Indianapolis DIS Meet - Come One Come All!

Heading out now. See everyone there! :)

Heading out now. See everyone there! :)

ADP, just to home! Thanks again for putting the DIS meet together! You are awesome! My son and I had a great time(thanks for the hula hoop too!). It is always awkward going somewhere where you don't know anyone, but all the DIS'ers are so friendly and nice! Hopefully we can get together again someday in the future! :goodvibes Also, thanks SO MUCH to the person who brought the Tusker House Corn Chowder(YUM!!!), and the guy from Louisville who brought the ice cream maker to make Dole Whips! Those were to die for!!! A little piece of Disney right here in Indiana!

THANKS SO MUCH AARON!!!! :cheer2: We had a wonderful time talking with everyone. Hope to meet with you all again next year.

Thanks Aaron for such a great meet. You did a great job!

Thanks also to Town Crier for spending so much time talking about pins with my daughter Katie. She is hoping to trade a pin with you at the next Indy meet!:thumbsup2

James and I just got home. There sure were a lot of state troopers out tonight. Thanks to all who made this a terrific DISmeet. It reminded me of the "old days", only better. On the way out I told Aaron that I'm going to have to hire him to organize and run our annual Memorial Day DISmeet picnic. My son was impressed with all of the activities. I'm just sorry that we didn't get there sooner to enjoy the entire picnic. Thanks for a wonderful Labor Day celebration.

I promise to bring all of my pins next time, so make sure that Katie brings her pins too. And maybe next time I'll come up with something more original than a loaf of bread and a package of ham from Sam's Club. I really needed my wife's help.

I can't say it enough. Thanks so much for throwing the best Indy DISmeet yet.

Hi Everyone,

Today was an amazing day. There were some outstanding parts of the meet that stood out to me.

Brandie - You're cake was amazing! I can't imagine the time it took to bake and decorate. It was truly wonderful.

A cake for the ages!
Picture262-1.jpg

Meshancorp - the Dole Whip machine was terrific and quite authentic. I couldn't tell the difference. It tasted and looked authentic. Heck, you might as well say it was authentic. I certainly couldn't tell a difference.

Thanks for bringing the machine and ingrediants. It was a brilliant idea.

Dole Whip for Bawb!
Picture275-1.jpg

An unidentified DIS Unplugged listener serving up some Dole Whip! :)
Picture276-1.jpg

World Bouncer - Thanks for setting up the silent auction. There sure was plenty to choose from. The pin trading was also a hit.

The silent auction table
Picture265-1.jpg

The pin trading table
Picture266-1.jpg

To all the people who help setup and clean up, thanks for for everything you did to make the hall look exceptional. Jennz and your family, World Bouncer and your family, and everyone who contributed, THANK YOU! :)

The hall before we setup tables, chairs and decorations
Picture258-1.jpg

The hall after we setup the decorations! A room fit for a Disney party!!!
Picture259-1.jpg

Picture267-1.jpg

The food was plentiful and delicious. Thanks to everyone for bringing a dish(s). Some of the dishes we enjoyed were the Tusker House Corn Chowder, Kona Stickey Wings, and Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Part of the food table
Picture272-1.jpg

Did someone say cake? Mmmmmm!!
Picture270-1.jpg

Many DIS children showed up for the meet. They had a terrific time with kids activities. To everyone who helped with the kids activities; Sooze, Jennz, Sarah, and Mary, THANK YOU!! Some of the activities included a hot potato game, face painting, and an "Art of Disney Animation" drawing class.

Kids hot potato game
Picture282-1.jpg

Art of Disney Animation drawing class. An excellent idea!
Picture285-1.jpg

Face and arm painting :laughing:
Picture281-1.jpg

Kids coloring table
Picture279.jpg

We had a great time with prizes too. Kids and adult prizes were awarded. Disney gift cards, Disney books, and even a Wall-E robot were given out. A special thanks to Sunshine Girl, Scott, and Tracey who helped with the prize pool! Thanks to everyone who participated in the scavenger hunt.

The entry table with prizes at the end
Picture261-1.jpg

I really can't put into words how totally fun this meet was. We even got the opportunity to speak with Calypso A Go Go at the Dole Whip Meet for Bawb. We called her during their meet at Aloha Isle inside the Magic Kingdom. We got to speak with Calypso, Kevin, John, and Dianah. It was great speaking with you guys and one of the highlights of the meet! :)

The turn-out was super. We had 80 people show up during the 5 hours the meet took place. With a meet like this it's truly the people who make it fun and enjoyable. It's was such a pleasure meeting many of you for the first time and seeing other familiar faces from meets past, or friends we see or talk with on a weekly basis. I can't wait to do this again sometime.

Finally, here are some random shots from the meet.

Meet signage
Picture286-1.jpg

A close-up of the prize pool
Picture260-1.jpg

The face painting table
Picture278-1.jpg

More pin trading
Picture284-1.jpg

Here's a shot of me with the winner of the Disneyland 50 Years of Magic DVD
Picture274-1.jpg

And finally, I found an unidentified DIS Unplugged podcast listener. :laughing:
Picture277-1.jpg

Aaron, did mommyc show up? I haven't seen her around, and I'm starting to get concerned....yeah, I know, life gets in the way....but it's just not like her.

Well, here at the Keystone Sheraton after a good night sleep and rest. Aaron, I do have to say that you, and all the folks from Indy and nearby area, as well as not so nearby, REALLY, REALLY outdid yourselves. I have been to a lot of meets over the years I have been here on the DIS, and have organized a good number of them. This I think I can comfortably say was the tops. :thumbsup2 Hats off to everyone.

The number of people who showed up, and lots of kids too, about 80 in total as Aaron said, the amount of food, all brought in, and some so VERY creative in the preparation, even a Dole Whip machine, the silent auction, the pins, the games and activities for the kids, and the wonderful hospitality and interaction of so many Disney nuts in one place at one time. :cool1: I had a thoroughly wonderful day.

And Aaron, with the super extension of hospitality of your mom and dad, Janet and Clarence, you, your brother, Joey and his family, my sharing of same extended well into the evening. Your mom and dad sure are one heck of a nice, warm couple, I so enjoyed my evening with them and all you guys.

Maybe during the day, or this evening, I will get up some of the pictures I took during the day yesterday. Now off for a cup of coffee and a morning newspaper downstairs, looking forward to the National Drag races tomorrow.

Once more, thank you Aaron, and everyone, for a most enjoyable day.:thumbsup2

I'm glad you all had a terrific time! I could've gone, but my hubby was home sick, and I just bought a plane ticket to Orlando for the end of Sept. (I needed to save the gas money!) Maybe I'll make it to the next one! :)

Thanks for posting the pictures! I wish we could have come. Maybe next year if you do it again.

DJ

i put my full reaction on the podcast board (i didn't know this board exists until this second)..

but i'll repeat here the main point - WOW

i am so very impressed and totally jealous..

you guys are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Some pictures from yesterday, posted basically in order as taken throughout the day. Again, thanks, Aaron, and everyone for a wonderful day.........

IMG_9576.jpg

IMG_9577.jpg

IMG_9578.jpg

IMG_9579.jpg

IMG_9580.jpg

IMG_9581.jpg

IMG_9583.jpg

IMG_9584.jpg

IMG_9585.jpg

IMG_9586.jpg

IMG_9587.jpg

IMG_9588.jpg

IMG_9589.jpg

IMG_9590.jpg

IMG_9591.jpg

IMG_9592.jpg

IMG_9593.jpg

IMG_9594.jpg

IMG_9595.jpg

IMG_9596.jpg

WOW...We had a GREAT TIME! Thank you Aaron for such a well organized event. This was our 1st DIS event and what an event for first timers.:worship:
John (Town Crier) Thank you for all your time, wonderfull funny stories:lmao: and your pin collections and of course James too. Thanks for driving over from Ohio.
AAron (World Bouncer) thank you for sharing your pin collection and knowledge with us as well.
Oh and Doddie and Phillip thanks for spending a few hours with us at our table (and braving being the 1st to go up and eat lol)
AND can't forget the good ppl at Speedway Gas station for the $50.00 gift card that paid for the trip there and back....

And too everyone who brought all that GREAT food it was DELICIOUS:banana:

SO looking forward to our next INDYDIS event....Its so nice to be able to spend an afternoon with ppl who really appreciate Disney and good friends Thank You for having us.

Hey..that wasn't Jason...That was...uh...Nosaj! Uh...yeah...that's it!

;)

(was that convincing enough?) :rotfl:

Jason accosted me as soon as I got out of the truck. He said...I bet I know who you are...you have cake! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter