I love credit cards so much! v4.0 - 2021 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The estimates we got were all over the place…..from $8,000 with us buying all the materials to $30k…for our tiny bathroom
The one I got from the bathroom/kitchen renovation place was $28k. It’s an 80 sq ft bathroom. I told him $25k was my max (but want to be closer to $20k) and they said I would have to use granite not quartz. Like 12 sq ft of quartz was going to make a $3k difference? My tile guy is charging me about $8k to demo, do the shower, and tile the floor. I’ll manage the rest using subs rhe tile guy regularly works with. I’m thinking I’ll be close to $20k going this route. Will be more work for me but I think it’s worth it to save the $.

And I wanted two mirrors with sconces on the sides but don’t have space so I’m thinking of mounting the sconces to the mirror. Lots to figure out!

Looking for a little help / advice -
It's my turn coming up to get SW CP for '22-'23. Is there a limit on how many Chase cards one can have? Currently have CSR, CF, 2 IHG cards, Disney Visa.

Looking to either MDD two personal SW cards or go the 1 pers/1bus route. (Went 1pers/1bus for P2 end of '19). Not really tied to the Disney Visa, it is my oldest chase card though by about 4 years - should I cancel and free a spot up?

Getting the CP is my number one priority, but my CSR (opened 5 yrs ago) AF posted earlier this month - thinking of PCing and getting the CSP and it's bonus - will that affect my SW card(s) chances?

With the promo SW just came out with we are good until beginning of March '22 on the current CP so not essential to hit the spend as early as I have in the past.
Credit scores are excellent and am at 0/24. Thanks everyone.

I applied for a CIU on 9/1. I got the "we need time to review" message, but I now see the card in my Chase account (it showed up yesterday 9/6).
How long is it typically before the actual card arrives? There isn't anyway to use the card for something online until you get it in the mail, is there?

Just got the same thing for CIU that "DH" applied for last night. Got the "we need time to review" message and then bam, it is in his account this morning. Still no notification of approval. Hoping it arrives in about a week.

It's my turn coming up to get SW CP for '22-'23. Is there a limit on how many Chase cards one can have? Currently have CSR, CF, 2 IHG cards, Disney Visa.

Looking to either MDD two personal SW cards or go the 1 pers/1bus route. (Went 1pers/1bus for P2 end of '19). Not really tied to the Disney Visa, it is my oldest chase card though by about 4 years - should I cancel and free a spot up?

Getting the CP is my number one priority, but my CSR (opened 5 yrs ago) AF posted earlier this month - thinking of PCing and getting the CSP and it's bonus - will that affect my SW card(s) chances?

With the promo SW just came out with we are good until beginning of March '22 on the current CP so not essential to hit the spend as early as I have in the past.
This is what I would do since you are 0/24:
PC CSR today… apply for CSP 9/12… then MDD 2 SW cards in mid Dec or early Jan. Hopefully there will be a good SW offer around that time.
No need to close your Disney card, specially since it’s your oldest card and is good to have for referrals.

Chase doesn’t have a set maximum of how many cards you can hold. I currently have 12.

You'll want to keep your credit lines low enough to allow space for the new cards. General rule is 50% of income or 70-80k, whichever is lower.

You'll want to keep your credit lines low enough to allow space for the new cards. General rule is 50% of income or 70-80k, whichever is lower.
Is this general rule for Chase (each bank) or across all brands/banks combined? For example should I try and keep my total combined credit lines across all banks below these thresholds?

For those that may not venture off of this thread on the DIS:

RUMOR THAT DISNEY GENIE WILL LAUNCH FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER via WDW Magic. I know we have some upcoming trips here so just wanted to call that out for you friends!

Individual Ride Pricing RUMOR from the same post:
We understand from various sources that Disney will be asking between $4 and $24 per person, per ride, depending on the category of attraction.

The one I got from the bathroom/kitchen renovation place was $28k. It’s an 80 sq ft bathroom. I told him $25k was my max (but want to be closer to $20k) and they said I would have to use granite not quartz. Like 12 sq ft of quartz was going to make a $3k difference? My tile guy is charging me about $8k to demo, do the shower, and tile the floor. I’ll manage the rest using subs rhe tile guy regularly works with. I’m thinking I’ll be close to $20k going this route. Will be more work for me but I think it’s worth it to save the $.

And I wanted two mirrors with sconces on the sides but don’t have space so I’m thinking of mounting the sconces to the mirror. Lots to figure out!
We just replaced our kitchen countertop with Quartz and I was surprised that it was $2k more than granite…
The Mirror sounds very pretty…my bathroom is 6ftx5ft…just a corner shower, 24 inch sink and toilet…so $30k was nuts.
The guy we are using did 2 bathrooms for our cousin. He is charging $8k included the demo, shower enclosure and all the work and painting. We purchased the tile, sink, mirror, light and toilet…to me for Long Island it was super reasonable.

$24!?!?!
I can’t think of anything ride I’d pay $24 for in Disney.
X 5 people= No way
I was guessing more like $15. That’s crazy

$24 per person on top of the ticket price for the day? There's no ride at Disney I would pay that for, I don't think. I am glad my kids were little in the "golden age" pre-MDE, paper fastpass, tons of events, DVC passes, etc. Post COVID we've started on non-Disney adventures, and it is a nice change. Still love me some Castaway Cay, though!

$24 per person on top of the ticket price for the day? There's no ride at Disney I would pay that for, I don't think. I am glad my kids were little in the "golden age" pre-MDE, paper fastpass, tons of events, DVC passes, etc. Post COVID we've started on non-Disney adventures, and it is a nice change. Still love me some Castaway Cay, though!
I told our girls that we probably won’t be going back to Disney for a very long time. We will visit the other Disney parks once, but never will we do a WDW week long vacation again.

For those that may not venture off of this thread on the DIS:

RUMOR THAT DISNEY GENIE WILL LAUNCH FIRST WEEK OF OCTOBER via WDW Magic. I know we have some upcoming trips here so just wanted to call that out for you friends!

Individual Ride Pricing RUMOR from the same post:
We understand from various sources that Disney will be asking between $4 and $24 per person, per ride, depending on the category of attraction.

We arrive Oct 11th. I can't decide whether I'm excited or scared (probably both)!

It really is a great value for the points! I was looking at future dates for a return visit and couldn’t find anything. Not sure if calling the hotel directly or going through the concierge contact for Globalist would make a difference on potential availability.

Nice seeing you have a nice vacation in our little neck of the woods. Good to know you thought it was worth the points, too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter