Introduce Yourselves!

We did not jump quickly enough and by the time we tried to book at Coronado, it was sold out. So, we are staying at the Caribbean Beach resort, which we are happy with. Thanks for the advice on the transportation. We probably won't rent a car until the last day. We are 4 days in Disney, and 4 days with my family in the Tampa area so we will need a car at the end of the trip.

BTW, I have never been to Universal. We are debating trading in our 3-day Disney pass for a 4-day pass and skipping a day at Universal. My 12-year-old nephew just LOVES it, but I went on the Buzz Lightyear ride something like 8 times in a row with him so I'm not necessarily relying on the advice of a pre-teen. Remember, I've been to The Magic Kingdom a LOT as a day-tripper although not to the other parks, but my partner has never been to any before. It is my opinion that we should do all-Disney this trip, and do Universal next time we go. Is that a good plan, or should be make a day for Universal?

If it's your partners first time I would stick with Disney.

IOA is fun, but not really worth the extra day of a car rental or a cab fare.

How did Australia become known as Oz ? Honestly I have no idea. I will see if I can find out.

Thanks OrlandoMike!

I think that is the plan. I looked online, and a day pass to Universal for both of us would be about $160.00. That's kind of silly unless it's REALLY worth it, considering a day upgrade for Disney would be about $40.

How did Australia become known as Oz ? I asked a few friends and we think it has something to do with the pronounciation of Aussie (pronounced Ozzie) and this got shortened to Oz for the name of the country.

Ian. :)

Hello everyone!:yay: I'm Toby and I'm new to the Disboards...I've been on ************* for a few years, but thought I'd give this a try, too!

So, hi hi -- fellow Disney lovers! :-)

Hello everyone!:yay: I'm Toby and I'm new to the Disboards...I've been on ************* for a few years, but thought I'd give this a try, too!

So, hi hi -- fellow Disney lovers! :-)

Welcome Toby.

Hi there. I posted briefly a few years ago, and now decided to come back on. I'm Joe, from NYC (and the other half of RickinNYC). I'm an 8th grade English teacher and we have the best little son in the world (a 13-year old dog, as you can see from my name).
Anyway, just saying hi and I'll keep checking in and posting and saying hello.

Hi there. I posted briefly a few years ago, and now decided to come back on. I'm Joe, from NYC (and the other half of RickinNYC). I'm an 8th grade English teacher and we have the best little son in the world (a 13-year old dog, as you can see from my name).
Anyway, just saying hi and I'll keep checking in and posting and saying hello.

JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And heya Toby too :)

Hey there! How are you? I did have to ask Rick who you were, but I guessed before he answered. I hope all is well with you and it's nice to now know your name on here.

Bah, DIS newb ;)

Better stay away from the Community Board. All the girls over there are already after Rick, if they know you're on here they'll go after you too! :thumbsup2

Hello everyone! We're new to Disboards. My name is Mark and my significant other is Jacob. We live in Berkeley, California. We're going to WDW for the very first time from November 10-17. We're staying at AKL. We're SOOOOOOO excited. Anyway, just wanted to say hello. Oh yeah....and we also purchased the Holiday Wishes Cruise on Friday November 16th, and we have 8 open spots...We'd prefer to have other LGBT folks on the cruise (but Jacob says groovy straight people are cool too!)...so if anyone would like to join us, PM me. I figure that if others wanted to come along, I would ask them just to pay $20/person to defray some of the cost (the entire cruise is like $275)..well, anyway, howdy to everyone! :dance3:

Ooooooooh Mark -- that sounds like fun. I betcha you'll find some takers on cruise shares. I have always wanted to do one of those -- but sadly, won't be there until next spring.

I can't remember if I ever posted an introduction for us before...If I did, sorry to do it again.

We are Nicholas and Michael, just North of Cincinnati, OH in West Chester - home of IKEA in Spring 2008. :cool1: The only thing that would make me happier would be the opening of a Disney Outlet nearby...but that would mean even less money going to savings.

We're DVC members at Saratoga Springs as of May - banked the points for next year.

Mike works for an airline :dumbo:and I work in HR for a big company in the area. I am a former Disney Cast Member :earboy2: - College Program + The Disney Store (Pre-Children's Place). We have 4 dogs - 1 girl and 3 boys...all Italian Greyhounds - aged 6-12.

We travel a lot both for work and pleasure...going back to WDW for my Bday the week after Thanksgiving - can't wait. :banana:

We tend to lurk on here until we are making plans for another trip...our next ideal trip is on the May Repo cruise to LA...hoping for a good last minute interline deal...but able to face the reality that it likely won't happen. :confused:

Hoping to make some cool friends we can travel with/meet at the parks or even some locals to hang out with when we visit...don't be shy!!

:tinker: Hello to all of gay Disney fans on this board!

Joined in spirit in 1994, my partner (Robert Zak) and I married in Canada - honeymooning in WDW after that. We usually get to either Disneyland or WDW once a year (at least).

This year we finally made it to Disneyland Paris in May (très beau). We also just got back from WDW ("Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party" was GREAT!) and the Disney Cruise Line.

Hope you all had a great Halloween!

Ken

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter