Introduce/Reintroduce Yourself

OrlandoMike

<font color=red>all I can say is beer hurts when i
With all of the new folks around here lately I thought I would unstick the "Introduce Yourself" thread that was started in 2006, and start all over here in 2008!

You can include your name, where you live, where you have lived in the past, marital/dating status/favorite Disney park/movie/song etc.

Just a chance for all of you new folks to get to know some of us who have been here for a while!

Welcome aboard everyone, and here's to a great 2008!:cool1:

Mike - Orlando Florida

Grew up in Toledo Ohio, and lived in Boston Ma for 10 years.

Favorite Disney park is Disneyland.....the original!

Favorite non Disney Park DAH Cedar Point!!!:cool1:

Happily married for 13 years.

I like all things Disney, Roller Coasters, Broadway shows, and Sunday afternoons at Home Depot! I also love Drum Corps and am a proud alum of the Glassmen and the Cadets!

As far as age....lets just say John Glen wasn't a senator, he was an astronaut when I was born!:scared1:

I love meeting people from this board when they are in town, so if your comming to Disney, give me a shout!

Hi!

I'm Kevin. I'm 19 and from Orlando, FL. My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom, it's my home away from home. Favorite non-Disney park is Universal Studios Florida.

I love everything Disney, musicals, boys, and more.

I can't wait to meet some DISers!

Here are some more of my favorites:

Favorite Disney Parade:
SpectroMagic

Favorite Disney Fireworks Show:
Wishes - MK

Favorite Disney Attractions
Haunted Mansion - MK
BTMRR - MK
SSE - Epcot
Living with the Land - Epcot
GMR = DHS
ST = DHS
BT = DHS
KS = DAK
FOLK = DAK

Favorite Singers/Bands:
KISS
Aerosmith
CHER <33333333
Cyndi Lauper
CELINE DION <3333333
TINA TURNER <33333333

Hi everybody!

I'm Ziggy, 30, live in NYC...

Favorite Park: EPCOT Center
Favorite non-Disney Park: Central Park :rotfl:

Enjoy good music, photography, art, the Yankees and good food and wine

drop me a line and say hi!

Hi!

I'm Knox. I'm 38, single and from Fredericton, New Brunswick Canada. My favorite park is all of them - I like them each for different reasons. Except Animal Kingdom. That one hasn't grown much on me yet.

Favorite Disney movie :
Aladdin. Love that movie.

Favorite Disney Parades:
Aladdin Parade @ The Studios
Mickey Mania @ The Magic Kingdom

Favorite Disney non-park location:

Pleasure Island (at least 4 nights every trip!)

Favorite Disney Restaurant:
Le Cellier @ Canada in Epcot

Favorite Disney Adult Beverages:
Cococabana @ Pleasure Island
Frozen Grand Marnier @ France in Epcot

I'm down to Florida WAY too often but love hanging out down there with good friends like Mike and ConcKahuna!

Knox

Uhm...hi.

I won't say my real name or age, nor my location, but you may call me Amanda Sparks. :goodvibes

Orientation: bi

Status: single again, but was lucky in love for about a week w/a wonderful girlfriend

Fav. Disney Park: MGM Studios (which will now be called Holleywood Studios, I believe)

Fav. Disney Movie: Either Mulan or Lilo and Stitch :lovestruc

Fav. Non-Disney Park: Universal Studios Florida/Islands of Adventure!!

Why am I here?
My best, BEST friend is a lesbian. She wants to be a FTM. I need support! :hug:

Likes: Broadway, reading, writing, dancing, playing my guitar, talking to friends, and going on trips. :woohoo:

Dislikes: People who hate gay people, stereotypes, badly written stories, rap music. :snooty:

I'm Jen from CT. Married for 13 years to a Kiwi (New Zealander)...we have two daughters, 9 and 10.

Favorite Disney park would be Epcot, World Showcase...but I'm really looking forward to the Magic Kingdom with my girls in April. I haven't been to Disney World since my honeymoon, so I can't wait! (driving the rest of my family crazy dis-ing and being hyper about it!)

Favorite non-Disney park- we live 2 miles from a small local amusement park called "Lake Compounce". It's hard to explain to my children how much bigger Disney World is going to be than the park they're used to!

Jen

Hello, my name is David and I'm a Homoholic.

Err, you know what i mean!

I was born 3 months and 25 days before MTV.

I have been with my DP since July of '01.

My favorite park is Disney's Animal Kingdom.

My favorite non-disney park is Seaworld (I'm an animal nut).

I have many children. 5 of them are cats and 9 of them are birds (2 weeks ago I only had 7 birds, but the lovebirds had a pair of eggs hatch).

I am addicted to an online game called EverQuest.

I am concierge in a place across a lake from a castle, and I greet everyone with "Aloha!"

Other pastimes include: Getting drunk with Knox at 8TRAXX and sampling frozen drinks from around Epcot with both Knox and Mike :)

Hi Everyone:wave2: My name is Rosie. I'm originally from NY but I moved to Portland Oregon 15 years ago. I'm married (24 yrs!) and we have two beautiful daughters, one is 21 and the other is 23..My oldest girl id's as gay. I am tremendously proud of both my "kids"

I love Disney World. My favorite park is the MK.
I remember the NYC World's Fair and every time I visit DW i am transported back in time.

Favorite Disney Movie: Peter Pan

Okay...here goes. My name is Byron and I currently live in Greenville, NC. My partner and I have been together for three years now and we are raising my two kids from a previous marriage. My ex lives in the same town :mad: (that's an entirely different story---LONG one). We both work in the retail industry. I am quite the activist and I say what I think. I love equality bumper stickers and the back of my car is covered in stickers of a variety of topics. We now have a tradition of bringing the kids to Disney every summer when school lets out (we skip out a few days early to avoid the busy time of travel). We take advantage of every Disney ammenity that we can. Always looking for a price deal. Our favorite park would be the Magic Kingdom. Favorite ride would be Soarin'. SpectroMagic is our favorite parade and the Wishes fireworks ranks just slightly above the Fantasmic show. Can't think of anything else to add, so I'll see everyone around. Anyone that would be interested....I have a myspace profile that would love new friends. My ID is finallyhappyserious.:grouphug:

Hi theree;) my name's Jess. I'm 17 and I live in pittsburgh! I love my city<3 I'm a junior in hs. I've been in a relationship for almost 2 years (the fam doesnt exactly know that.. or maybe they do??)We'll be in Disney with my family in 11 days!! I can't wait! I love Magic Kingdom and Ariel<33

ttyl~!:lovestruc

Howdy from Texas, I'm Paige.:)

I love pina coladas, and taking walks in the rain.......oh wait, that isn't me, that's a song. ;)

I have songs running through my head A LOT and I am apt to post them at any time. ;)

I teach second grade. They are adorable little critters that leak. Currently mostly from the nose. :rolleyes:

I am married to a hetero man, though given that I have accepted who I am and decided to stop hiding and pretending, that status is going to have to change. I have two sons, ages 5 and 12, one 10 year old Boston Terrier, and a two year old orange marbled tabby.

I really need some support, I have some rough road coming. :flower3:

My name is Rob. My partner Scott and I live in the Ocoee/Windermere/Gotha area (about 8 miles due North of the Magic Kingdom). I grew up in a small town called Trinidad, Colorado, and have lived in Las Cruces, New Mexico; Lubbock, Texas; and Dallas prior to living here.

My partner and I met at Gay Days 2003 at Pleasure Island and are now planning our "Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding" in September 2008 (okay, so technically it's a "commitment ceremony" but whatever).

We're the proud new parents of Tolliver, the cutest dachshund puppy in the whole wide world.

Favorite Park: Epcot (Especially during the F&W Festival)
Favortie Attraction: Um . . . The Adventurers Club.

Oh, and I have some boring job at some boring time-share resort; but let's not dwell on that . . .

My name is Rob. My partner Scott and I live in the Ocoee/Windermere/Gotha area (about 8 miles due North of the Magic Kingdom). I grew up in a small town called Trinidad, Colorado, and have lived in Las Cruces, New Mexico; Lubbock, Texas; and Dallas prior to living here.

My partner and I met at Gay Days 2003 at Pleasure Island and are now planning our "Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding" in September 2008 (okay, so technically it's a "commitment ceremony" but whatever).

We're the proud new parents of Tolliver, the cutest dachshund puppy in the whole wide world.

Favorite Park: Epcot (Especially during the F&W Festival)
Favortie Attraction: Um . . . The Adventurers Club.

Oh, and I have some boring job at some boring time-share resort; but let's not dwell on that . . .

Oooh, i have always wanted to see a Disney wedding! You need to make a thread on your plans and things! :yay:

Oooh, i have always wanted to see a Disney wedding! You need to make a thread on your plans and things! :yay:

Something tells me that y'all will be sick of hearing about it long before it happens. :lmao:

Hi ... I'm Penny :wave2:

I've been with my partner, Linda, for a little over 6 years now. We met at work and fell hard and fast.

We have 2 German Shorthaired Pointers (see below) who give us endless joy and grief, depending on their humor at the time.

We enjoy all things Disney, and will be making a long-overdue return trip this May. It will be our first stay in the BCV.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hi, I'm Dale. Pretty new around here. I haven't visited this section of the boards before -- just the Medit cruise boards from last summer mostly.

My partner Jeff and I have been together for 10 years in June, when we'll be celebrating with a 4-night cruise (2 castaway stops :cool1: ), followed by a stay at our favorite resort - the poly.

We'll also be down again in December with a group of friends.

Fav park: Epcot
Fav show: IllumiNations
Fav ride: Haunted Mansion
Fav parade: Spectro

Fav non-Disney park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

We currently live in Ellicott City, Maryland (between Baltimore and DC) with our two Golden Retrievers. :wave2:

Hi, I'm Dale. Pretty new around here. I haven't visited this section of the boards before -- just the Medit cruise boards from last summer mostly.

My partner Jeff and I have been together for 10 years in June, when we'll be celebrating with a 4-night cruise (2 castaway stops :cool1: ), followed by a stay at our favorite resort - the poly.

We'll also be down again in December with a group of friends.

Fav park: Epcot
Fav show: IllumiNations
Fav ride: Haunted Mansion
Fav parade: Spectro

Fav non-Disney park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg

We currently live in Ellicott City, Maryland (between Baltimore and DC) with our two Golden Retrievers. :wave2:

Welcome and Congratulations!

Hi, I'm Jeff. I frequent this board because although I'm straight my Wife's daughter is gay. We love her, her partner and our 5 year old grandson! Too bad they live in Houston. Fortunately, they are all Disney nuts and we often meet at WDW.

You can check out our web site by clicking on my screen name to the left here and then following the link. Lots of pictures of us and of Connor (not so many of his two moms for some reason).
:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter