Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We have a reservation at Boma for dinner on our rest day. It will be our first time dining there. I am so excited, I've heard nothing but great things about the food. Can't wait to try some new dishes!

We have a reservation at Boma for dinner on our rest day. It will be our first time dining there. I am so excited, I've heard nothing but great things about the food. Can't wait to try some new dishes!

I have a suggestion since this will be your first time eating at Boma. Go to the free Culinary tour that day - it's held at either 3:45 or 4:00pm most days (meet at the Boma podium).

You will get to see all the pods and what Boma is serving that evening. You also should get a soup sample and a zebra dome!

The first time we dined st Boma (many years ago!), we never made it to all the pods (too full too fast!) and missed some of the best stuff! :sad1: We never made that mistake again! :rotfl:

Hello everyone from a 5th floor Kudu trail balcony where the giraffes have joined us for coffee!

So this is our first visit in several years and I have to ask: what happened to that wonderful lobby aroma?!? The moment we walked in yesterday morning I stopped and said- wait- this isn't right!! There was no mysterious slightly smoky aroma that I remember so well...

We mentioned it to a cast member and he said- hmm, first time I've heard that...

Anyone else notice this?

^^I hope it isn't gone! We talk about that constantly, and it is one of my favorite parts of that gorgeous lobby!

We have been to AKL twice, tho years ago, and both times we were in Kudu, right out by the giraffe barn! Long walk to the lobby, but worth it for the view of the giraffes! Enjoy your stay!

It is fantastic! I love the carving station, the salad pod, the desserts, etc. We will be there NEXT WEEK!

Hello everyone from a 5th floor Kudu trail balcony where the giraffes have joined us for coffee!

So this is our first visit in several years and I have to ask: what happened to that wonderful lobby aroma?!? The moment we walked in yesterday morning I stopped and said- wait- this isn't right!! There was no mysterious slightly smoky aroma that I remember so well...

We mentioned it to a cast member and he said- hmm, first time I've heard that...

Anyone else notice this?

I hope not! I will report back when we check in - that scent is one thing I love SO much about the place! I know some of it comes off of Boma - maybe something changed there as far as ventilation?

28 more days!! SO close!!! hey did anyone else not get luggage tags this time? Got our magical express tags and golf vouchers but no luggage tags

Anyone else notice this?

We missed it too. We also noticed the signature scent was missing from the Yacht Club entry as well :(

Anyone else notice this?
oohh I love the resort smells! CR reminds me of my childhood. Still smells the same 20 years later and I love love love the BC lobby smell.

28 more days!! SO close!!! hey did anyone else not get luggage tags this time? Got our magical express tags and golf vouchers but no luggage tags

Do you have a room only reservation or a package? RO don't get them. If you have a package, they should have been in the box with your MBs.

We have just returned from a 12 night stay in Jambo House. We had a great trip.

Room; We had a standard view booked, I called to add a request for Kudu trail, high floor. We had room 4343, with a partial savannah view. It was one floor above and one room off the one we had last year. It was a distance from the lobby but we didn't really find that a nagative. We did not do online check in and arrived about 9.30am and our room was ready.

Buses: These were good, we used them all 12 days with a couple of Ubers thrown in. Only once was I bit annoyed and that was a day we had Garden Grill booked at 8am. We were at the bus stop for 7.05am and it showed on the monitor bus at 7.21am, it was about 7.40am by the time it arrived.

Food; Boma dinner was good, Mara was good especially the soups from Boma, Sanaa breakfast is 7-10am at Kidani and we enjoyed this. Jiko was very good.

Pools: We swam at Kidani and Jambo both were great, the one at Kidani was quieter but we never had an issue finding chairs at either.

We have just returned from a 12 night stay in Jambo House. We had a great trip.

Room; We had a standard view booked, I called to add a request for Kudu trail, high floor. We had room 4343, with a partial savannah view. It was one floor above and one room off the one we had last year. It was a distance from the lobby but we didn't really find that a nagative. We did not do online check in and arrived about 9.30am and our room was ready.

Buses: These were good, we used them all 12 days with a couple of Ubers thrown in. Only once was I bit annoyed and that was a day we had Garden Grill booked at 8am. We were at the bus stop for 7.05am and it showed on the monitor bus at 7.21am, it was about 7.40am by the time it arrived.

Food; Boma dinner was good, Mara was good especially the soups from Boma, Sanaa breakfast is 7-10am at Kidani and we enjoyed this. Jiko was very good.

Pools: We swam at Kidani and Jambo both were great, the one at Kidani was quieter but we never had an issue finding chairs at either.
Sounds like a great vacation! We requested a similar section as you. Hoping for a partial savannah view with our standard at kindu trail. Do you think the walk from buses will be too long with a 13 month old? Is there a reason you didn't do online check in? How far is the walk to the kidani pool from your room? Did you have a king bed? We requested king bed in kindu trail with partial view of possible

Sounds like a great vacation! We requested a similar section as you. Hoping for a partial savannah view with our standard at kindu trail. Do you think the walk from buses will be too long with a 13 month old? Is there a reason you didn't do online check in? How far is the walk to the kidani pool from your room? Did you have a king bed? We requested king bed in kindu trail with partial view of possible
We had 2 queens which was ideal for us with our ds(9).
We got the suttle to the Kidani pool.
I don't do online check in as I once read if you put in a phone request online checkin overrides it. We travel from the UK so we need to go to the desk anyway to pick up bands.
It was about a 7 minute walk to the buses, we always cut through the shop if it was open to maximise air conditioning time.

We are also at 28 days and we haven't recieved our luggage tags, but last month we recieved our magical express tags. I do know that the luggage tags come in the same box as your magic bands.

......hmmmm....now that you mention it, for our last visit a couple of years ago, when we received our Mickey bands in the mail, we got the ME tags, but we didn't receive any luggage tags either....:confused3

I hope not! I will report back when we check in - that scent is one thing I love SO much about the place! I know some of it comes off of Boma - maybe something changed there as far as ventilation?

We missed it too. We also noticed the signature scent was missing from the Yacht Club entry as well :(

We've been here a few days now and I have gotten only a few whiffs of the Jambo scent-- mostly over at the staircase going down to Boma. But it was more than just a smoky smell; there was something else to it! Sadly, I smell nothing but a "hotel" when first walking into the lobby and I miss that mysterious aroma. I'm also not a fan of the much lighter colored lobby wood floor-- it used to be much darker.

But overall it's still awesome and we are SO enjoying our savannah view on the Kudu trail. This afternoon, there were 4 zebra, a giraffe, several crowned cranes, two ankole cattle, a couple loud guinea fowl, and a momma duck with two ducklings- quite the active place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter