June 2013 Car Rental When Best Deals

yuuuuup

mine now $120.xx with ad2338fdf & 7015135/insiders login for standard weekly rental beginning 6/8

I am new to the Alamo Insiders. Just signed up online. Can you add a second driver for free? I can save $100 by renting from Alamo using the insider club contract code and the coupon code AD2338FDF. However, I need to add my spouse to the rental - and it appears I should do that when I get to the airport. Can I do it when we checkout? We have only rented from National in the past.

I am new to the Alamo Insiders. Just signed up online. Can you add a second driver for free? I can save $100 by renting from Alamo using the insider club contract code and the coupon code AD2338FDF. However, I need to add my spouse to the rental - and it appears I should do that when I get to the airport. Can I do it when we checkout? We have only rented from National in the past.

I asked Alamo on their Facebook page and they said spouses drive free. You HAVE to pay for the rental by VISA with this code. Good luck.

I heard that if you join Alamo Insiders, any one person can be free on the contract, not just spouses.

I just checked my reservation... Its the Costco part that makes it any one person for free...

I heard that if you join Alamo Insiders, any one person can be free on the contract, not just spouses.

I just checked my reservation... Its the Costco part that makes it any one person for free...

No, it's ALAMO that gives the free spouse, domestic partner or family member who has the same address a free driver. See their info on the website AND my previous post.

Thanks for the info on the free spouse with Alamo insiders. It's a must for us. We are Emerald Club members and are used to going directly to the emerald aisle to pick out our cars. Any tips on how to navigate Alamo at the Orlando Airport? I know they are located next to each other. As an insiders member, can I just go directly to the garage at the Orlando airport and pick out our car? And then check out at the booth as we pull out of the garage?

if possible use the kiosk in the terminal located near the rental counter. Check your confirmation, it will indicate near the bottom if you can checkin online or via kiosk (usually triggered by a coupon code).

then proceed to the garage across the street to your appropriate aisle. there is usually an attendant milling about that can help direct you if you need assistance.

Select a vehicle and be prepared to show both driver's licenses at the garage gate along with form of payment and any rate identifier/non-internet coupon that is applicable to your rental.

No, it's ALAMO that gives the free spouse, domestic partner or family member who has the same address a free driver. See their info on the website AND my previous post.

Right... Thats what i corrected my post to... When you make your reservation through costco for alamo, anyone can be free, not just a spouse...if its just alamo insiders, then just a same address family member.

Anyone up for some research? I love to do these things, but life is crazy this week.

We will be in San Diego and need a 7 passenger mini van.

Dates/time = 6/14/13 to 6/22/13. 1130 pick up, 10am drop off.

Currently have a rate of $306 for the 8 days. Anyone find anything lower?

Thanks!

Hi All:
I could also use a little help. I need to book a 7 or 8 passenger minivan from Saturday, June 16 to Saturday, June 23, renting from MCO and returning to FLL.

The cheapest I can find is Alamo with Costco discount for $489 for a 7 passenger. I can't find 8 passenger vans available anywhere. (We are renting a ECV for my Mom, thus need the extra room).

Please help! I waited this long to book thinking that the prices would drop 2 weeks prior to the rental.

Hi All:
I could also use a little help. I need to book a 7 or 8 passenger minivan from Saturday, June 16 to Saturday, June 23, renting from MCO and returning to FLL.

The cheapest I can find is Alamo with Costco discount for $489 for a 7 passenger. I can't find 8 passenger vans available anywhere. (We are renting a ECV for my Mom, thus need the extra room).

Please help! I waited this long to book thinking that the prices would drop 2 weeks prior to the rental.

Those are Sundays.

Try Carrentalsavers.com Enterprise has a van listed for
$361.80 with taxes and fees. You book through carrentalsavers then pay at the desk. I assume this is the correct size van. Actually it says 7 person.

Those are Sundays.

Try Carrentalsavers.com Enterprise has a van listed for
$361.80 with taxes and fees. You book through carrentalsavers then pay at the desk. I assume this is the correct size van. Actually it says 7 person.

Thanks and sorry! I do need to rent Sunday to Sunday. I just think I want to leave a little earlier..:) Enterprise is off site, correct?

Two different emails from Alamo today for those of us who have not used them before

"Lickety Split Can Be The Way To GOAs an Insider, you can use our self-service kiosks, skip the counter and skip happily to your car."

"Let Somebody Else Take the WheelInsiders can designate another driver at no charge.....Besides getting our best deals when logging in at Alamo.com, Insiders can also add a second driver for free."

Hope this is not a stupid question, and I think I already know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway. I have two reservations for Alamo at LAX starting Friday, one with the Costco code, and one without. We are not actually Costco members, but could use MILs number if needed. My question is this: is there any penalty for never picking up one of the reservations? It's NOT a pre-pay, so I don't think there is - I was just curious if anyone had any experience with this.

(The reason I am keeping the two so far is that I've heard of rental counters asking to see the warehouse club membership card and deny the rental if it isn't shown, so I'd like to have a back up reservation just in case.)

Hope this is not a stupid question, and I think I already know the answer, but I'm going to ask anyway. I have two reservations for Alamo at LAX starting Friday, one with the Costco code, and one without. We are not actually Costco members, but could use MILs number if needed. My question is this: is there any penalty for never picking up one of the reservations? It's NOT a pre-pay, so I don't think there is - I was just curious if anyone had any experience with this.

(The reason I am keeping the two so far is that I've heard of rental counters asking to see the warehouse club membership card and deny the rental if it isn't shown, so I'd like to have a back up reservation just in case.)

Personally I wouldn't risk it. I have always had to show whatever card I used to book the car, albeit AAA, BJ's or getting discount using a VISA, MASTERCARD or AMEX. If it were me I wouldn't risk it because I have always had to show the proof....

yuuuuup

mine now $120.xx with ad2338fdf & 7015135/insiders login for standard weekly rental beginning 6/8

When I added the additional numbers that you had (7015135) it lessened my discount. Mine is only $129 because I technically have an 8 day rental as I pick it up at 1:30pm on the 8th and return it at 7pm on the 15th.....

I currently have a rental booked for three nights (a Monday through Thursday) for $117 total through Dollar. I'm picking up at Wyndham near DTD and returning at MCO. If I pick the car up earlier than Monday, even though I won't really need it, could I save any money? (Monday is the eighth night of the trip.) I don't care to pick it up on arrival day. It's just my DD and myself. DME works best in order to lower my stress levels. :) Any thoughts? I don't usually get rental cars, but we extended our trip by three nights offsite. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

No, they just give it to someone else. I got burned once where a rental co decided to not honor a rate & since then have always kept backup bookings with 1 other size and one other company. Do make sure you print everything out too in order to prove things

I currently have a rental booked for three nights (a Monday through Thursday) for $117 total through Dollar. I'm picking up at Wyndham near DTD and returning at MCO. If I pick the car up earlier than Monday, even though I won't really need it, could I save any money? (Monday is the eighth night of the trip.) I don't care to pick it up on arrival day. It's just my DD and myself. DME works best in order to lower my stress levels. :) Any thoughts? I don't usually get rental cars, but we extended our trip by three nights offsite. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

you'd need to price it out...may find picking it up on Saturday for a 'weekly' rental (also ability to add certain coupons, etc.) might be better deal.

When I added the additional numbers that you had (7015135) it lessened my discount. Mine is only $129 because I technically have an 8 day rental as I pick it up at 1:30pm on the 8th and return it at 7pm on the 15th.....

the discounts ebb and flow daily and even a variance of a few hours (or using half past the hour vs the hour i.e. 10:30 vs 10:00 am) can trigger much higher rates, espcially with alamo.

FYI - Using the 299851 corp code on Alamo and the $30 off coupon, I was able to do online check-in and get my bypass ticket to skip the counter and kiosk and go straight to the cars. So, I'm guessing it won't require any additional ID or info.

My Alamo rate went down $35 today for my June 21-July 1 rental. First time it went down $20 this morning, and just checked again and it was down another $15 so check your ressies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter