Large number of restaurants with no availability???

@Disneyliscious - Respectfully, why do you care so much? Its clear Disney is well aware of TP and they've not been shut down. TP has even made accommodations per Disney's request. I'm not sure why this grinds your gears so much. If you don't agree with what they are doing, don't use their service!

The defensiveness in your post speaks volumes. There is no possible way that TP is paying people to sit there and randomly search for ADR's and then send texts to people. There is no money to be made on this for you. It doesn't make business sense to do such a thing. You can produce all the time sheets in the world but Disney has far more legal dollars than you do. You have a bot program crawling their website to check for ADR's which is against the TOS. You are providing this service to the general public which is against the TOS. I personally don't care what you do but your sitting here lying about it makes your business ethics look very, very bad. Not all of us are stupid, my dear.

In the immortal words of Elsa: LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sometimes I get lucky by calling the restaurant directly.

This would only work for restaurants operated by a third party, such as T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. But it can be effective for those restaurants!

This would only work for restaurants operated by a third party, such as T-Rex or Rainforest Cafe. But it can be effective for those restaurants!

I would like to respectfully disagree. A few times my mother (who does the active aspects of planning) has called when no availability shows up online.

The Disney website is a hot mess, and one year on our 180 day mark, the website was showing almost no ADR's available expect late at night. A few phone calls got us the ADR's we needed.

This is a situation which has been mentioned elsewhere on the boards.

I would like to respectfully disagree. A few times my mother (who does the active aspects of planning) has called when no availability shows up online.

The Disney website is a hot mess, and one year on our 180 day mark, the website was showing almost no ADR's available expect late at night. A few phone calls got us the ADR's we needed.

This is a situation which has been mentioned elsewhere on the boards.

Calling the Disney dining number is entirely different than calling the restaurant directly. To me, calling the restaurant directly is when you call the direct line to the restaurant and make your reservation with the restaurant themselves, which can't be linked in MDE. To my knowledge, this can only be done at some third party operated restaurants like T-Rex. Calling the Disney dining number is a valid way to make ADRs and a viable alternative to making online ADRs, but it's not the same thing as calling the restaurant direct.

The defensiveness in your post speaks volumes. There is no possible way that TP is paying people to sit there and randomly search for ADR's and then send texts to people. There is no money to be made on this for you. It doesn't make business sense to do such a thing. You can produce all the time sheets in the world but Disney has far more legal dollars than you do. You have a bot program crawling their website to check for ADR's which is against the TOS. You are providing this service to the general public which is against the TOS. I personally don't care what you do but your sitting here lying about it makes your business ethics look very, very bad. Not all of us are stupid, my dear.

You “personally don’t care about it?” Yeah you do. And you have an axe to grind as well. But yet...you just used it to make an ADR. Hilarious.

It is a great tool to use and doesn’t hurt anyone. Disney will he just fine with the TP reservation finder. Why don’t you just leave it alone? Disney knows about it 100% and continues to allow it. And I doubt you have any clue as to whether or not he has people making the selections.

Last edited:
Disney knows about it 100% and continues to allow it.

They do? Are you sure about that? Because there is certainly a way to find out if they do :-)

And you have an axe to grind as well.

My axe isn't with the tool. Its with him/her lying about their "right" to use it. Disney has not given them permission to use this tool. I do not believe it. TP is not some God of the Universe company with special powers that grant them the ONLY company given the right to use a tool that is clearly against Disney's TOS. They may has gotten permission from Disney for *some* things, no doubt. But TP does NOT have people sitting there 24/7 searching randomly for ADR's and then sending out mass texts to those who have signed up for it. Furthermore, the people signing up for the adr finder are not TP clients in the travel agent sense. There are so many of Disney's TOS that are broken with this program that I stopped counting. I think the tool is great. I thought the other tools were great. But I don't like liars and TP is straight up lying.

They do? Are you sure about that? Because there is certainly a way to find out if they do :-)

My axe isn't with the tool. Its with him/her lying about their "right" to use it. Disney has not given them permission to use this tool. I do not believe it. TP is not some God of the Universe company with special powers that grant them the ONLY company given the right to use a tool that is clearly against Disney's TOS. They may has gotten permission from Disney for *some* things, no doubt. But TP does NOT have people sitting there 24/7 searching randomly for ADR's and then sending out mass texts to those who have signed up for it. Furthermore, the people signing up for the adr finder are not TP clients in the travel agent sense. There are so many of Disney's TOS that are broken with this program that I stopped counting. I think the tool is great. I thought the other tools were great. But I don't like liars and TP is straight up lying.

I’m beginning to think you are/were an owner of one of the other sites that got shut off, or you’re very close to someone who is.

In any event, as you noted above, there is certainly a way to let Disney know about this. I think you, personally, should let Disney know about this horrible injustice. You should also recommend to them that anyone that has used the res finder, knowing that TP is lying, is complicit and therefore should be banned from the Parks for life!

my 180 mark was Monday and I was able to get everything I wanted except for some reason, Artist Point hasn't been loaded for the week after Thanksgiving yet. We do have free dining and upgraded it to Deluxe so we have a lot of ADRs (we like to sit for breakfast and a sig. dinner and snack in between).

Today was our 180 day mark. Got online at 0500 CST then on the phone at 0600 CST
CRT—No breakfast or dinner for all 7 days
BOG—No breakfast, lunch or dinner for all 7 days
Trattoria al Forno—No breakfast all 7 days
Askerhus—No breakfast all 7 days

REALLY? So disappointed...

This is a first trip for friends of mine. Their daughters 3 and 5 were supposed to go last year the week after Thanksgiving and had a last minute cancellation due to SIDS in their 6 mo old niece so rescheduled for this year.

Today was our 180 day mark. Got online at 0500 CST then on the phone at 0600 CST
CRT—No breakfast or dinner for all 7 days
BOG—No breakfast, lunch or dinner for all 7 days
Trattoria al Forno—No breakfast all 7 days
Askerhus—No breakfast all 7 days

REALLY? So disappointed....

I'm sorry. I know that stinks. I have experienced the same thing today. I was on at the crack of 5 and all the popular restaurants are already booked. Even the less popular ones seemed to only have undesirable times. Like 2:30 in the afternoon lol. I could only get one ressie on our list. But plans change, and people cancel all the time, so just keep checking back periodically. I have never not gotten everything we wanted, but it takes persistence.

my 180 mark was Monday and I was able to get everything I wanted except for some reason, Artist Point hasn't been loaded for the week after Thanksgiving yet. We do have free dining and upgraded it to Deluxe so we have a lot of ADRs (we like to sit for breakfast and a sig. dinner and snack in between).
I have seen some rumors of Artist Point being refurbed this winter. Take it for what it is worth.. rumors

True, many of the restaurants in the Epcot Worldcase are privately owned.

My axe isn't with the tool. Its with him/her lying about their "right" to use it. Disney has not given them permission to use this tool. I do not believe it. TP is not some God of the Universe company with special powers that grant them the ONLY company given the right to use a tool that is clearly against Disney's TOS.

They are NOT the only company providing this type of service. They are the most popular and most effective but I myself do use at least one other so you are quite wrong on this. As for whether or not it is or isn't againt the TOS why do you care? It is Disney's issue not yours. You think Disney is completely unaware of TP???? Really??

Touring Plans is one of the largest and longest running blogs and planning services out there. Disney definitely knows who they are and what services they are providing. Just like they do with the Dis. I'd bet money on that.

Its with him/her lying about their "right" to use it. Disney has not given them permission to use this tool.

They don't need permission to offer the tool. If they are complying with Disney's requests and terms, they are well within their right to continue to offer it. So they aren't "lying" about anything. They even went through IATA accreditation to be able to continue to offer it. I highly doubt they would risk that credential, money, and time if they knew offering this service was walking the line with Disney.

Last edited:
CRT is available to book for dinner Thanksgiving week. And no, I didn’t use the TP ADR finder. Several people that used it have not received any notifications.

I just got on this morning for our Nov/Dec trip. I was shocked at the availability including O'hana which has always been a hard one for us. We have six people and found quite a few open times.(we don't have to eat at 9 pm this year, yes!!!) Also, a lot of early breakfast times were open at quite a few places. Keep trying as times open up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter