Indianapolis DIS Meet - Come One Come All!

Thanks from another Indy Disser, Aaron. The meet was a huge success and I was blown away by:

1. The FOOD! Amazing!
2. The prizes! Don't know how you did it!
3. The Silent Auction! I got some amazing deals!!

It was so nice to meet people. I sure wish I could've chatted more, but was busy chasing Shae around and making sure she didn't steal anyone's balloon, cake, toy, game, etc.

BY THE WAY... if you were at this meet and your child had a little pink phone, Shae was playing with it, and we TOOK IT HOME!:eek: PM me with your address and I'd be happy to mail it back to you!

Anyway... here are my pics from the day (similar to ones already here, but I took them, so you are going to see them!)

Ty and Shae posing by the sign:
DIS1.jpg

Sign in table:
DIS2.jpg

Face painting choices:
DIS3.jpg

Coloring table:
DIS5.jpg

Hula Hoop fun:
DIS4.jpg

Nobody did karaoke, but the kids had fun dancing to the music:
DIS9.jpg

DIS8.jpg

DIS7.jpg

Aaron even put a hidden Mickey at the meet:
DIS6.jpg

Ty shows off his new lunch box courtesy of the silent auction:
DIS11.jpg

Shae shows off her cookie she swiped before we left:
DIS10.jpg

But really, this is what she got from the silent auction:
DIS13.jpg

FUN TIMES! Thanks again everyone!!

Just wanted to weigh in that we had a fabulous time as well! The food was just terrific...everything you could want! We won some great prizes as well as a silent auction item. The girls were exhausted from coloring, dancing, face painting, Hot Pluto, and socializing in general. Thanks so much to everyone who contributed!

This was a great time and it was fun to meet everyone! Loved the scavenger hunt ADP - an easy way to "break the ice." :thumbsup2 The food was fantastic, I think we could all have stayed all night and still had enough for the next day.:rotfl: Everyone was so friendly and easy to talk to. DD Sarah had a lot of fun face painting and doing the drawing class - I hope everyone who participated had as much fun as she did. :)

Wow!!!
Yesterday was sooo much fun:woohoo:
Thanks so much Aaron for putting the event on
and to every1 who brought some food
it was all delish!:cloud9: ...thank dan_murphy for sendin the key lime tarts home with me heee hee:goodvibes
I stuffed myself silly!!!:rotfl:
thanks to House Mouse Lover and family for donating the tickets that i won to the renessaince(sp?) in the silent auction lol:teeth:
my dad had soo much fun sharing his pins and being able to put on the silent auction for every1!...and I enjoyed helping him:teeth:
oh it was just so fun and it was nice talking to every1;)
Jennz...your daughter was such a sweetie:cutie: (and thanks for the prizes u donated too):)
oh the dole whips were also delish(thanks for bringing the machine)!!
hoping to see some of you in disney!:goodvibes :woohoo: :yay: :banana:
:rolleyes:
JUST THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED I HAD SOO MUCH FUN!!!

;) ;)
~Amanda~

WOW, it's looks like you all had a great time! I wish we could have made it, but as I told Aaron a couple of days prior - sickness descended upon my household with a vengence the week leading up to it all... DW, DD and my middle DS were all sick with the flu. :guilty: We live in Noblesville just about 15 min from the 4H grounds and I did drive by on my way to the store to get something help settle an upset stomach - and wanted to stop by, but knew it wasn't the best option with 2 sickies waiting on me to return. Hopefully next time!!!

I enjoyed looking at the pictures! Obviously that'll have to do for now... til next time.

Aaron, did mommyc show up? I haven't seen her around, and I'm starting to get concerned....yeah, I know, life gets in the way....but it's just not like her.

No...She never made, nor has she responded to my PM. I hope everything is ok. Give it some time and I'm sure she will be back online. My guess is her short term disappearance has to do with the start of the school year.

So sorry I could not make this meet! I have pics of the very first Indy DIS meet and this sounds like the best one ever!

Love the hidden Mickey in the balloons, Dan!
2054DISmeet_hidden_Mickey.jpg

Hi guys! We had a great time yesterday too. We had to sneak out at about 5:00, so we missed the last couple of hours, but it was great putting names with faces.

I'll add my thanks to ADP (Aaron) along with all of the others. This was a lot of work that you put in! It was amazing!

Some highlights for my DH (Phillip) and I were...

• Having a DOLE WHIP (or 2 or 3) (for Bawb) in Noblesville Indiana! Thank you so much so to Jason for renting that machine and getting that mix. What a cool surprise!!!!
  • Meeting Scarlett873 (Brandie) and her DH - who we'll be cruising with on the Podcast Cruise in May! The cake was beautiful and YUMMY!
  • Meeting MenashaCorp (Jason) and MerriePoppins (Susan) - also fellow future Podcast Cruisers!
  • Finally meeting Dan Murphy, who has to be the nicest DIS-er of all time. I've been on the DIS for 10 years (yes - I'm an oldtimer) and meeting Dan Murphy has been something I've wanted to do for a long time.
  • Meeting another DIS "oldtimer" Towncrier and his son and seeing his amazing pin collection!
  • Sitting with, eating with, and chatting with Disneypirate85 (Shawn and Heather), two of the nicest people I've ever met and a couple we have a LOT in common with, including DVC memberships and an understanding of what's important and why we love WDW!
  • AND... meeting crazydisneyman, World Bouncer, and all of the other wonderful people we met!

I am sorry that DW and I missed the party on Saturday. I had an issue with the systems at the office (Server Down) and ended up in there at work almost all weekend. We really wanted to make it down.

It will be easier when we are living closer next year when we relocate to Noblesville.

Again sorry, and we promise we will make the next one!

Hi guys! We had a great time yesterday too. We had to sneak out at about 5:00, so we missed the last couple of hours, but it was great putting names with faces.

I'll add my thanks to ADP (Aaron) along with all of the others. This was a lot of work that you put in! It was amazing!

Some highlights for my DH (Phillip) and I were...
  • Having a DOLE WHIP (or 2 or 3) (for Bawb) in Noblesville Indiana! Thank you so much so to Jason for renting that machine and getting that mix. What a cool surprise!!!!
  • Meeting Scarlett873 (Brandie) and her DH - who we'll be cruising with on the Podcast Cruise in May! The cake was beautiful and YUMMY!
  • Meeting MenashaCorp (Jason) and MerriePoppins (Susan) - also fellow future Podcast Cruisers!
  • Finally meeting Dan Murphy, who has to be the nicest DIS-er of all time. I've been on the DIS for 10 years (yes - I'm an oldtimer) and meeting Dan Murphy has been something I've wanted to do for a long time.
  • Meeting another DIS "oldtimer" Towncrier and his son and seeing his amazing pin collection!
  • Sitting with, eating with, and chatting with Disneypirate85 (Shawn and Heather), two of the nicest people I've ever met and a couple we have a LOT in common with, including DVC memberships and an understanding of what's important and why we love WDW!
  • AND... all of the other wonderful people we met!

I agree, Dodie! Being a relative NOOB on the boards, I didn't "know of" Dan previously, but he was so nice, and so full of neat stories about meeting Bawb and others from the DIS that it made the meet that much more special.

I wish we'd talked more, but there may be other opportunities... and there's always the cruise of course!! ;)

PS - Crazydisneyman really *is* crazy, people!! :eek:

I just don't have the words to say how exciting and fun meeting everyone was!!!

Had a Dole Whip and thought of Bawb! Thank you for all the effort that you took to bring them to us!!

GrapeFruit Cake!!

Made lots of fun pin trades!

Won a great prize - Disney Dollars!!!

Consumed many many great tasting dishes!

Sticky Wings, Chowder, Meatballs, Buffalo Chicken Dip, and more!!!

Here are some pictures, I will post some more later....

DSC05275.jpg

DSC05270.jpg

DSC05271.jpg

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05291.jpg

DSC05294.jpg

DSC05300.jpg

DSC05317.jpg

DSC05318.jpg

DSC05324.jpg

So sorry I could not make this meet! I have pics of the very first Indy DIS meet and this sounds like the best one ever!

But your Indy DIS meet got the ball rolling (and got me to visit Indianapolis). I still have an envelope of duplicate photos from that meet that I was supposed to bring with me and pass out to those from the first meet who showed up at ADP's meet. But of course, I left the photos at home.

Maybe next time.

So ADP...when's the next one?:rolleyes1
:lmao:

Labor Day Weekend 2009? I know some have asked about the next one, but honestly, I'm still trying to soak up the fun from this one. :laughing:

I dropped the key off to the building yesterday at the fairgrounds. When I drove past the building to leave I started thinking about the meet. Many thoughts and emotions went through my mind. I was smiling, laughing, and day dreaming all the way home. Folks driving past me or sitting next to me at a stop light must have thought I was crazy! Seriously, I need tinted windows. :laughing:

I'm with you, Aaron. I came across a stack of extra Sunshine Rewards bags the other day and immediately started replaying the meet in my head. It was like spending an afternoon with kindred spirits who I knew wouldn't make fun of me about Disney like my friends and family always do. ("You're going to disney AGAIN???")

I know next year is far off, and I am SO sorry we couldn't come this year because of my d's sports stuff, but I would love to try to come next year.

If you start a new thread of decide to come up with a meet for next Labor Day, could you post to this thread so I don't miss the announcement? I'm afraid I will miss the info if you start a new thread.

Thanks so much for organizing this. I really wish we could have been there. It is nice to know there are so many other Hoosier Disney Fans out there!

DJ

It is nice to know there are so many other Hoosier Disney Fans out there!

DJ

And the funny thing is.. there are even MORE Hoosier Disney Fans out there... I'm trying to get them on the DisBoards, but so many of them claim to be 'to busy'.... sad, I know!

And the funny thing is.. there are even MORE Hoosier Disney Fans out there... I'm trying to get them on the DisBoards, but so many of them claim to be 'to busy'.... sad, I know!

Too busy for the Dis?! GASP!:laughing:

Aaron I thought you were planning another one for Halloween, that you were going to theme it like MNSSHP. :confused: I have it on the calendar...

But your Indy DIS meet got the ball rolling (and got me to visit Indianapolis). I still have an envelope of duplicate photos from that meet that I was supposed to bring with me and pass out to those from the first meet who showed up at ADP's meet. But of course, I left the photos at home.

Maybe next time.

Was the first Indy DIS meet in 2001 at Loon Lake Lodge? I was there!

I know I won't be at next year's Labor Day weekend DIS meet because I'll be leaving on a cruise from the UK. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter