Indianapolis DIS Meet - Come One Come All!

Now that I've said I can't come...maybe I can. My son just informed me last night that he has tickets to the Illinois-Missouri football game in St. Louis on Saturday. If he goes to that, I'm NOT leaving him home alone for the weekend! Stay tuned!

Now that I've said I can't come...maybe I can. My son just informed me last night that he has tickets to the Illinois-Missouri football game in St. Louis on Saturday. If he goes to that, I'm NOT leaving him home alone for the weekend! Stay tuned!

That's great Nancy! I hope it works out and you can make it.

Hi Everyone,

As we move closer to meet I wanted to remind everyone of a couple of itmes.

- I've had a few attendees volunteer to help with setup and clean up at the meet space; however, I'm still looking for a few more volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering to help please send me a PM. Setup of the space will happen between 10:00AM and 1:30PM. Clean up will occur around 7:00PM or when we decide to call it a night.

- If you need to drop something off prior to the meet start time feel free to do so. I will be there as early as 10:00AM and the door will be open.

- Please PM me or post what food item(s) you will be bringing to the meet. I'll update the initial post of this thread with your food selection(s) so we don't duplicate food items.

Here is a quick glimpse of some things we have planned.

- There will be prize drawings at the top of each hour starting at 3:00PM through 6:00PM. You will need to be present to win.

- An adult scavenger hunt is planned. It's a little different than your normal scavenger hunt, nothing over the top at all. There will be a prize associated with the scanvenger hunt.

- There will be tables set aside for kids activiites. Some of the activiites include coloring and kids trivia with prizes.

- World Bouncer has organzied a silent auction. We will have a separate table setup with the auction items. Be sure to check it out when you come!

- And finally, we will get to meet each other! Many Disney fans from around the state and beyond in a fun and festive atmosphere. It should be a blast! Looking forward to seeing you there. :wizard:

WOW....still quite a few ppl haven't listed what they are bringing....come on ppl....i can't wait till saturday, will be loads of fun im sure....see ya'll there

WOW....still quite a few ppl haven't listed what they are bringing....come on ppl....i can't wait till saturday, will be loads of fun im sure....see ya'll there

I know - I like to see what everyone's bringing. Curious or nosy? Hmmm... :lmao:

If you haven't listed does that mean you can't come or don't know what you're bringing? I'm wondering how many people we'll end up having.

This is going to be fun!!:banana:

I forgot to add...dd was going to do a short drawing class like they do at the Studios but I got the feeling there wasn't any interest (except from ADP! - he was the only one who responded to the previous post). If you ARE interested lmk and she can do still do it. :)

I am posting this about 5:20 PM CDT. What time is Indy now? Is it EDT? Last time I was there, two years ago, I recall Indy did not do daylight time, so therefore was the same as Central. But now does daylight saving?

ETA, DIS time is off again, so it shows up as 5:09. :badpc: Sure wish they would fix that, been broken for several years. :confused3 :sad2:

I am posting this about 5:20 PM CDT. What time is Indy now? Is it EDT? Last time I was there, two years ago, I recall Indy did not do daylight time, so therefore was the same as Central. But now does daylight saving?

Hi Dan,

We are an hour ahead of you. It's 6:20PM here in Indy.

Hi y'all. I'm a loner... and am supposed to be in Chicago that weekend... but plans may very well fall thru.

If they do... Add one more to the list? And I'll bring something yummy. :goodvibes

Hope this doesn't mess up too many people, adding another "Maybe".:confused3

H:hippie:

How about a couple more maybe's? I have been going back and forth about coming to Indy this weekend. I've been to a couple of the Labor Day DISmeets in the past. I even got to sit with Aaron at the last one that I attended. Always a good time. Just a bit of a long drive. I think that I've talked my son James into coming with me to keep me company during the 10 hour roundtrip. He has a good friend in the Indianapolis area who he would like to visit, so he's up for the trip.

So if I get my pre Yankee Peddler Festival work done to the satisfaction of my DW Sue, James and I will be heading for Indianapolis on Saturday.

Aaron - If you could PM me with what you still need, I'll see what I can come up with.

I know - I like to see what everyone's bringing. Curious or nosy? Hmmm... :lmao:

If you haven't listed does that mean you can't come or don't know what you're bringing? I'm wondering how many people we'll end up having.

This is going to be fun!!:banana:

I forgot to add...dd was going to do a short drawing class like they do at the Studios but I got the feeling there wasn't any interest (except from ADP! - he was the only one who responded to the previous post). If you ARE interested lmk and she can do still do it. :)

I think my two older kids would love it. They both will probably be a bit shy, but if I sit with them, they should be fine.

We're still coming. August has been a crazy month! I will let you know what I am bringing tomorrow.

Hi y'all. I'm a loner... and am supposed to be in Chicago that weekend... but plans may very well fall thru.

If they do... Add one more to the list? And I'll bring something yummy. :goodvibes

Hope this doesn't mess up too many people, adding another "Maybe".:confused3

H:hippie:

Oh! Not at all. The more the merrier. We look forward to meeting you! :)

I think my two older kids would love it. They both will probably be a bit shy, but if I sit with them, they should be fine.

We're still coming. August has been a crazy month! I will let you know what I am bringing tomorrow.

That's great Julie! We'll see you there.

How about a couple more maybe's? I have been going back and forth about coming to Indy this weekend. I've been to a couple of the Labor Day DISmeets in the past. I even got to sit with Aaron at the last one that I attended. Always a good time. Just a bit of a long drive. I think that I've talked my son James into coming with me to keep me company during the 10 hour roundtrip. He has a good friend in the Indianapolis area who he would like to visit, so he's up for the trip.

So if I get my pre Yankee Peddler Festival work done to the satisfaction of my DW Sue, James and I will be heading for Indianapolis on Saturday.

Aaron - If you could PM me with what you still need, I'll see what I can come up with.

I think its great you are travelling so far to come to the meet John. I remember that meet very well and it was great meeting everyone!

Safe travels and we'll see you on Saturday! :thumbsup2

Phew...one more cake to bake and then 3 cakes to decorate! Ugh...a few cupcakes turned into enough cake for probably 150 people! No worries on dessert...we'll have plenty! :rotfl:

We'll also be bringing an Olive Garden style salad. At least I think that's what DH said he wanted...

And do you mean that I might actually get to meet Towncrier???? After all these years??? :thumbsup2

I'm gonna be exhausted by the time this meet finally gets rolling. I've been baking in my kitchen since 7:00pm tonight. Have 1 more to go, plus the decorating...and our AC is out. Don't you feel sorry for me? :rotfl: The AC repair guy is finally coming out tomorrow so let's hope he's able to fix the AC before I get home. Otherwise, we're gonna have some droopy icing on these cakes! :rotfl2:

Phew...one more cake to bake and then 3 cakes to decorate! Ugh...a few cupcakes turned into enough cake for probably 150 people! No worries on dessert...we'll have plenty! :rotfl:

We'll also be bringing an Olive Garden style salad. At least I think that's what DH said he wanted...

And do you mean that I might actually get to meet Towncrier???? After all these years??? :thumbsup2

I'm gonna be exhausted by the time this meet finally gets rolling. I've been baking in my kitchen since 7:00pm tonight. Have 1 more to go, plus the decorating...and our AC is out. Don't you feel sorry for me? :rotfl: The AC repair guy is finally coming out tomorrow so let's hope he's able to fix the AC before I get home. Otherwise, we're gonna have some droopy icing on these cakes! :rotfl2:

YOU ARE AWESOME! :worship:

I'm so excited about the meet that I couldn't even sleep last night. It's like I'm going to WDW tomorrow, except in Indiana.

Can't wait to meet all of you! :cheer2:

Yes I do feel sorry for you!!

K&K's Mommy - that's great! Sarah will do the drawing class. She's excited about it. :)

And I feel the same about seeing you both, again. :cool1: And so many others again and many for the first time. :woohoo: :yay:

Need to get an early start tomorrow. :faint: :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter