DVC preview for Tiana's Bayou

Seemed a little easier than ones in the past--I didn't see anyone saying they had a really high number. I hope everyone got in!

So my daughter and I both tried, clicked link just before 10am. She had 1299 and I had 1460. I think she got us booked about 20 minutes after 10am, and then I closed mine. She is on our reservation. We actually just booked 1 night (June 18th) and are coming down just because we have the 19th off from work. We fly out 18th and home on the 19th so this was pure luck. We booked the 9am-10am slot for the 3 of us.

Since we were booked at AK Kidani, we stalked today and were able to move to Bay Lake Tower instead and made that change this morning. This way we can hit MK early, ride, then get out of there as I expect it could be crazytown.

My lowest # was around 3750+ and I must have gotten in just under the wire as only 9am and 9:30 on June 19 were available by the time I got through.

I opened the page that the website said would refresh when registration opened at 10 (and all waiting at that point would be randomly entered into the queue)....I got number 1976, and was registered (for 9:30 6/19) by 10:22....I did have one small hiccup--I have two member numbers (one memorized, the other pretty new and not memorized), so I entered the member number I know by heart. It didn't work. Turned out it had to be the m'ship that provided the points for my preexisting reservation...had to look that up. Had a moment of panic, but I got signed in to the DVC site quickly and pulled the correct member number "in time" (the website said you only had five minutes per page to enter the necessary info)....

All in all, it was a relatively painless process, altho I had to get to a meeting hard on the heels of the registration process (I was only 2 minutes late), so there was some stress from that. I kept telling myself that if I failed it wouldn't matter all that much. I could try my luck on the AP days (altho I don't have MK park reservations for those days, so I'd have to wait til 1, or luck out at trying to snag an MK reservation between now & then). And if that failed, well, I have trips already scheduled in August & September, and another one in May that I'll book when my window opens next month--and I've ridden Splash Mountain, so I already know what the ride is; it's "just" the new theming that's "new" for me....not sure that self-lecture worked, tho; I was way too excited to actually get registered for 6/19!

We got in pretty quickly this morning. I didn't even get a number it went straight to the registration page. I did find it interesting we only had the option of the 19th since our trip cover the 19th. We got 10-11am for the 3 of us and are very excited. It has been a few years since we have been able to enjoy Moonlight Magic and other pop up previews so we are very excited.

I was able to register my group for the DVC preview, but now I am having concerns regarding this section of the confirmation email I received:
  • All guests attending must have a valid theme park admission and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom® on the day of their preview to access this event.
  • IMPORTANT: Valid park hopping ticket media is required if the Member and their party wish to visit another theme park on the day of their preview.
My husband and I are AP, and the park reservations we have for that day (June 12) are at DHS. Since our confirmed check-in time for the preview is 3:00 pm - 4:00pm, I thought we could just park hop to the MK. As long as we are able to get into the Magic Kingdom before our check-in window, does it really matters that our park pass reservation for that day is not at the MK? I guess I can call member services, but what do you all think?

I was able to register my group for the DVC preview, but now I am having concerns regarding this section of the confirmation email I received:
  • All guests attending must have a valid theme park admission and a theme park reservation for Magic Kingdom® on the day of their preview to access this event.
  • IMPORTANT: Valid park hopping ticket media is required if the Member and their party wish to visit another theme park on the day of their preview.
My husband and I are AP, and the park reservations we have for that day (June 12) are at DHS. Since our confirmed check-in time for the preview is 3:00 pm - 4:00pm, I thought we could just park hop to the MK. As long as we are able to get into the Magic Kingdom before our check-in window, does it really matters that our park pass reservation for that day is not at the MK? I guess I can call member services, but what do you all think?
As long as you can get in you are good. For APs you can go to HS then hop to MK or no reservation is needed to go to a park after 2 pm on that day.

As long as you can get in you are good. For APs you can go to HS then hop to MK or no reservation is needed to go to a park after 2 pm on that day.
Thanks, that is how I understood it would be as well. :)

I suppose the only risk would be that they can limit hopping due to capacity, but having the MK park pass reservation would guarantee that we would be able access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter