January 2015

I've not had good luck in the past with discounts for reservations I already in place as they were usually very minimal or could not be applied. However, I was able to get the stay, play, and dine discount added to my reservation at Polynesian in just over 30 minutes total time (mostly wait) and get my cost knocked down about 25%!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I know that DW is going to be excited about this and so will DD when we decide to tell her at either Christmas or her birthday (Dec. 31)!

I hope everyone else is able to have as good of an experience as I did or preferably even better! pixiedust:

We receive 25% off POR for Jan 5-10. Now I need another reservation for the 3 & 4! They would not let me book those two nights and get the discount for the other nights.

I was able to book at POR from January 1st-5th and then from the 5th-8th and apply the discount to the second part. I had to book three rooms so I was on the phone a while and they only had garden view available for the discount. She told me they were out of standard rooms for the discount.

I've just tried to do some number crunching and there isn't a room available at all, anywhere for my dates. Has the Internet broken, I can't quite believe every room has been booked since last night :confused3

Ended up switching from ASMo to POP. This will be my first time at a Value and only second time ever staying on property, so I look forward to the new experience!

Total for 8 nights in a standard room with room only discount = $781

It is Stay play and dine! We are checking in the Friday of MLK weekend and that was not blacked out, though not sure of exact dates. There was also a room only but I didn't inquire about that. We ended up saving about 17% ($882) on our package for 2 adults, 2 kids, standard dining plan (table service, not sure what its called these days) 9 nights and 8 days of park tickets at POR. I'm so excited :D

So did you have to book 2 reservations since some of your days were blacked out? Or did they let you book the whole trip and just give you the discount for the applicable days?

I also switched from AoA to Music. 9 night, 8 day park hoppers with TS meals Play, Stay and Dine package. $ 3450.00 Wondering if the room discount would have been a better idea. :confused3

I also switched from AoA to Music. 9 night, 8 day park hoppers with TS meals Play, Stay and Dine package. $ 3450.00 Wondering if the room discount would have been a better idea. :confused3

Typically at the value level discounts on food and tickets is better, at the Deluxe level RO is better, at Mod it can be a toss up.

Values usually only get 5% to 10% discount, Deluxes and Villas up to 35%. The small amount you save won't make up for what you spend in tickets or food but that 35% will often save you more than your out of pocket food expenses.

I'm room only because

1. I have an AP (don't need ticket)
2. I prefer small meals/snacks more often and typically bring breakfast items (cost and allergies)

Packages usually don't save me money.

I just got off the phone with a CM who said POFQ WAS included in the promotion for S/P/D and I was not given correct information. I am really upset. I love POFQ and made the call yesterday morning at 6:30am. She said at this point the only rooms available at POFQ are King Sized rooms, but there are too many of us for that room.

I just got off the phone with a CM who said POFQ WAS included in the promotion for S/P/D and I was not given correct information. I am really upset. I love POFQ and made the call yesterday morning at 6:30am. She said at this point the only rooms available at POFQ are King Sized rooms, but there are too many of us for that room.

It is possible you were told no yesterday because there are too many people on your reservation for those rooms included in the package deal.

I was told the same thing. I was on the phone very early yesterday ( just after the first post) and I Was told at that time the only thing they had was king size rooms for S/P/D at POFQ but that the discount included that resort, so I suspect that the other rooms were never available just like standard not being available at POR.

I was told the same thing. I was on the phone very early yesterday ( just after the first post) and I Was told at that time the only thing they had was king size rooms for S/P/D at POFQ but that the discount included that resort, so I suspect that the other rooms were never available just like standard not being available at POR.

I bet you are right. I wish she had told me that instead of saying the resort was not included. I told others it was not included and they may have missed out on even the King room because of what I said. I would love a King room, but we have three people.

I've not had good luck in the past with discounts for reservations I already in place as they were usually very minimal or could not be applied. However, I was able to get the stay, play, and dine discount added to my reservation at Polynesian in just over 30 minutes total time (mostly wait) and get my cost knocked down about 25%!!! :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I know that DW is going to be excited about this and so will DD when we decide to tell her at either Christmas or her birthday (Dec. 31)!

I hope everyone else is able to have as good of an experience as I did or preferably even better! pixiedust:

Yay! When will you be there? I am officially booked for Poly CL from Jan 28th to Feb 1st and my TA's deal saved us $1247!pixiedust:

Yay! When will you be there? I am officially booked for Poly CL from Jan 28th to Feb 1st and my TA's deal saved us $1247!pixiedust:

We will be there Jan 9 - Jan 17 as I'm running the Goofy Challenge over the weekend. I've never stayed at a Deluxe before but with my DD turning 5 at the end of December and me running the races we thought it would be good to be on the monorail for quick access to MK and EP. I just hope more of the construction will be done by then! Especially since Maelstrom, Splash, and CRT will all be closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter