This video will be removed around 2:00 PM EST.

Introduce/Reintroduce Yourself

Hello. My name is Linda, I live in Maryland, and for about 45-46 years I thought I was a straight female...married, 4 kids, cats and dogs...the works. Imagine my surprise when I realized that I had some pretty non-platonic feelings about women...one in particular. Looking back there had been signs before that time, but I dismissed them as something that didn't matter.

I'm currently trying to make sense of it all and figure out how to make what I want happen. And how to not totally crush my husband, who didn't ask for this. We were having some marriage troubles, but I'm pretty sure he's not anticipating this and I feel pretty guilty. But I really don't have a choice as I can't live a lie like this and I do deserve happiness.

I love WDW. I don't have one favorite park, but my all-time favorite ride is ToT. My last trip of 9 days, mostly with my sister and a couple days with a friend, I rode it 54 times. :cool1: Don't think I can ever break that record again. :rotfl: I also love Everest. I like the Universal parks, also. :thumbsup2

Hi! It's me, DVC~OKW~96. My name means that we (my DP and I) have been DVC members since 1996 and our home resort is OKW! :teeth:

We joined DVC when we were living in the frozen north. We then got brave (and tired of the snow) and threw caution to the winds and relocated to south west Florida. Her parents were living in Central Florida and we moved here to be with her Mom when Dad died.

Our favorite park is EPCOT, second favorite is AK.

Our favorite non-Disney park is Seaworld.

We're off to the original park DL, this May and can't wait!

We both work for non-profits, so will never be rich. LOL.

We like films at the Enzian, Guinness (once in awhile) at Raglan Road and planning our next vacation...

We've been together forever, eh? :teeth:

Hi...I go by hematite around here.

Hematite is a type of rock and it points to my geology background.

However, these days, I'm a teacher and full-time graduate student.

I live in Canada and have way too much snow on my front lawn--even though it's been raining for the last 3 days!

My DW and I got married in 2004. We have two fluffy kids--a golden retriever and a cat. She tends to lurk around here and mostly gets me to speak for her when she's interested in responding to a thread.

Favourite Park: AK--who wouldn't love the animals???

Favourite Attraction: Soarin'

Favourite CS: Pinocchio Village Haus/Yorkshire County Fish Shop

Favourite TS: Boma/Jiko/Raglan Rd (Le Cellier used to make this list, but, substituting a risotto for the maple corn spoonbread dropped it off :()

Hi...I go by hematite around here.

Hematite is a type of rock and it points to my geology background.

Does that make you dense, but with a magnetic personality? ;)

Just kidding about the dense part :hug:

Does that make you dense, but with a magnetic personality? ;)

Just kidding about the dense part :hug:

:)

Actually, hematite is Fe2O3 and magnetite (the magnetic iron oxide) is Fe3O4.

Thanks for the compliment though--I'm ignoring the "dense" part. :)

Hello! I'm Dale :wave2:

My partner *S* and I have been together for 8 years last month.

I'm from the Chicago area originally and moved around quite a bit in my younger days (Indianapolis, NYC) but currently we live in a small town just outside Nashville TN. He's a born and raised southern boy, but hardly a typical one :goodvibes

I'm 35, he's 39. We both work in healthcare (I'm a nurse) and I'll let him tell ya what he does if he wants to share.

We have two boys; a Boston Terrier named Jackson (ala Steel Magnolias) and a Beagle mix named Barley (ala that's the name he came with). Hence our user name.

Favorite Park so far is MK, but we haven't been to MGM or AK ever; this preferance may change after our upcoming trip (in 10 days!!) :thumbsup2

Non Disney Park: I LOVE King's Island.....gotta love the Beast!

Guess that's it! Seeya'll!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*S* = Steve

We have been together for over 8 years now. (I think in gay years that means we are about to celebrate our 25th anniversary atleast)

I am a southern boy, born and bred and proud of it (except when the southern states vote republican). I grew up near Dalton, Ga. I moved to Tennessee as a teenager. I have a somewhat strong southern accent, but not nearly as bad as some. (I'm also a recovering Baptist)

As far as my occupation, I'm a secret agent man. Nah, just kidding. I work in healthcare also. I'm a Respiratory Therapist.

I've lived in several different states because of my job, which I feel has softened the rough southern edges a bit. I love my family, my boys, friends and most of all... Dale. Dale is "the better half". Hopefully we'll get to meet y'all sometime. ....we'll leave the light on.

Hi ! My name is Sue and I have been on this board for about two years now. My initial post was a response to a a BIG LOVE thread (you don't hafta shake my Hubby's family tree too hard to have a whole bunch of polygamists tumble out :lmao: ).
I am 6 years older than God and have been married to the same guy for 34 years (he is still adorable!). We have 5 children, 6 grandchildren, a dog, a horse, two cats (Does anyone REALLY ever own a cat?) and a totally obnoxious little black goat. My hubby's a jeweler. After a long career (30+ years) in heavy manufacturing, I recently switched to construction.

Favorite Disney Park: AK (it is so beautiful!)
Runner-up: EPCOT
Favorite Parade: -- Don't really have one. Am I the only person on earth who thinks the illuminated masks in Spectro are a little creepy?
Favorite Disney Resort: Ft Wilderness Campground
Favorite Disney Treat: Dole whips! YUM!

p.s. -- I totally LUV this board!!!! :love:

Note to Sue: For my birthday (April 5th) you can get me 2 plain white gold bands with a diamond chip in each. DP is size 12 (I think) and I am size 10.

And goats are evil (but not as evil as my birds).

Note to Sue: For my birthday (April 5th) you can get me 2 plain white gold bands with a diamond chip in each. DP is size 12 (I think) and I am size 10.

Oh my! I would so love to do this for you (sounds romantic) but with gold spot @ ~$890/oz, I'm not seeing much gold in my future; let alone anybody else's. LOL! :lmao: Honestly -- this is a GREAT time to dig out any old gold jewelry you don't wear any more and cash it in. Hold onto your silver though -- it's gone up but it's not at it's normal parity ratio with gold prices. I think silver's going to go up more.

Um, hello everyone!

My name is Jenni ... I'm 26 years old and my generation consists of 25% girls named Jennifer, 25% boys named Michael, and a mix of everyone else. There were 8 Jennifers in my elementary classes (out of 25 kids) ... I absolutely cannot STAND being called Jen or Jennifer! Okay, rant over.

I'm a newb to DISboards and still working on a cute little signature and some pictures with sparkles and blinky things, so pardon the plain. For now. I've also been told that my posts are usually WAY too long... hey, I never use one word where eight will fit! Sorry about that.

I am currently single and have been for over five years. I don't get out much to meet girls, and the ones I do meet tend to be not so interested because I am moderately to severely disabled. I have debilitating rheumatoid arthritis, and I live at home on Long Island with my parents and teenaged sister. The only time I've ever lived off the island was for two years in college, but I never actually graduated. I had to drop out in junior year because my health had declined to the point where I wasn't making it to classes more than half the time. I hope to go back and complete my bachelor's in psychology someday, but for now I'm living at home on disability income.

I am the proud mommy of a small Yorkie named Sky and a not so small Samoyed named Allie. My girls are the center of my life, and everything -- schedule, budget, lifestyle -- gets planned centering around them and their needs.

I've visited Disney World, let's see, 6 times. Once as a very small child and again as a pre-teen (both with my family), once during college with my cousin, again with my family about five years ago, and twice more solo in the past few years. I enjoy solo visits, but it's always more fun with a friend. Unfortunately, I don't have a large group of friends to begin with, and none of them love Mickey the way I do. So I don't know anybody who can\is willing to take off work and leave their spouse\kids for a week to come along on a rather expensive Disney vacation. I came to the DIS boards originally looking to meet some fellow addicts so that I might be able to hook up with somebody else to split lodging costs with, or simply for companionship in the parks and dining, etc.

Are there any other folks like me, solo travelers who'd prefer to tag along with a friend but don't know anyone in your regular lives who can make the trip? Anyone who'd be willing to share a room, maybe? PURELY for financial cost-saving reasons, mind you. I may be single but the hotel room and accompanying bill would be the ONLY things we'd be sharing! Due to my disability I can't drive and thus can't rent a car, so I need to stay on Disney property or else have to pay a hefty cab fare every day getting to and from the parks, because my health is such that I can't always leap out of bed in time to catch the 7am "complimentary shuttle" most offsite hotels provide. I prefer to stay at the Pop because it's the most affordable (the All-Star Sports or Music resorts are acceptable if the Pop is booked up, but their themes\decor do not appeal to me). I would LOVE a roomie to split the hotel bill in halves so we could each pay Pop rates but actually stay somewhere twice the price. My goal in life would be to stay on the monorail but sadly, I'll never have that kind of money on my Social Security income.

My favorite park is MK, but I'd be hard-pressed to choose a favorite attraction. It's a tie between Jungle Cruise and the Haunted Mansion in MK, and Soarin' at Epcot.

That's all from me... it's great to meet everybody here!

Jenni

Hi Jenni-
I hope you find someone to room with....you'd never want me 'cause I snore like a large wild boar!:scared1: :scared1:

I'm Lindy and my partner is Corey. We have been together so long that it seems like forever, which is a wonderful thing. As far as age goes....lets just say that I hit a milestone recently. We have 6 critters total. We hope to bring three of them with us to WDW in 2009 or 2010, whenever we get back to WDW after our trip in December, 2008. I like all things WDW!

Favorite Disney Park: Animal Kingdom!

Favorite Rides: ToT and BTMRR

Favorite Character: Isn't it obvious?!??!

I can't wait for December!

Hello, All!

I'm Elizabeth, 37. Straight girl with lots of gay friends and many years of AIDS fundraisers on my resume!;) I've been married to DH for 15 years. We have one DS who is about to turn 12. I am a nanny to a beautiful 2 year old known around here as "Princess".

We love Disney and try to get there as often as we can. 2 of our trips have included our good friends, DS's "uncles" who are a gay couple. One of my friends from high school lives in Tampa and she and her partner usually come have dinner with us whenever we are in Orlando. I have also been known to stalk men wearing HRC logo merchandise just to say hello.:rolleyes1 (Hey, Epcot is a friendly sort of place! And the guys were very nice!)

I enjoyed reading about everyone! Hopefully I will pop in more frequently and get to know the "regulars" a little better. :)

Greetings to you all,

I have lurked here on and off for about 3 years. My name is Shannon and my partner is Tracy. I have never been to WDW, but grew up in SoCal and went to Disneyland about a dozen times or more. My first childhood memory is going to Disneyland for my third birthday.

I am currently in my last semester of an MBA program and my graduation gift is a land/sea vacation in May. :woohoo: So, I am up for any suggestions and may be seeking guidance on a thing or two.

Thank you for having such a pleasant environment in this thread.

Favorite Disney Park: Disneyland

Favorite Rides: Haunted Mansion, POTC, and Jungle Cruise

Favorite Characters:Eeyore, Pooh, and Tigger (My partner adores Stitch)

Hi I'm Hadley. Hi am 35. Dh and I live in Central NH now with our two great kiddos (DD11 and DS9) and one rabbit (Willy Wonka). We have been in NH for 3 years now and it really feels like home to us and we hope to never leave. I have Soutehrn roots. I lived in East Texas (where both sides of my family are from) until I was 7 when my parents ventured to snow country and moved to Boulder, Colorado. We lived in and around Boulder for the rest of my childhood, but I spent summers in Texas with my aunts and grandparents so there is always still a bit of the soutehrn girl in me. After college, DH and I lived in Arizona (where DD was born), Wyoming, Indianna (DS was born there) and Michigan before finally making it to New Hampshire. Oh, and DH and I have been married 12 years come March.

I have no money earning career (I used to be an English teacher). I homeschool the kids and also do the typical mommy stuff (girl scout leader, shuttle DS to dance and DD to karate, etc.) I (and the entire family) do enjoy community theatre. I was most recently part of the emsemble for Pippin. Peter Pan audtions are comming up soon. I would love to play Mrs. Darling.

Favourite Disney Park? I can't choose one. Does the cruise count as one?

Favourite non Disney park? Legoland (better than the California Disny parks to me:rolleyes1 )

Best Parade: Main Street Electrical (yes I know it is gone now, it is still the best). Oh, and Sue--we have always called Spetromagic "The Scary Chuckie Doll Parade":rotfl:

Best Show/ride in parks: The Festival of the Lion King

Best treat in the parks: Sweet pretzle in Norway

Too many good restruarants to choose one

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter