I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone booked with Evolve? Looking a place for Thanksgiving and it is listed on Evolve for less than on Airbnb or Vrbo.

Hello!! Been a while since I was on here, but I had a question and knew you guys were the folks to come to! :chat:

My question pertains to my CSR, opened in 7/2018. I have kept it open all this time and am debating closing it and reapplying to re-earn the signup bonus. I am interested in earning points for a trip next summer if timing helps at all.

Questions:
1) I believe 25 months after first earning the bonus is the rule, but I wanted to confirm that.
2) Also, how quickly after closing your current account do you recommend reapplying?
3) If I move existing UR points to my CF account, can I move them back to my new CSR account with no issue once it is opened? Or do you recommend trying to time it so that I spend all my points first, and THEN close my account? If yes, does the travel need to just be booked, or must the travel have actually occurred?

TIA!

Hello!! Been a while since I was on here, but I had a question and knew you guys were the folks to come to! :chat:

My question pertains to my CSR, opened in 7/2018. I have kept it open all this time and am debating closing it and reapplying to re-earn the signup bonus. I am interested in earning points for a trip next summer if timing helps at all.

Questions:
1) I believe 25 months after first earning the bonus is the rule, but I wanted to confirm that.
2) Also, how quickly after closing your current account do you recommend reapplying?
3) If I move existing UR points to my CF account, can I move them back to my new CSR account with no issue once it is opened? Or do you recommend trying to time it so that I spend all my points first, and THEN close my account? If yes, does the travel need to just be booked, or must the travel have actually occurred?

TIA!

It's 48 months after the bonus for csr/csp.

You can pc it to a card with no fee. If you close it you need to wait 30 days before you can apply. Pc is only a 4 day wait.

You can transfer points between cards, no need to spend them all.

She must be related the the lady I had calling Hilton awhile back.

I'd call back and ask for recon. Don't talk with the regular csr. And always feel free to hang up on someone, we don't need to take their being rude.
*sigh* This was my 3rd time calling, and I always get transferred 3-4 times each time. They said the application has been closed so they can't recon. All I wanted to know after that was how to avoid this in the future since one of the reps encouraged me to reapply but this woman just wanted to gaslight me. I think I'm done.

All the talk of Priority Pass has me wondering (since it comes with the Venture X)... I got the impression that PP was actually sort of a pain. I've looked at their website and I don't believe there is one at PHX

Did there used to be a benefit where you could get some sort of credit in an airport restaurant with PP, or am I just imagining it?

All the talk of Priority Pass has me wondering (since it comes with the Venture X)... I got the impression that PP was actually sort of a pain. I've looked at their website and I don't believe there is one at PHX

Did there used to be a benefit where you could get some sort of credit in an airport restaurant with PP, or am I just imagining it?
Depends on the location. We get a $28 per person credit at a restaurant in Dulles and Reagan airports.

We are frequent users of PP lounges at MCO.

I only got to use mine twice, but when you have longer layovers it's very helpful to have access to a more comfortable chair and free food and drink. Mine with my CSR expires in October, so that's why I'm looking to get another card with that benefit.

ETA: I've only used it at ATL

Due to my ankle fracture, I am cancelling my Oregon trip. I have 3 FNCs that will expire before I am traveling again.
According to frequent miler, I can probably extend the Marriott one. I also have an IHG and a Hyatt FNC that were going to be used on that trip. Does anyone know if they will extend those?

https://frequentmiler.com/marriott-rules-for-extending-free-nights/

Barclays AA Aviator Biz DP:
Opened 8/20/20
Closed 8/20/21
Applied 8/19/22
Denied 8/22/22

Application went pending. Missed a phone call yesterday from Barclays. Called just now to be told that since I voluntarily closed the card last year I’m not eligible for another card until 24 months from cancellation. Disappointed, and wish Barclays was more consistent with their approvals and timelines for reapplying.

The priority pass website will show if there is a lounge or if there is a participating restaurant (still not over Timberline dropping out :mad: ). Some airports have neither.

I've done the lounges at ATL, Las Vegas and Sea-Tac. Atlanta was a zoo but it could have just been the time of day I was there. The others were morning flights and breakfast was good. Not to mention nicer/quieter than sitting at the gate waiting.

regarding the Cap One preapproval tool..it shows me pre-approved for the Venture and Venture One. I currently hold the X. My question is, I have had two Ventures in the past, last one closed in March 2021 with the bonus received in April of 2020. If it pulls up with the tool, do you think they would give me another one?
Still curious on that. But I did the pre-approval again just now and it still shows the Venture. But it also showed 40k for the Venture One that it did not show me last time. So I jumped on that. 40k miles with no fee, and a place to park my X miles if I cancel that card. Yes please. And there is already a virtual card in my account.
Now I am 4/24 LOL. Oops

Due to my ankle fracture, I am cancelling my Oregon trip. I have 3 FNCs that will expire before I am traveling again.
According to frequent miler, I can probably extend the Marriott one. I also have an IHG and a Hyatt FNC that were going to be used on that trip. Does anyone know if they will extend those?

Hyatt won't extend. They might give 10k points after expiration (helps if you're Globalist), but it seems more people being told no recently.

Does anyone know if Delta ever offers more than 70k bonus for their card. Once in a while
I will see this. I'm thinking more and more I might apply for the card in the future as they
seem to be opening more favorable flights from the West Coast. Thanks
depends on which card when I got the reserve it was 120k and like 30k mqm. I've seen a few hit 100+
there is a historic data site but i cant remember the name of it right now.

It's 48 months after the bonus for csr/csp.

You can pc it to a card with no fee. If you close it you need to wait 30 days before you can apply. Pc is only a 4 day wait.

You can transfer points between cards, no need to spend them all.
Thank you!! I am not sure what I would PC it to since I already have the CF. So assuming I don't go that route, I would transfer my existing CSR points to my CF, close my CSR, wait 30 days and then reapply?

Thank you!! I am not sure what I would PC it to since I already have the CF. So assuming I don't go that route, I would transfer my existing CSR points to my CF, close my CSR, wait 30 days and then reapply?
Oops. Have to edit because I posted before I actually wrote my reply. 🤨

Unless things have recently changed, you can have more than one Freedom. I have three. As someone above recommended, do a product change rather than closing your card. Someone on this board saved me from that exact mistake a while ago, and I’m forever grateful.

Long time lurker. I have a question about paying off a furnace/AC loan with Plastiq and maybe the best card to use. It will be just under $10,000.

I would only use plastiq here to take advantage of a bonus on a new card. But I'm a bit worried about sending that large of an amount. I have a relationship with Plastiq for over 5 years, but very small amounts a few hundred dollars total each year at the most. Will they flag because all of a sudden, if I send a check that large. Also I hear about specials about plastiq waiving fees, but I never can find it.
And finally any advice on which card would make the most sense(cents). Im not real comfortable with some of the larger annual fee cards.

Credit card summary…

P1 (4/5)
US Bank Altitude 12/29/20
SW Plus 03/16/21
Sapphire Prefered 08/27/21
AMEX Blue 10/01/21

Business
INK & SW

P2 (3/5)
Wyndam 03/30/21
Disney 04/15/22
IHG 05/16/22

Business
INK

Thanks for any advice on this subject and thanks for all the past advice. This is probably the only site/website/blog that I have consistently read for the past few years.

Hyatt won't extend. They might give 10k points after expiration (helps if you're Globalist), but it seems more people being told no recently.
Hyatt wouldn't extend mine, told me to call back after expiration for points and when I did, wouldn't give me any. I'm not globalist so that might be part of my issue. There aren't even any Hyatt's near me to do a staycation then.

@StephPlum I tried to extend a Hyatt FNC last year. Was told no before it expired. Then learned about the possible 10K after expiry online, so I let it expire - wasn't able to use it anyway. I had 9 qualifying nights and was then told when I called that I had to have '10' qualifying nights to be considered for the possible 10K. You can 'gift' these nights. I would call and ask about the 10K if you have the 10 nights and try to verify if you qualify for the 10K. You might not get a straight answer from them. Good luck.

Hyatt wouldn't extend mine, told me to call back after expiration for points and when I did, wouldn't give me any. I'm not globalist so that might be part of my issue. There aren't even any Hyatt's near me to do a staycation then.
yeah Hyatt doesn't extend unless you are globalist small data set but my 3 friends that arent were not able to do so :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter