Introduce/Reintroduce Yourself

I figured I should introduce myself.

I'm George, 44 years old, huge WDW fan since my first trip in 1974 (split stay at Golf Resort - remember that? - and Poly). I've been about a dozen times, and long ago came to peace with myself that I'll never "outgrow" it. :)

I was born and raised on the north shore of Chicago. I'm a licensed Realtor. I'm partnered to a wonderful guy for 19 years at the end of September.

Looking forward to our trip next month. We'll stay at SSR (renting points for the first time). DP has to leave after a couple of days to go to Vancouver, BC, on a conference. I'll stay for the remainder of the week. I've done Disney before, when I've been to Orlando on conferences. It's a different kind of trip, but I enjoy those just the same.

Thanks to those who provide informative and entertaining commentary here. I'm glad this part of the DisBoards exists!

Where on the north shore?! I'm excited to see someone else from Chicago, haha.

Welcome everyone!

Hi!

I'm Phill, 43 going on 34, living in Upstate New York, in the Adironack mountains. Moved here with my partner Jonathan, after being in NYC for years and years. I grew up in Florida, so I'm a 1970s Disney fan from way back. For gainful employment, money, and fun, I'm an Episcopal Organist (pipe organ), and direct a Handbell Ensemble. How gay is THAT?! :rotfl2:

Hi!

I'm Phill, 43 going on 34, living in Upstate New York, in the Adironack mountains. Moved here with my partner Jonathan, after being in NYC for years and years. I grew up in Florida, so I'm a 1970s Disney fan from way back. For gainful employment, money, and fun, I'm an Episcopal Organist (pipe organ), and direct a Handbell Ensemble. How gay is THAT?! :rotfl2:

Welcome Neighbor! I am in Northern New York at the foot hills of the Adirondacks. Glad you could join us here.

Hi,
My name is Paul and my hubby and I live in Orange County Ca. Very close to Disneyland. I have an annual pass and visit the park often. We just made plans to visit Disney World in December we are very excited. I've visited this site many times and never knew it had a gay/lesbian section.

Hello! I figured I would introduce myself. I usually just lurk around.

My name is BD. I am 31 and live in NYC. Born and raised in Kentucky. I work in the music biz, though I would rather work at WDW. : )

I have been with my wonderful boyfriend for almost 11 years. He enjoys Disney as well. He isn't as fanatical as I am, but he definitely loves to go to the parks. He is an illustrator and, of course, loves all the animation.

I started going to WDW as a little kid with my Mom, Dad and older sister. That's me in the profile pic (assuming I did this right and it shows up). We would go every couple of years. In high school, we took a little break but since my nieces were born we go every other year- my partner & sister's husband included. My family really loves to go to the parks. We all act like kids and reminisce about all of our past WDW memories (i think we have a funny story for every corner of every park). They are a fun bunch and now we have little ones (10 & 8) that are also hooked.

I am going on my first Disney Cruise over NYE. This time, with my partner, his parents, sister and nephew. I am excited and nervous. While we have been together for a long time, they have only recently warmed up to me. They are good people though. I am just worried they won't be as excited about everything as I am! haha Then, we go to WDW in April with my fam!! My Gma and Great Uncle will likely be going too which is awesome. She just had some major hip surgery and swears she wants to go with us. I don't think she has been back since the early-mid 70s.

Eek. I hope I didn't ramble too much. That's me in a nutshell. Pleasure to e-meet all of you.

Welcome, BD! And ramble away - so nice to hear about you! :)

My partner and I just left NYC last year (for the Adirondack Mountains). Upsides to both, of course, but I'm in my 40s and 20 years in the city was finally enough for me. I like new adventures, so we headed North.

Any trips in the planning? Or plans for making plans?

Hello! I figured I would introduce myself. I usually just lurk around.

My name is BD. I am 31 and live in NYC. Born and raised in Kentucky. I work in the music biz, though I would rather work at WDW. : )

I have been with my wonderful boyfriend for almost 11 years. He enjoys Disney as well. He isn't as fanatical as I am, but he definitely loves to go to the parks. He is an illustrator and, of course, loves all the animation.

I started going to WDW as a little kid with my Mom, Dad and older sister. That's me in the profile pic (assuming I did this right and it shows up). We would go every couple of years. In high school, we took a little break but since my nieces were born we go every other year- my partner & sister's husband included. My family really loves to go to the parks. We all act like kids and reminisce about all of our past WDW memories (i think we have a funny story for every corner of every park). They are a fun bunch and now we have little ones (10 & 8) that are also hooked.

I am going on my first Disney Cruise over NYE. This time, with my partner, his parents, sister and nephew. I am excited and nervous. While we have been together for a long time, they have only recently warmed up to me. They are good people though. I am just worried they won't be as excited about everything as I am! haha Then, we go to WDW in April with my fam!! My Gma and Great Uncle will likely be going too which is awesome. She just had some major hip surgery and swears she wants to go with us. I don't think she has been back since the early-mid 70s.

Eek. I hope I didn't ramble too much. That's me in a nutshell. Pleasure to e-meet all of you.

Welcome BD from NYC. You'll love your cruise over NYE :-)
What Disney Cruise are you taking?

Thanks for the welcoming replies. We will be on the Wonder- 5 nights in the Bahamas. I can't wait to snorkel at Castaway Cay!

Thanks for the welcoming replies. We will be on the Wonder- 5 nights in the Bahamas. I can't wait to snorkel at Castaway Cay!

Make sure to hunt down the sub from 20K they sunk out there! Awsome to find!

Hey everyone! My name is Amy and I've been a member of the DIS for a while now, but this is my first time over here. I've been completely out for about a year now, and very happily in a solid relationship with the most wonderful girl ever for almost a year (a year on Nov 11). :goodvibes I'm a part-time student, finishing up my undergrad degree (B.A) and working retail in a book store full-time. I can't pick a favourite Disney movie, but I really like Aladin, the Lion King, and Finding Nemo. My favourite Disney park is a three-way tie between MK, Epcot, and AK. I like MK because of all the classic rides and the atmosphere of the park, I like Epcot because I love Test Track and the pavilions, and I like AK because I love animals and all the walking trails. See you around on the boards! :)

Hey everyone,
My name is Brett and I am 38 years old. I live in Sydney, Australia with my partner of 9 and a half years, Justin. Whilst same sex marriage is not legal in Australia, I refer to him as Hubs.
As a kid in Oz, I used to watch The Wonderful World of Disney most Sunday evenings and it was always my dream to visit and ride those darn teacups. Not coming from a very wealthy family this never happened as a kid. So finally in 2007 Hubs and I made our first trip overseas to Disneyland. I then went back again solo in 2008.
For our 10 year anniversary next year we are visiting WDW. We are most likely going to participate in Gay Day as we will be there end of May/June.
My other interests include theatre (love visiting Broadway), film, reading, dining.
I am a Personal Assistant by trade and love organising people and events.
Snow White was my first heroine as a kid and I have a tattoo of the Wicked Queen on my right bicep. Some of my favourite Disneyland attractions to date are Space Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Soarin Over California and The Tower of Terror.
If anyone is kind enough to offer tips in relation to our visit or the Gay Days I would be truly grateful. From the looks of things though - there is heaps of good info on here anyway for me to discover.

Hey everyone,
My name is Brett and I am 38 years old. I live in Sydney, Australia with my partner of 9 and a half years, Justin. Whilst same sex marriage is not legal in Australia, I refer to him as Hubs.
As a kid in Oz, I used to watch The Wonderful World of Disney most Sunday evenings and it was always my dream to visit and ride those darn teacups. Not coming from a very wealthy family this never happened as a kid. So finally in 2007 Hubs and I made our first trip overseas to Disneyland. I then went back again solo in 2008.
For our 10 year anniversary next year we are visiting WDW. We are most likely going to participate in Gay Day as we will be there end of May/June.
My other interests include theatre (love visiting Broadway), film, reading, dining.
I am a Personal Assistant by trade and love organising people and events.
Snow White was my first heroine as a kid and I have a tattoo of the Wicked Queen on my right bicep. Some of my favourite Disneyland attractions to date are Space Mountain, The Haunted Mansion, Soarin Over California and The Tower of Terror.
If anyone is kind enough to offer tips in relation to our visit or the Gay Days I would be truly grateful. From the looks of things though - there is heaps of good info on here anyway for me to discover.

Welcome!!
Be sure to read the Gay Days 2011 thread. Lots of good info about who will be there, what's going on, etc. It really is a lot of fun and everyone is really friendly and welcoming! :goodvibes

Welcome Brett! There's a sticky for Gay Days 2011 in this forum, check it out and let us know if you will be there for certain and I'll add you to the list :) It'll be my first Gay Days as well, hubby and I while a hetero couple, are looking forward to some fun times and supporting our friends :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter