June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

My Alamo rate went down $35 today for my June 21-July 1 rental. First time it went down $20 this morning, and just checked again and it was down another $15 so check your ressies!

I leave Saturday. They are stagnant at $129. I'll take it. :)

My Alamo rate went down $35 today for my June 21-July 1 rental. First time it went down $20 this morning, and just checked again and it was down another $15 so check your ressies!

You're still two weeks out. Pay close attention over the next 10 days or so. Multiple times a day if you can. There's a good chance you'll do even better.

I leave Saturday. They are stagnant at $129. I'll take it. :)

Sounds good. You're probably done. Wouldn't hurt to keep looking, even early Saturday if you can..

FYI - Using the 299851 corp code on Alamo and the $30 off coupon, I was able to do online check-in and get my bypass ticket to skip the counter and kiosk and go straight to the cars. So, I'm guessing it won't require any additional ID or info.

What is this vroom vroom code (299851)? Where did you guys get this? It's a great coupon just want to make sure it works. Do you need a physical coupon in hand?

What is this vroom vroom code (299851)? Where did you guys get this? It's a great coupon just want to make sure it works. Do you need a physical coupon in hand?

There's actually a website called vroomvroomvroom.com. I've seen the code around several travel-related sites and nary a story of anyone having issues with it. As I mentioned, I was able to check in online and get my 'skip the counter/skip the kiosk' barcode to go straight to the cars, so I don't anticipate having to show any kind of coupon or id. If I did, I would imagine it would require me to check in either at the desk or kiosk to present it. But this is absolutely the best rate I've seen over the months and months of daily searching. Getting a minivan for 7 days, with a drop off in Tampa for $298. Only thing it doesn't include is insurance, but I have insurance through using my Amex as well as through my car insurance carrier.

So we did the online check in and I printed my confirmation for Alamo (final price $129 for 8 days). Do I take that to the kiosk and scan it and go from there?

Thank you all!!!!

Check your ressies! My Alamo rate has gone down 3 times in the past two days! Went from $251 to $181!

Thanks for the heads up. I just checked my ressie with Dollar and it had dropped $10. Not a huge drop, but better in my pocket than in theirs! ;) I will keep checking but, as of now, we have a minivan from MCO for the 17th to the 26th for $402 using the City Special.

I have a rate of $169 out the door for June 25-July 4 (8 days, 21 hrs). It's an intermediate with Budget, using the USAA code (includes second driver, loss of vehicle).

I booked this one a few weeks ago, and its gotten nowhere close since then. Do you think this is likely to go lower? It seems pretty good now, but I'll always take more money in my pocket!

We just checked in. We went to the desk, no line. We got the car for $126 which was cheaper *BONUS*. Thank you all. Much love.

Just checked my Alamo ressie this morning, and it went from $181 to $312! I'll be happy with $181 but will keep checking. Guess I can cancel my National ressie now.

That's a little surprising! You're about to get into that 10 day window, so do keep checking...especially over the next 4 or 5 days.

Mermaid,
I booked a standard car with Alamo June 21-July 1 for 191.38 which was one of the lowest I had seen. Today it is 338.00 for the same deal. This is the first year I can remember the prices being so high. Last year I got a car for 115.00. I am ok with what I paid but would have loved to gotten it lower.:confused3

Mermaid,
I booked a standard car with Alamo June 21-July 1 for 191.38 which was one of the lowest I had seen. Today it is 338.00 for the same deal. This is the first year I can remember the prices being so high. Last year I got a car for 115.00. I am ok with what I paid but would have loved to gotten it lower.:confused3

Oh wow, same dates and car as me! Yeah I just checked and that was the total I got too. I'll post here if the rate goes down since I'll be checking a few times per day until we leave. :)

Too funny! I shall do the same as I also check a few times a day too! Thanks so much :thumbsup2

Also try without logging into the insiders. I had a problem getting the lower rate for June 18-25th today. It let me go all the way until I clicked book then it gave an error message. I googled the error message and another DIS post came up with others having the same problem. They said they were successful in making the subsequent reservation from their iPad, so that's what I did and it worked. I finally ended up with the lower rate ($160 total) But even clearing cookies did not help on the computer :confused3

For anyone who is interested, Dollar is listing lots of great prices and city specials right now for MCO for the 6/17-6/26 time frame. Unfortunately, they say they no longer have any minivans available during that period so it looks like I won't be benefiting from any further price decreases for our trip:headache:. Oh well... $402 is great compared to some of the original prices, but I was so hoping to get it in the mid $300 range.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter