• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Introduce Yourselves!

Since I lurk here, and just posted on another thread, I figured it would be rude of me to not introduce myself to those who don't know me.

So Hi, I'm Jenn. I am not gay, but I'm used to being the token straight gal in my group of friends. I've been told I'm 2 more episodes of Project Runway away from earning my gay card :rotfl:
I'm from southeastern MA, spent summers on the Cape, and currently live outside of Providence, RI. I'm 32, married to Michael (36) and we are owned by 2 incredibly spoiled beagles/hellhounds named Roswell and Mr Peabody.
I'm the Disney fan in the family, but DH does tolerate it. We don't get to go very often because I'm a full time student plus working full time. We are going the week after Thanksgiving and I can't wait! :cheer2: I need a vacation.

Nice to meet you guys!

Hello everyone!
I'm sorta new here, and almost feel like I'm part of a twelve step program by doing this! LOL. But it's all good.
My name is Craig, if you couldn't tell by my screenname. I'm in a relationship that's been longterm for 6 years this past August, his name is Glenn. We have a Scotty Dog, and that's about it.
I love to collect Disney pins, and my favorite character is Stitch. I have so many pins and stuffed animals, and snowglobe, that no one questions my obsession. LOL. Hope that's what you all were looking for. LOL.

Hi New Folks! :wave2:

IanOz -- What's a chook? :scratchin -- they sound interesting and my Golly, you've got SIX of them!!!
Verticalchaos -- I think I've seen your posts before. Nice to meetcha!
Crankyshank -- Woo-Hoo! A trip in the offing! That's great!
Minicoopercraig -- Stitch is my favorite too. And do you really have a Mini!?!? I am totally jealous -- they are soooo cute.

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

---

Well. Well. Well. Chooks = Antipodean chickens! Who Knew??? and OZ is a nickname for Australia!

Hi there,

I'm Audra, 24, married to Tiffany (25). We live in Orange County, California while she attends law school. I've always wanted to visit Disneyland, and now I am a proud season passholder!

We have a 5 month old pug and a two year old Boston Terrier.

We just had our one year wedding anniversary! Go us!

Welcome everyone!!!!

I too would like to know what a chook is! :teeth:

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Looking forward to getting to know each of you on the boards!

istockphoto_605465_chook.jpg

That's a chook :) I'd rather a Gallah, but I'm a bird person so any work.

:welcome: to all the new people!!

Minicoopercraig -- Stitch is my favorite too. And do you really have a Mini!?!? I am totally jealous -- they are soooo cute.
QUOTE]

Yes TuckandStuiesMom, I do have a Minicooper. It's a 2007 model. I have a picture somewhere I'll have to see about getting it uploaded. LOL. my favorite website for them is mimiusa.com check it out! They have screensavers and backgrounds for your computer. LOL. I'm a bit obsessed.

Hello and thanks in advance for some advice...

I've been to Disney about a million times, no kidding. I was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area. But I have only been as a kid, or with a kid (most recently my nephew about a year ago).

I have not lived in Florida since I graduated from college 15 years ago (I now live in DC) and my girlfriend, a New Yorker, has never been to Disney so I am taking her for her 50th birthday in December. I have never stayed at one of the resorts, I have never park hopped, and I have never been there as an adult without a small child with me. I have only made day trips from my parents' house, and I have only been to the main park and Epcot (once, when it first opened, when I was in high school).

SO, in a way this is my first time in a lot of ways. I was wondering if anyone has answers to some questions.

We are getting a park hopper pass. How difficult is it to travel between parks? How long does it take? Do you need to drive, or is there adequate transportation between parks? I know that the monorail goes between Disney and Epcot, but how do you get between the other parks?

I think we are going to stay at the Coronado. Does anyone recommend it? They mention bus service to the parks, but how convenient is it? I have been through the "Mickey row 50, space 280" routine and catching the tram too many times. Part of the reason we are staying at a resort is I am trying to avoid it. Is this possible?

I know that Disney is gay friendly, but are there any places to go that are especially fun at night for a lesbian couple?

Thanks so much.

Hi All,

I'm from Monroe Township New Jersey.
I'm single again, just coming out of a 15 year LTR.

I love the Disney Parks. My favorites are the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.

My goal is to stay at every resort at WDW at least once.
I think I'm about 1/4 of the way there.

Sorry to hear about the break up....

Before I moved to PA, i was out in Middlesex, Plainsboro to be exact.

Hi Colleen3!

I've never stayed @ Coronado but lots of people really love it a lot and the pool looks fabulous. Park-hopping is way cool and (IMHO) Disney Transportation bus service is just fine (I almost never rent a car). I think you will probably have a GREAT time.:goodvibes Best hint I can give you is to wear VERY comfortable footwear. (I sometimes even wear two pairs of socks just to make sure I don't get blisters.)I think there are several nightlife threads posted below -- jump on in, it's a very fun group!

I've been to Disney about a million times, no kidding. I was born and raised in the Tampa Bay area. But I have only been as a kid, or with a kid (most recently my nephew about a year ago).

I have not lived in Florida since I graduated from college 15 years ago (I now live in DC) and my girlfriend, a New Yorker, has never been to Disney so I am taking her for her 50th birthday in December. I have never stayed at one of the resorts, I have never park hopped, and I have never been there as an adult without a small child with me. I have only made day trips from my parents' house, and I have only been to the main park and Epcot (once, when it first opened, when I was in high school).

SO, in a way this is my first time in a lot of ways. I was wondering if anyone has answers to some questions.

We are getting a park hopper pass. How difficult is it to travel between parks? How long does it take? Do you need to drive, or is there adequate transportation between parks? I know that the monorail goes between Disney and Epcot, but how do you get between the other parks?

I think we are going to stay at the Coronado. Does anyone recommend it? They mention bus service to the parks, but how convenient is it? I have been through the "Mickey row 50, space 280" routine and catching the tram too many times. Part of the reason we are staying at a resort is I am trying to avoid it. Is this possible?

I know that Disney is gay friendly, but are there any places to go that are especially fun at night for a lesbian couple?

Thanks so much.

Hi All,

I'm from Monroe Township New Jersey.
I'm single again, just coming out of a 15 year LTR.

I love the Disney Parks. My favorites are the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.

My goal is to stay at every resort at WDW at least once.
I think I'm about 1/4 of the way there.

Have you stayed at the Polynesian? It's the best one, but of course I'm biased. :snooty:

Have you stayed at the Polynesian? It's the best one, but of course I'm biased. :snooty:

Yes! I stayed at the Polynesian last May. We did the Land/Sea deal for a family reunion. The Poly is beautiful. It was great to watch the fireworks from the beach. We all loved the character breakfast and the dinner at Ohana's. I wish I had some of that bread pudding right now.

Thanks so much.

Hi Colleen,

My ex and I stayed at Coronado last year. We were there for the American Coaster Enthusiasts convention.

The main pool and lake are beautiful.
The food court at the Coronado was a little strange - you got the food yourself, but a server brought you your drinks and they automatically added in the tip. The bus service was OK. Most of the time the buses were empty. I guess because about 1/2 of the guests were there attending conventions and were not going to the parks.

Have fun on your trip!

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit, been busy at work. Yes TuckandStuiesMom and ConcKahuna are correct, a chook is Aussie for chicken. They give me fresh eggs every day and I give the extras to family and friends. I do get other birds in my backyard, Rainbow Lorrikeets, cockatoos and sometimes Galahs, also Kookaburras. Oz as you guessed is one of the nicknames for Australia, less to type you see. I live in the state of Queensland (yes its really the name).

I will be in WDW in Nov, fly out from Oz on 31 Oct, visiting friends in Tennessee first before heading to Orlando, cant wait. The countdown is on. just over 2 weeks left at work. :banana:

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to further chats.

Ian. :)

Hi Guys,

Sorry I haven't logged on for a bit, been busy at work. Yes TuckandStuiesMom and ConcKahuna are correct, a chook is Aussie for chicken. They give me fresh eggs every day and I give the extras to family and friends. I do get other birds in my backyard, Rainbow Lorrikeets, cockatoos and sometimes Galahs, also Kookaburras. Oz as you guessed is one of the nicknames for Australia, less to type you see. I live in the state of Queensland (yes its really the name).

I will be in WDW in Nov, fly out from Oz on 31 Oct, visiting friends in Tennessee first before heading to Orlando, cant wait. The countdown is on. just over 2 weeks left at work. :banana:

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to further chats.

Ian. :)

RickinNYC and a few other DISers will be down the 1st weekend of November. Hope to see you there!

I will be in WDW from 10-14Nov. Having breakky with Pooh Bear 11Nov and Mickey's VMCP on the 12th Nov. Very much looking forward to both.

Hey, I knew that. :rotfl: The chook bit I mean. If I'd just remembered the menu at Outback! :rolleyes:

ConcKahuna that is one gorgeous bird!

Have a great time Ian! (I would like to know how Australia is shortened to Oz though)! :rolleyes1

Hey, I knew that. :rotfl: The chook bit I mean. If I'd just remembered the menu at Outback! :rolleyes:

ConcKahuna that is one gorgeous bird!

Have a great time Ian! (I would like to know how Australia is shortened to Oz though)! :rolleyes1

Hehe, it is compliments of the Yahoo image search. Way back when I was a wee tyke, we did have chickens and had one that looked like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter