Introduce Yourselves!

Welcome Parker71. 14 years is a lovely long time for a relationship! :thumbsup2

You'll enjoy yourself here with us. We a decidedly friendly bunch! :goodvibes

Hi All-

I am a huge Disney fan, lurking on this site for sometime.

I am a 38 year old gay male living in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I have been with my partner Greg for 9 years. Greg is not a huge Disney fan but has made some compromises for me. We've done a week-long trip in Oct. 2000 to WDW with friends, and then trips (us alone or with others) to WDW or DL in Nov/Dec of 2003, 04, 05, and 06. In the interim, I even took a few Disney trips on my own, either associated with business or trips that Greg was not able to be a part of.

My next trip is planned for WDW from Dec. 16-19. Greg was originally planning to go with me, but due to financial and other stresses in his life (and admitting that he isn't in any hurry to go back to Disney), has decided not to.

I've been visiting Disney parks about 2 times per year, and have been thinking about buying an AP to increase the frequency of my visits. I'm still trying to figure out if this is financially reasonable.

I look forward to meeting other gay and lesbian, as well as solo travelers, either in person or discsussing topics on this board!

Rick

:welcome: Rick!!

If you're going to Disney more than 14 or so days a year, I say the AP is a great deal. Not only because of the park admission, but also because of the room discounts (I think they go up to 40% depending on time of year and availability).

Hi everyone. My name is Justin. I'm 26 and I live near Pittsburgh. I just joined DIS Boards tonight. I think...:eek:...I can't remember if I joined it already! So mods...if I did, please keep this username and delete the other ;)

Im single & gay.

Let's see...I recently graduated from college with a degree in Hospitality Management. I like it. I'm a people person by nature. I work in a hotel in Pittsburgh at the front desk.

In 2004, I worked on the College Program at WDW in Animal Kingdom at Kali River Rapids. That started my love of Disney :D I spend way too much time on VMK and I have collected way too many Disney Pins.

And Im the most horrible person when it comes to talking about myself. LOL

Hope to make some good friends on here :)

~Justin

Hi, we're Dave and Aleks - never seen this board before and came across it by accident. I'm Aleks and will be celebrating my 35th birthday in Orlando on 29 December. We're from Wilmslow, Cheshire, UK and have been together for over six years.

We're flying out to Orlando on Christmas Eve and staying for 17 nights on International Drive, about 10-15 minutes walk from Universal.

We've joined up to get some tips about Universal and Disney for our stay - which days to go, which parks, best place to go on my birthday and best place to be for NYE, prices, advance booking, etc.

We came to Orlando at the end of January 2007 for a couple of weeks, flew back home the day after the tornado/storms hit north of Orlando. We didn't do Disney but got 7-day/2-park tickets for Universal and made the most of them - couldn't keep me of Dueling Dragons or the Hulk!

Anyhow, this year we want to do things differently - understand that it'll be mega busy over Christmas/New Year - just hoping to pick up a few tips and make some friends along the way!

:welcome: Justin, Dave, and Aleks!

Justin: Isn't that walk all the way to the back just the most annoying thing in the world at 7am?

D&A, how on earth did you stay busy at US/IOA for 7 days?!? I go for 6 hours and get bored :lmao:

Justin: Isn't that walk all the way to the back just the most annoying thing in the world at 7am?

Oh god....that walk is HORRIBLE! Especially in the middle of the summer when the heat is already at 87 freakin degrees at 7am with 100% humidity and you're trying to dodge the guests all the while scrambling to clock in on time. Meh. Don't miss that. lemme tell ya. lol

And thanks for the welcome :D

Hey WOO HOO look who's little car is sitting on the last day!

Your going to Disney World!

:cool1: :banana: :yay: :cheer2: :thumbsup2 :hippie: :wizard:

I KNOW
i dont know Y i came into work today.
Its not like iam going to do anything.
:banana: :dance3: :cheer2:

I KNOW
i dont know Y i came into work today.
Its not like iam going to do anything.

The best thing to do on the last day before a WDW trip is to say

"Only 12 more hours until I leave"; "only 11 more hours until I go to Disney" etc.

I used to drive my coworkers CRAZY that way. And they all knew that if they made some snotty remark, that I wouldn't bring back any goodies for them, so they all kept quiet. It was excellent. :rotfl2:

I can't do that since I moved to Orlando, though. :sad2:

Oh well. I guess it's a small price to pay.

The best thing to do on the last day before a WDW trip is to say

"Only 12 more hours until I leave"; "only 11 more hours until I go to Disney" etc.

I used to drive my coworkers CRAZY that way. And they all knew that if they made some snotty remark, that I wouldn't bring back any goodies for them, so they all kept quiet. It was excellent. :rotfl2:

I can't do that since I moved to Orlando, though. :sad2:

Oh well. I guess it's a small price to pay.

Yep work wife is going to kill me if 12:00 dont hurry up and get here.:rotfl:

Did she give you a list of things to bring back?

God knows I had to schlep a gallon jug of Knotts Boysenberry jelly home for my work wife! :rotfl:

nope:confused3
She's not much into disney (YET) But i'am working on it!

Thank God! I was wondering if Conck and I were going to have to take you to property control!

Hold on to that thought
I'am going to buy for me. (Poor Ben)

ConcK!

HELP!

Property Control makes me break out in a rash!

I can do PC. I brought Knox there, so I guess it's only fair that I bring Jamie and Ben too!

You'll just owe me another drink... (I'm broke so I'm trying to get as drunk as possible off of other people's money :rotfl2: )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter