Jan 2009 Code Watch

I wonder where the CMs are getting this need for an 8 day pass from. This must be some other deal being offered that they getting mixed up?

We've stayed at the POP and we LOVED IT. We're going back in 69 days!! My kids say it's their favorite resort, and we've been all over. Little know fact - they have the only ICEE machine on Disney property! And it's so inexpensive we can get two rooms and not be so cramped. The Food Court is huge - and it's really good. The rooms don't have the double sinks like the mod's but it's got lots of Disney touches.

I'm still struggling with whether to try and do POP or POR....grrr...I have POR, and maybe there won't be any POP rooms so it won't even be a decision any more. :confused3

Just wondering if anyone was able to book a CL room with this discount? I tried to modify my room only CL ressie and was unable to do so. They checked all the deluxe resorts for CL availability and there was none! Just wondering if it was not included in the special.

Thought I'd weigh in on this one. Our original room-only reservation was for CR Atrium Club. I could not get that with the deal period. Yesterday when I called to modify my reservation there was also nothing available for CL at GF (and we just did Poly so I didn't even really check that, although I did see that some were available on the website when I was playing around last night).

I went ahead and booked a theme park view room at GF. This morning I logged on and saw that some CL in Sugar Loaf had opened up at GF. I called back and was able to switch our res to that instead of theme park view :yay:

Keep watching, something may open up. I don't have very high hopes at all about getting back into CR Atrium Club, but we'll have fun trying GF for the first time :)

DO KEEP CHECKING!!! I just checked again and got it! I originally was supposed to stay AKL CL 4 nights, now we are staying for 5 for the same price plus the $200 gift card. Woohoo!!!! I looked for a 6th night (with the plan to leave late during the day and not sleep in the room that night) but it wasn't available.

Good for you!!! :banana:

I did some playing around with my dates and online it is available for the first 6 nights only, so I called thinking I could book the 6 night package then just modify my room only ressie and keep it for my last night only. The CM I talked to said I couldn't do that. :headache: I got a headache trying to explain what I wanted to do and finally gave up. Maybe I will try again, cuz in the long run, it saves me another $200 or so.

Thought I'd weigh in on this one. Our original room-only reservation was for CR Atrium Club. I could not get that with the deal period. Yesterday when I called to modify my reservation there was also nothing available for CL at GF (and we just did Poly so I didn't even really check that, although I did see that some were available on the website when I was playing around last night).

I went ahead and booked a theme park view room at GF. This morning I logged on and saw that some CL in Sugar Loaf had opened up at GF. I called back and was able to switch our res to that instead of theme park view :yay:

Keep watching, something may open up. I don't have very high hopes at all about getting back into CR Atrium Club, but we'll have fun trying GF for the first time :)

Thanks, I'm going to keep trying!!

I can finally stay at my dream hotel now! Wahoo :banana: Just got off the phone. I got 7 nights at the Poly with 8 day park hoppers for 2170! Amazing prices!

For those of you that got the gift card...

Does it say anything about it in the reservation confirmation. I forgot to ask about it yesterday on the phone and it's not showing up on there. I should get it because my dates are during that time period, but I'm not sure. Maybe I will just call.

I guess I just thought that maybe it doesn't say anything about it in any of the confirmations and thought some of you might know.

Does it say anything about it in the reservation confirmation. I forgot to ask about it yesterday on the phone and it's not showing up on there. I should get it because my dates are during that time period, but I'm not sure. Maybe I will just call.

I guess I just thought that maybe it doesn't say anything about it in any of the confirmations and thought some of you might know.

I'm supposed to get it too but it didn't say anything about it in my reservation. They should give it to you at check in so keep it in the back of your mind if you get there and they don't say anything while checking you in.

Here is what my reservation says:

Resort NameDisney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Resort CategoryDeluxe Resorts
Room TypeStandard Room - Club Level

Park Tickets7-Day Magic Your Way Ticket with Park Hopper®
Package TypeMagic Your Way Package
Package Includes:Package Includes $200 Disney Gift Card
New 2009 Package Inclusions

Vacation InsuranceDeclined
Special Rate Type5-Night Magic Your Way January-June Offer
Remember, the gift card is only if you stay by 3/29

I'm supposed to get it too but it didn't say anything about it in my reservation. They should give it to you at check in so keep it in the back of your mind if you get there and they don't say anything while checking you in.

I booked on line and it shows in both the on line confirmation and the e-mail confirmation I got:
Package Includes: Package Includes $200 Disney Gift Card
New 2009 Package Inclusions

Maybe it's not the same confirmation if you book by phone?

Keys to the kingdom

And nm, I found the confirmation in my reservation :)
Is Keys to the Kingdom your room key? Reason I'm asking is we have AP's and weren't planning on activating our e day base ticket this trip. I hope it's not on that ticket.:sad2:

Im so bummed---but happy for others that can get the deal--I can't stay more then 4 nights due to the kids and work, so Im sad that there isn't a deal for me. But I started looking for a coworker that is going the same time I am (and staying 5 extra nights) and he will be getting a good deal ---so at least people can take advantage of it.

Is Keys to the Kingdom your room key? Reason I'm asking is we have AP's and weren't planning on activating our e day base ticket this trip. I hope it's not on that ticket.:sad2:

When I was trying to get my room switched over, the CM told me that the 1 day base ticket that had to be included in the "package" deal could not be saved and used any other time to upgrade with. I even had her go ask a supervisor and they verified because it's a package deal, it will be put on your KTTK card and only valid during that stay. I hope they are wrong, but that's the answer I got.

When I was trying to get my room switched over, the CM told me that the 1 day base ticket that had to be included in the "package" deal could not be saved and used any other time to upgrade with. I even had her go ask a supervisor and they verified because it's a package deal, it will be put on your KTTK card and only valid during that stay. I hope they are wrong, but that's the answer I got.
Unless this is something brand new, they're wrong. You can go to the concierge desk and ask them to remove the 1 day ticket from your card. You can also ask them to put some other ticket, purchased elsewhere, onto your card. That's what I plan to do - remove and hold the 1 day base ticket, add my UT ticket to the room key.

I think they would have had to announce that big of a change to the program!

I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure out whether or not I got a good deal and whether I should change things around- anybody care to help me? Please?

Either A: Deal booked through AAA Jan 5-15/ 10 day base tix/ dining plan plus room only on Jan 16th (since package is maxed at 10 nts). Total is $2717 minus the $200 gift card. All Star Movies preferred room for 2 adults, 2 children.

Or B: But I'm thinking.. If we have 11 days, theoretically, we should get 3 more for free, right? I mean, if I book two 7-day packages. Then we would also have two $200 gift cards. But then we would have to pay for one day tickets on the second package ($268 total for the 4 of us, I think). The second package would be 7 days-no dining plan (we would use our two gift cards for those seven days).

So those would be Jan. 4-11th, 11-18th.
We really don't need to be there for that long.. we were planning 11 nights/10 full days all along. But would it be stupid not to do that? I've been playing with the numbers all morning and everything is just looking fuzzy now. Ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter