I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so that's what "revenue" booking means, then. It can't be flights booked with pts. But I'm assuming travel bank funds work, right?
Okay, so that's what "revenue" booking means, then. It can't be flights booked with pts. But I'm assuming travel bank funds work, right?

I just messaged them on twitter re: travel funds, so we shall see what they say. Said it may take several hours to respond. Also tried to chat via the Southwest App, but no agents were available, only the bot.

I’m at Universal and SW just cancelled our flight for later today and rebooked is for tomorrow morning. I think I remember someone saying something about certain cards helping with such cancellations, but maybe I made that up. Are there any benefits or anything through CSR or CSP or FF? I’m on hold now to see if SW is getting us a room but I might just stay at Uni again. Thanks in advance!

Here is Chase's Trip Delay info. https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/benefit-details/sapphire-trip-delay-reimbursement

Benefit Overview

• Provides reimbursement for expenses such as meals and lodging if your common carrier (airline, bus, cruise ship, train) travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay
  • Coverage is in excess of any expenses paid by any other party, including applicable insurance
  • Trip must be away from the cardholder’s city of residence and be less than 365 days in length
  • Provides coverage when the common carrier fare has been purchased with an eligible Chase card or with rewards earned on an eligible Chase card
Who’s Covered

• Cardholder
  • Cardholder’s spouse or domestic partner
  • Dependent children under age 22
Coverage Amount

• Up to $500 for each purchased ticket
  • Coverage is limited to one covered hazard per trip
What’s Covered

• Reasonable additional expenses incurred for meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items due to the covered delay
What’s Not Covered

• Any covered hazard delay that was made public or known to you prior to the departure for the covered trip
  • Prepaid expenses are not covered

that was my understanding that it just needs to be paid via some kind of cash and not points... let us know though if im wrong.

Found this response on twitter, which seems to indicate travel funds are a GO:602914

I applied for a CIU on 9/1. I got the "we need time to review" message, but I now see the card in my Chase account (it showed up yesterday 9/6).
How long is it typically before the actual card arrives? There isn't anyway to use the card for something online until you get it in the mail, is there?

I applied for a CIU on 9/1. I got the "we need time to review" message, but I now see the card in my Chase account (it showed up yesterday 9/6).
How long is it typically before the actual card arrives? There isn't anyway to use the card for something online until you get it in the mail, is there?
Personal cards can be added to mobile wallet but I don't think Biz cards can. Usually takes 7-10 days to arrive.

created new logins?
I created one new login for the AU cards I signed DD up for. You need to verify the SSN of the AU. I ended up calling in to do this because when I tried online, the website said the SSN was wrong. You also need to give an email address to Amex to link to the AU cards. So when I sign in under her account, it shows all of her AU cards and I pick and choose which card to add specific offers to.

The fee free gift cards are usually in $200 denominations. When I want to put a payment towards tuition using the gift card, I have to take into consideration the fee charged for paying with a card. so I put the amount I’m paying as $194, they then charge me $5.34 as a fee and I’m left with $0.66 on the gift card. The easiest thing to do with that left over $ is to load it into my Amazon account so I don’t just lose it.

Try $194.65 payments?

I have $23k in private school tuition that I happily do it for. $193.00 for tuition, $5.50 fee and $1.50 to Amazon, rinse and repeat, over and over.
I know my school accepts whatever. I guess I just call it lazy math.

Try $194.46 payments?

Lazy math or not, it’s worth figuring out your tuition payments down to the penny and just use up the card. Your schools’ 2.75-2.85% fee will eat up maybe a penny of the residual balance that you’ve been loading to Amazon, but is the time you’re taking to load $0.66 or $1.50 to Amazon for dozens of cards really worth the pennies you’re saving? That and I’ve seen DPs of Amazon locking up accounts or denying small reloads if you’re only making small reloads, and lots of them.

Last edited:
Terms say it must be a revenue flight and specifically excludes using points. But does anyone know if I use a gift card, if that counts as a revenue flight? What about travel funds? I might try to chat them and see what I find out.
Yep, my original Oct flights were on points, and the terms do explicitly state it needed to be revenue flights so I canceled my existing flights and paid for my new ones with one of my Plats. I haven't used much of my airline credits for this calendar year, partly because I'm hoping that SW will do a similar conversion like they did last year (slim chance of that but one can dream). If nothing else, then I'll wait until the end of the year so that I push out the expiration date on the travel funds.

Anyone else get any delayed shipping over this weekend?

I was expecting a lawn mower cover from Home Depot, purchased with MR's using gift cards bought a while back at 20% off, to tie it in. (My gift card supply is diminishing - wish I could get that same deal again and I'd finish off my small remaining MR stash!)

Anyway, supposed to arrive on Saturday Sept 4th. No show. On Sunday the tracking saying it was arriving changed to 'call after 3 days'. Still says it was sent out.

Meanwhile, I went to the shed, found the box for the old one which split while sitting on the mower, leaving my seat soaking wet in the heavy rain. Inside the box was paper with the guarantee and date purchased. The thing had a 2 year guarantee and it is 1 year and 5 months old. Box was in excellent condition <g>.

Meanwhile, I'm now waiting to call the company for replacement although the replacement terms are ambiguous. We will see. When storing it inside, I don't need a cover. But is using it all summer outside abuse of the product? It's obvious to me that it is sun damage. Did I need a cover for my cover? They are in Pacific time zone so I have to wait until 11am here.
Yes. Received something today that was ordered at the end of August. The company we ordered from usually delivers within 2-3 days tops.

Looks like that amount is $194.46 for me with the 2.85% fee. Now can I remember that odd amount?

Try $194.46 payments?

Lazy math or not, it’s worth figuring out your tuition payments down to the penny and just use up the card. Your schools’ 2.75-2.85% fee will eat up maybe a penny of the residual balance that you’ve been loading to Amazon, but is the time you’re taking to load $0.66 or $1.50 to Amazon for dozens of cards really worth the pennies you’re saving? That and I’ve seen DPs of Amazon locking up accounts or denying small reloads if you’re only making small reloads, and lots of them.
THANKS! I'll definitely be trying $194.46 next time. Just need another Mastercard gift card deal!

I’m at Universal and SW just cancelled our flight for later today and rebooked is for tomorrow morning. I think I remember someone saying something about certain cards helping with such cancellations, but maybe I made that up. Are there any benefits or anything through CSR or CSP or FF? I’m on hold now to see if SW is getting us a room but I might just stay at Uni again. Thanks in advance!
What card did you use to book your flight? If you used your CSR or CSP even for the $5.60 you're all set.

Congrats party:
You can SM Chase and ask for the card to be expedited

Anyone else get any delayed shipping over this weekend?

I was expecting a lawn mower cover from Home Depot, purchased with MR's using gift cards bought a while back at 20% off, to tie it in. (My gift card supply is diminishing - wish I could get that same deal again and I'd finish off my small remaining MR stash!)

Anyway, supposed to arrive on Saturday Sept 4th. No show. On Sunday the tracking saying it was arriving changed to 'call after 3 days'. Still says it was sent out.

Meanwhile, I went to the shed, found the box for the old one which split while sitting on the mower, leaving my seat soaking wet in the heavy rain. Inside the box was paper with the guarantee and date purchased. The thing had a 2 year guarantee and it is 1 year and 5 months old. Box was in excellent condition <g>.

Meanwhile, I'm now waiting to call the company for replacement although the replacement terms are ambiguous. We will see. When storing it inside, I don't need a cover. But is using it all summer outside abuse of the product? It's obvious to me that it is sun damage. Did I need a cover for my cover? They are in Pacific time zone so I have to wait until 11am here.

I can't comment on delayed deliveries, or why a cover can't take the elements, but

Many tractors have seats that will tip forward to keep them dry (and cooler if in the sun), so this might tide you over until the delivery come through.

I can't comment on delayed deliveries, or why a cover can't take the elements, but

Many tractors have seats that will tip forward to keep them dry (and cooler if in the sun), so this might tide you over until the delivery come through.

New one arrived today, and yes, my seat tips forward to allow me to fuel it. What I did as a stop gap was fold up the enormous cover and draped the layers over the seat.

Meanwhile I called to submit a claim under the warranty. Waited until today as instructed on the warranty info. Found out via automated phone call that it is an online process. Went out and took a few pictures, got some numbers of a tag inside the cover, emailed myself the pics, completed the claim and submitted it. Now my email app on my samsung S10+ has glitched. Google mail works in a separate app, but my antique email died on my phone. Works on laptop so it's a phone problem. Always something..

Ordered some cleanser from Amazon last evening. Arrived same time as the cover.

UPS guy dropped the wrong package. I picked it up and knew it was too light. He had given me my neighbor's package and was headed over there with mine. He came back and switched. My dog barks for everybody who comes to the door so I caught him before he got away. Dog is good for something.

Trying to mentally prepare for school to start tomorrow. OMG everything is a fiasco. Like most places, we don't have enough bus drivers. They have high school kids being picked up at 9:35 when school starts at 9. And when they say they'll pick them up at 9:35, it will likely be closer to 11 for the first few weeks. I found out last night that Juniors aren't guarateed parking. And DS is splitting his time between two schools and right now is required to ride the bus to the second school but the bus will never get him back in time for football. And his dad moved 30 minutes away which just adds another fun layer. I paid oodles of money to get him a car and insure him and it seems like I'll be driving him all over the county while working! My employer will love this:)

In credit card news, my refinance closes tomorrow and I signed my contract with the tile guy who will demo my bathroom and do the tile work. Next week I'll pick out the tile. Then I'll work on the vanity and counter. I've picked out some pretty Delta faucets but I'm struggling with finish (leaning toward the champagne bronze). Anyway, should have a decent amount of spend to put on a new card but not inspired at the moment. Still have maybe a little over $1000 to finish my CS Platinum retention offer. And while I'm sitting on 400K UR points for flights to Europe, I really don't feel optimistic about crusing next summer. I so want something to look forward to.

Here is Chase's Trip Delay info. https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/benefit-details/sapphire-trip-delay-reimbursement

Benefit Overview

• Provides reimbursement for expenses such as meals and lodging if your common carrier (airline, bus, cruise ship, train) travel is delayed more than 12 hours or requires an overnight stay
  • Coverage is in excess of any expenses paid by any other party, including applicable insurance
  • Trip must be away from the cardholder’s city of residence and be less than 365 days in length
  • Provides coverage when the common carrier fare has been purchased with an eligible Chase card or with rewards earned on an eligible Chase card
Who’s Covered

• Cardholder
  • Cardholder’s spouse or domestic partner
  • Dependent children under age 22
Coverage Amount

• Up to $500 for each purchased ticket
  • Coverage is limited to one covered hazard per trip
What’s Covered

• Reasonable additional expenses incurred for meals, lodging, toiletries, medication, and other personal use items due to the covered delay
What’s Not Covered

• Any covered hazard delay that was made public or known to you prior to the departure for the covered trip
  • Prepaid expenses are not covered
What card did you use to book your flight? If you used your CSR or CSP even for the $5.60 you're all set.
Thank you both so much! I did use one of them, I’ll have to check and see which one and make a claim. Although it was stressful we made the best of it and enjoyed another day of vacation.

Trying to mentally prepare for school to start tomorrow. OMG everything is a fiasco. Like most places, we don't have enough bus drivers. They have high school kids being picked up at 9:35 when school starts at 9. And when they say they'll pick them up at 9:35, it will likely be closer to 11 for the first few weeks. I found out last night that Juniors aren't guarateed parking. And DS is splitting his time between two schools and right now is required to ride the bus to the second school but the bus will never get him back in time for football. And his dad moved 30 minutes away which just adds another fun layer. I paid oodles of money to get him a car and insure him and it seems like I'll be driving him all over the county while working! My employer will love this:)

In credit card news, my refinance closes tomorrow and I signed my contract with the tile guy who will demo my bathroom and do the tile work. Next week I'll pick out the tile. Then I'll work on the vanity and counter. I've picked out some pretty Delta faucets but I'm struggling with finish (leaning toward the champagne bronze). Anyway, should have a decent amount of spend to put on a new card but not inspired at the moment. Still have maybe a little over $1000 to finish my CS Platinum retention offer. And while I'm sitting on 400K UR points for flights to Europe, I really don't feel optimistic about crusing next summer. I so want something to look forward to.
Ugh on the bus issues….but congrats on the refi
Have fun picking all the bathroom stuff out…it was a bit overwhelming to me…took a while and returning 2 different floor tiles but love the black and white pattern tile I finally found…bathroom is a farmhouse look white and black …subway tile shower and all fixtures are black…with a black and white floor tile which we also used for the 3 shelf niche

Congrats! P2 applied for CIC on 8/29 and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter