January 2015

Grandmatoniko

Mouseketeer
I know this is really early but...is anyone else hoping for a discount or fd for January? We are hoping to go Jan 11 through the 17 and really hoping for a code.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Nope, not the only one. My oldest son starts college this fall and it looks like January will be our only hope for our annual family trip to WDW... so, fingers crossed for us both! ;)

I'm not really hoping for FD, because a good room-only discount is usually a better deal for us. Hopefully, they continue extending the Armed Forces Salute discounts, but I'm not sure if January will work for us regardless. I hope it does, but it seems unlikely.

You're not alone! We are hoping for one too. There is a FB page for January 2015, folks that are planning a trip...if any of you want to join.

i'm trying to not over plan or get ahead of myself for what i'm hoping will be a ten day stay in the early part of jan. i don't even care what kind of discount as long as i can one. it goes a long way to soothe some people in the house who tend to get both sticker shock and buyers remorse, at least until we get to LAX and he gets swept up in the excitement. ;)

I thought we might be going in Dec, but DH just agreed today that the trip will be "next winter," so that could be Dec, Jan, or Feb.

I'm hoping to go in Dec because it'll be our anniversary, and DD's 11th (wizard) birthday. I would love to tack a few Universal days onto the end of a WDW vaca, and give DD the opportunity to visit Ollivanders on her ACTUAL 11th birthday!!

But, more likely, we'll go in Jan or Feb, as is our norm. I had hoped to go Jan 2014, but discounts just weren't as good as we had been hoping for. :-( But with this much notice, we have more time to plan, save, and who knows... maybe I'll train through the winter and do the half marathon?

So, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, as well as one for Dec and one for Feb.

Ok January folks- tell me what's good about January. Low crowds, good weather? We're trying to decide between January and September 2015. I'm leaning toward January because it's 8 months earlier :lmao: :thumbsup2

Ok January folks- tell me what's good about January. Low crowds, good weather? We're trying to decide between January and September 2015. I'm leaning toward January because it's 8 months earlier :lmao: :thumbsup2

We went in January 2010, and the weather was horrible. BUT it was a FREAK year. By the end of our week there, it was in the 70's again.

And by horrible, I mean snowing and temps in the 30's. Which was fine for us, as we're midwesterners. Just put on your coat and gloves and keep going. Great thing was that lines were non-existent. We walked onto everything. literally only waited 20 mins for Thunder Mountain, and that was on our last day. DH literally stopped on our last day to take a picture of the sea of strollers, because we hadn't seen them in our whole week there until the very last day. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'll trade that kind of weather for no crowds any time! back home, it snowed over a foot and was in the single digits to 20's while we were gone. So, all in all, WDW was the better place to be.

As for Sept... I have a friend who goes during that time and she said it's HOT, HOT, HOT. Like heat-stroke kind of hot. They have to monitor their hydration kind of hot. Sure, they get a great tan, and water rides are fun, but no thank you! Prices are good during this time of year, but historically, January's are just a hair better.

hope that helped in some tiny way.

i've only been during january(3 times) but it's always been nice. there was one trip where there was a hurricane(?) warning and stormy but it was hardly a bother really. we don't do heat with humidity well and we dislike crowds. january doesn't really have any of these things. sure some stuff may be under refurb and there may be slightly less sparkle thrown on things but i've suggested trips during warmer, busier seasons (to do the food and wine thing or other special events) and was met with refusals and upset. with flying cross country and having to pay to board huge beasts at home we certainly appreciate the lower costs as well.

I can't find the facebook page :(
We have never been in January, we have gone mostly in August but have also done February, April and June. The only things that scares me about January is the huge tour groups I have been reading about. Anyone know about these? I know there were a few when we went in April over our spring break but we managed to avoid them most of the time.

I can't find the facebook page :(
We have never been in January, we have gone mostly in August but have also done February, April and June. The only things that scares me about January is the huge tour groups I have been reading about. Anyone know about these? I know there were a few when we went in April over our spring break but we managed to avoid them most of the time.

There were big groups in January, but we also ran into them in feb. it wasn't that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jan 2015 here too!! It'll be my baby's first trip (he'll be 2.5 during our trip). I've only been planning it since before he was born! Lol

We've gone 2 other times in jan and don't ever want to go any other time of year. Crowds are low, discounts are good, and the weather is amazing!!

I'm crossing my fingers for free dining but disney has been sending us pin codes (I figured out the trick...go 3 years in a row and then stop! Lol they send me a pin every 3-6 months or so) so I'm hoping if there isn't a general public free dining code that at least maybe we'll get a pin for it.

I'm hoping for a code!! We will be there in January 9-16ish during Marathon Week. We hoping to stay at the YC but would prefer a great deal to stay there. If not, POR would be our next choice.

Us to. We are DL addicts but want to make a trip to WDW January 2015! We are coming from far away:cold: (Yukon Territory in Canada, up by Alaska!!) and so far the prices for flights are double and the onsite hotels are triple the price of us going to DL. SInce there are 6 of us it adds up quickly!! So discounts would be amazing to narrow down the costs to get Hubby on board!!

We're also going in January 2015. We are staying 1-22-15 through 2-1-15. The past 2 times I have been there in January, the weather has been perfect for me. Highes were in the high 60's or low 70's both times. However, January is a gamble on the weather. We are hoping for the free dinning as it is a better discount for us. See you all there! ::MinnieMo

Hoping to go January 2015 too.
Trying to decide on dates now. It will be my son's first trip (2.5). When are the marathon weeks? Any other weeks to avoid?

We're going for Marathon Weekend, I'm doing Dopey again so most likely Jan 6 - Jan 12. We got a good room only discount this year and stayed Tues-Mon at All Star Sports for around $550!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter