person it would be cramped. We love this resort and will be back next December.

You can add maid service at any time during your stay. We always pay extra for that.

I will keep my fingers crossed that your trip ends on a magical note.

Hello from the BCV's again!!! :)

This is our 4th day and we haven't had anymore problems. Actually things have been going really well. :) I finally broke down and got the nerve to call about the shower and they came and fixed it. :) Also today was our trash/towel day and we got a full cleaning. :) That was a great surprise. :) I found the shop downstairs and it's wonderful. The ladies down there helped my older son choose a dvd last night since we were stuck in with the rain, and we bought some groceries, diapers, etc, which was really nice. :) All of the CM's have been very kind and helpful. Luckily we haven't had the need to call management and everything is great. :) We've been having a great time, enjoying the parks and eating some wonderful food. :)

Disney Poly - I wouldn't say SAB has been extremely crowded. Actually the crowds seem to be dying down from what they were last week. We had some heavy rain last night and a lot of clouds today, so I think people are steering clear of the pool for fear of rain. Don't forget that there are also other pools around this resort. We haven't tried them, but we have walked past two of them and they're very nice. :)

Whoever it was that asked about the 2 bedroom villa. I actually toured a model of a two bedroom last fall and it's very nice. Not as large as the two bedroom we had at OKW, but very lovely. :D

Wow! This is the first time I've ventured into this thread and I have to say I'm just amazed at some of the opinions being posted! I haven't read a single complaint from you that I thought was anywhere near out of line. There would be some serious letter writing when I got home. Whether you're renting or not should make no difference in regards to the problem's you've had.

I can only say I'm very glad we went through CRO for our OKW reservations. From the postings here, it would seem that most DVC'ers think that if you rent points you're not entitled to much!

Renting points isn't always a bargain. Our trip is costing less going through CRO than if we had rented points and we don't have to wonder if we're entitled to decent treatment! Even if it had cost more, we still wouldn't have rented. I don't want to feel like I'm at home. I don't want to make beds or carry out garbage. These are also some of the reasons why we decided not to buy into DVC.

I'm glad to hear that things are going better though!

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
. . . I found the shop downstairs and it's wonderful. The ladies down there helped my older son choose a dvd last night since we were stuck in with the rain . . .
Do BCV studios have DVD players?

That is correct. We do not have a vcr or dvd player provided in our studio. We have our own laptop with us that plays dvd's. :)

Well, it's our last night at WDW. We've had a great vacation. I'll be posting more days to my trip report this weekend once I get us settled back in at home. :) We received another full cleaning today and also turndown service! :eek: I don't know how/why it happened but it sure was a nice surprise when we got home tonight. ;) It might have been because maintenance was here yesterday and today?? Maybe they cleaned because of that? I'm not sure. Our bathroom sink faucets were both leaking around the edge of the handles and it soaked all our toiletries that were on the counter. So they might have done it because of that. But luckily they were able to stop the leak and it's fine now. I think I must have walked under a ladder or something because we had unusual bad luck with things here.... I don't think these problems we had are the norm.

You know, I was thinking this morning that YC/BC/BCV really needs a 24 hour a day food place. I was really craving a diet coke with ice this morning while we were in the lobby waiting for dh to get our rental car from the Swan and I was surprised that Beaches n Creme doesn't open until 11 am... and Hurricane Hannah's was closed because of heavy rain. They have places that are open over at all the monorail resorts... I wonder why they decided not to have them? So I thought I might write a letter to Disney and suggest they add one somewhere in the building. Or maybe they could include fountain soda over in the morning bar area in the lobby? Just an idea.

Another thing I was thinking was that maybe they could add bus service to MGM. Walking from the villas to the boat and then taking the slow ride really seemed to take a lot of time. I think the bus from the monorail resorts might get to MGM faster than people in the epcot resorts taking the boat over. But I haven't timed it.

So we're out of here. It's been an experience. ;) We're already talking about our next trip in November, and thinking about when we'll come back next year. :)

Erika, I agree with you about a 24 hour food place. I wrote a letter to that effect after my first stay at the Beach Club. My opinion is that that is the only downfall to YC/BC/BCV. Maybe the more people that write a letter of suggestion the better.

That's also a good idea about the bus to MGM. We had a car, and since the self parking is so close to the BCV, we often drove there. I think it took less time to get there and park than to walk to the boat, LOL! :)

Originally posted by peachgirl
I can only say I'm very glad we went through CRO for our OKW reservations. From the postings here, it would seem that most DVC'ers think that if you rent points you're not entitled to much!

Peachgirl...I think you're way out of line with this quote!! Just because a couple of DVCers express an opinion of theirs, don't lump us all into one category. If you're renting points from someone that is their choice. They are giving those points up to you for a nominal fee, and thus you should receive every benefit a DVC member does.

By the way...daily cleanings aren't included in a DVC villa for members, but you can pay a nominal daily fee to get it if you want.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter